There are 208 users in the forums

49ers Roster: The Glue, Dead Weight, and Trade Bait

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I laugh when I see RAHEEM MOSTERT left off the list of GLUE players. He's an all-pro gunner and a great tackler. Gunners are vital to teams during playoff time as punt returns often break up a game. He's the fastest RB on the team, a former track star. He's a very good blocker and pass protector and seems to be the toughest and most durable among the RBs. Shanahan's hand was finally forced when the other RBs crumbled due to injury and, despite his excellent performances the past few weeks, he still had only 7 carries. Two preseasons ago he scored on an 87-yard screen pass and pulled off a beautiful 23 yard run by running over and through tacklers and Shanahan still wouldn't give him a chance. He has been rewarded by his teammates for being a uniter both in the locker room, on the field, and in the community. TIME TO GIVE HIM A START.
[ Edited by kezarvet49 on Oct 26, 2018 at 7:48 AM ]
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
I laugh when I see RAHEEM MOSTERT left off the list of GLUE players. He's an all-pro gunner and a great tackler. Gunners are vital to teams during playoff time as punt returns often break up a game. He's the fastest RB on the team, a former track star. He's a very good blocker and pass protector and seems to be the toughest and most durable among the RBs. Shanahan's hand was finally forced when the other RBs crumbled due to injury and, despite his excellent performances the past few weeks, he still had only 7 carries. Two preseasons ago he scored on an 87-yard screen pass and pulled off a beautiful 23 yard run by running over and through tacklers and Shanahan still wouldn't give him a chance. He has been rewarded by his teammates for being a uniter both in the locker room, on the field, and in the community. TIME TO GIVE HIM A START.

He is on the glue list under special teams. Just hadn't moved him to the runners above.
FYI.. All the guys under trade bait, including Garcon and AA, who folks wanted us to trade, can still be unloaded after the season since they're under contract for 2019. Teams with a need could easily take an established veteran and give them a year to prove themselves while simultaneously using them as a buffer to any rookie. Typically, teams will favor experience.

Plenty of 3-4 teams that could want AA, Plenty of teams who will lose receivers in the off-season too.
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-fill-two-roster-spots-thursday-night-football-vs-raiders

Team reportedly planning on bringing up slot corner Emmanuel Moseley.

Something I've wondered is why they don't work Reed at outside corner. I don't think he's a fit at free safety. Doesn't have great range, size, or foot speed to close. He has the length, strength, and tenacity to hold up outside far better in man coverage.

Playing zone safety with his skill set is as "square peg into a round hole" as it gets..

We need to target pure safeties this off-season so we can stop the conversion projects. I get moving Moore, but not Reed.
Share 49ersWebzone