There are 63 users in the forums

Tanking?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Tanking?

Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
the way we've been drafting in the first round, it doesnt matter where we draft at lol...

Big Mike is pretty legit and Solly is undecided

Myles Garrett was #1 on our board in 2017, but he got picked by Cleveland so we took Solomon instead.

If anything, 2017 is EXACTLY WHY we should want the #1 pick. Bosa might be #1 on our board, but they might have Clelin Ferrell or someone at #2 who could turn into a bust
Just wish we hadn't won that last game, and we drafted Garrett number 1. Our D would be looking a lot better right now.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Weird coincidence that the two wins after JG's injury came against the Raiders and Broncos? I think not.....

now back to tanking.

And Mullens has 2 wins. Garoppolo has 1.

Mullens >>>>>> Garoppolo
Yep. No QB controversy here.

Pretty clear Mullens is twice as good as Jimmy, at least that's what the record says.
No one player's going to fix our pass rush...that's because there are other pieces that must be upgraded on the DL. For example, the inside DT position alongside Buckner. Mitchell's not the answer...not sure about D.J. Jones yet. I don't see Thomas having success inside. Lynch can sign DT Malcolm Brown to strengthen the interior DL. I'd draft Ferrell...because he's a good pass rusher & has become a good run-stopper. He's also a guy Lynch could trade down & still get, plus at least two more high picks. He only has 5 to work with right now...that's not enough to fill holes and/or upgrade the number of positions needed. As for Mullens, he's showing he's got some game...and unless he falls on his face the rest of the way, he'll likely oust Beathard as JG's b/u.
We still #1 or nah
The season finale might be tricky. McVay could sit starters.
Originally posted by susweel:
We still #1 or nah

Yes. But it's by a paper-thin margin. Root hard for the Cardinals first and Falcons/Redskins second, and root against the Giants/Bucs.

Good chance the Raiders win one more IMO. We need to do our part and lose the last three, though, because I don't have much faith in the Jets/Bills/Jags/Falcons all winning one more. Fortunately we have the thickest closing schedule out of everyone. Not only are all three teams red hot and good, but they all will likely have something to play for (knock on wood; Rams needing something to play for in Week 17 will be huge)
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Just wish we hadn't won that last game, and we drafted Garrett number 1. Our D would be looking a lot better right now.

Should have lost that game. What was the front office thinking. Too much pride on the line
As long as the Saints don't go 0-2 these next two weeks while the Rams go 2-0, the Rams will 99% have something to play for Week 17. Even if the Rams fall below the Saints, the Bears could become a factor because they now hold the tiebreaker over the Rams (and they have a good chance to beat the Packers in Chicago and us).
Originally posted by kazak13:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:

Should have lost that game. What was the front office thinking. Too much pride on the line

with our Defensive coaching staff had solly gone to the browns.. garrett could be a bust in our system since salad would prolly play him at cb.

Originally posted by zonkers:

Not if they're fighting with Nola for home field throughout which is looking more and more like the scenario
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
No one player's going to fix our pass rush...that's because there are other pieces that must be upgraded on the DL. For example, the inside DT position alongside Buckner. Mitchell's not the answer...not sure about D.J. Jones yet. I don't see Thomas having success inside. Lynch can sign DT Malcolm Brown to strengthen the interior DL. I'd draft Ferrell...because he's a good pass rusher & has become a good run-stopper. He's also a guy Lynch could trade down & still get, plus at least two more high picks. He only has 5 to work with right now...that's not enough to fill holes and/or upgrade the number of positions needed. As for Mullens, he's showing he's got some game...and unless he falls on his face the rest of the way, he'll likely oust Beathard as JG's b/u.

I agree I don't think Ferrell gets enough love. He will be just fine at #2 or #3. That guy is an animal. Maybe not as good as Bosa but still pretty freaking good.
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I agree I don't think Ferrell gets enough love. He will be just fine at #2 or #3. That guy is an animal. Maybe not as good as Bosa but still pretty freaking good.

FOUR top 1st round picks in five years on defensive tackles??? Let's just field a team of defensive tackles, for crying out loud. Forget all the other positions.

Not if they're fighting with Nola for home field throughout which is looking more and more like the scenario

Agreed...plus the Rams didn't fare well in the playoffs last year by treating the 49ers like a bye week. They'll play to win and the Saints are forcing them to show up as well.
Originally posted by ltrain:

Agreed...plus the Rams didn't fare well in the playoffs last year by treating the 49ers like a bye week. They'll play to win and the Saints are forcing them to show up as well.

Saints won the head-go-ahead. Rams are in no position to rest anybody at the moment.
It looks like the Rams will need week 17. (Although NO does play the early game that week)
Share 49erswebzone