There are 243 users in the forums

QB Tom Savage Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
enjoy this signing boys. this is the only thing lynch will do to improve our team this year

What else signing should he do right now that makes sense and make an impact?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
enjoy this signing boys. this is the only thing lynch will do to improve our team this year

make a pitch for cooper. bring up the 7th round draft choice, i am sure there are some names of players out there who are on the trade block that could help us. of course you will find a reason to be critical of my ideas as I assume you are just fine with the team the way it is. just fine that we continue to find ways to lose games. just fine with the horrible defense the team play in the last two drives vs the packers we have to protect the coaches you know . that is the reason we have three threads for the dc. god forbid if they were three negative threads about him. i am sure you guys would shut them down in a new york minute
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
oh trade worthless garcon and play james if we are really serious about brick by brick and finding out what the kids have. unless of course you think this is a playoff team

trade Solomon Thomas for Amari Cooper.
make a pitch for cooper. bring up the 7th round draft choice, i am sure there are some names of players out there who are on the trade block that could help us. of course you will find a reason to be critical of my ideas as I assume you are just fine with the team the way it is. just fine that we continue to find ways to lose games. just fine with the horrible defense the team play in the last two drives vs the packers we have to protect the coaches you know . that is the reason we have three threads for the dc. god forbid if they were three negative threads about him. i am sure you guys would shut them down in a new york minute

How do you know this? Teams don't just go out and trade their good players.

Well unless you're the Raiders but that's another story.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 17, 2018 at 10:17 AM ]
is he a roody poo?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

How do you know this? Teams don't just go out and trade their good players.

Well unless you're the Raiders but that's another story.
it would not take much to upgrade some of our players. not looking for pro bowlers.. just some people respectable. but come to think of it. with the dc and defensive coaches we have. it makes no sense to obtain someone on the defensive side of the ball cuz they would be coached poorly and played out of position most likely
Tommy flucking Savage. We are getting better by the day. The Rams are quaking in their boots now fellas!Dumpster diving with class.
Originally posted by socal1632:
Tommy flucking Savage. We are getting better by the day. The Rams are quaking in their boots now fellas!Dumpster diving with class.

Savage ain't playing on Sunday lol
Originally posted by ital:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Another KS friend signing...

Hope this works out better than his buddy Hoyer.

Hoyer seems to be enjoying life in NE.

Yes but Kyle saw him as a starter in the NFL. Offensive genius?

what were better options out there at that time? Especially ones with knowledge of the system. (I'll wait)

It's sad how you negative posters are getting mad about who the team decides to be the third string QB. Simmer down.

I know y'all were waiting for this, so i'll jump....CK7???

lol, next.

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by socal1632:

Savage ain't playing on Sunday lol
He needs to be playing, without seeing the playbook, to see how good he is. We need that #1 pick!!! Tame the SAVAGE beast!!
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

why on Earth would they accept that deal? Just b/c it makes sense to you?
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

why on Earth would they accept that deal? Just b/c it makes sense to you?

Is it bad that I don't think that's the worst deal in the world? Maybe the Raiders throw in a 4th or something.
  • dj43

I hope your crystal ball is far from crystal clear.
  • dj43
Savage isn't going to take the team to the playoffs, however, we need to respect the idea that he has some familiarity with Kyle's style of offense. There isn't time to train anyone from a completely different offense. Just having someone to take snaps if Beathard gets nicked and needs a day off from time to time.

Teams often make this kind of move. I just read a on a news group I get that KC has signed Jeff Allen to help out due to injuries to two starters on their OL. The reason given was that he was familiar with Reid's system.

Take it for what it's worth. It is what teams do.
Share 49ersWebzone