LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 264 users in the forums

Tanking?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Tanking?

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
the way we've been drafting in the first round, it doesnt matter where we draft at lol...

Big Mike is pretty legit and Solly is undecided

Myles Garrett was #1 on our board in 2017, but he got picked by Cleveland so we took Solomon instead.

If anything, 2017 is EXACTLY WHY we should want the #1 pick. Bosa might be #1 on our board, but they might have Clelin Ferrell or someone at #2 who could turn into a bust

all because of a stupid meaningless win.
I just feel bad for all the poor slobs who didn't allow themselves to enjoy a rare 49ers win last week only to find out moments later that the Raiders won and we DIDN'T lose the 1st pick!! Sad
Originally posted by LenCat:
I just feel bad for all the poor slobs who didn't allow themselves to enjoy a rare 49ers win last week only to find out moments later that the Raiders won and we DIDN'T lose the 1st pick!! Sad

Yup...although now that we're tied with the Cards because of that win, it's likely we still lose the #1 on SOS.

Thanks to that win, there's a very good chance we'll lose the #1 spot to AZ. Savor that win April 25th when AZ trades the pick to a team which picks Bosa. Remember Mullens' glory while Bosa puts on another team's cap and holds up their uniform. Relish the 3 in 3-13 and be proud.
even if AZ does get the first pick which I am really hoping they don't, AZ needs a QB bigtime.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
even if AZ does get the first pick which I am really hoping they don't, AZ needs a QB bigtime.

Lol they're not giving up on Rosen that quickly.

OT and DT are their biggest needs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

They just drafted Rosen.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Thanks to that win, there's a very good chance we'll lose the #1 spot to AZ. Savor that win April 25th when AZ trades the pick to a team which picks Bosa. Remember Mullens' glory while Bosa puts on another team's cap and holds up their uniform. Relish the 3 in 3-13 and be proud.

Really? So a poster cant enjoy a win now without getting this kind of s**t? I want Bosa but this sort of post is very quickly going to get irritating.
Originally posted by English:

Really? So a poster cant enjoy a win now without getting this kind of s**t? I want Bosa but this sort of post is very quickly going to get irritating.

Really? I'm a poor slob.
Really? I'm a poor slob.

Keep pushing it.

Originally posted by English:
Really? I'm a poor slob.

Keep pushing it.

So I can refer to any poster with an opinion as a poor slob with no comment.

Gotcha.
---------Originally posted by English:
-------------------Originally posted by RTFirefly:
-------------------Really? I'm a poor slob.
---------Keep pushing it.
So I can refer to any poster with an opinion as a poor slob with no comment.

Gotcha.

------------

HAHA! OK let me apologize for the "poor slob" comment. It's really just and old expression but in todays hyper sensitive world I shouldn't use it.

I guess there will always be two camps on this issue that will never agree BUT here's the bottom line:

No matter if we root FOR the team or root AGAINST the team it wont change what happens on the field so why not enjoy the WIN(s)?
It wont change what happens in the draft room so why not enjoy the WIN(s)?
It wont change the future of the player(s) drafted so why not enjoy the WIN(s)?
No one has a crystal ball to say for 100% that Bosa (or whoever) will be a bust, a HOFer or in the middle so why not enjoy the WIN(s)?
Go ahead and argue if you want but it won't change a thing so why not enjoy the WIN(s)?
[ Edited by LenCat on Dec 13, 2018 at 10:26 AM ]
wat
I have been saying that people who wanted the win have every right to want that for their team. If you are a fan of a team no one should be telling you that you shouldn't root for a win no matter what draft implications there may be. That is your right as a fan to hope for a win.

On the flip side. People who wanted the loss also should not be called names and said they aren't fans because they want a higher draft pick.

99% of these people are not saying the team themselves should have tanked to get the pick but they understand that losing gives them a greater chance to pick a player that would help us more in the long run.

Now what I have been debating with others on here is what actually would be better for the team. I think it's obvious one meaningless win is not better than landing a player like Bosa but people on here actually say that I'm wrong yet have nothing to back it up. Every time someone makes this point people straw man them and don't have any evidence to prove that we are wrong.

There really are two things that we are discussing with the tanking idea and people need to understand that.

1. Whether it is right for FANS to root for a loss? 2. What is better for the team... one win vs Bosa?

Not a single person has given a good argument to the second question.

LOL
Share 49ersWebzone