There are 227 users in the forums

Tanking?

Tanking?

Originally posted by highway49:
Ninersnation just posted something on this.....

From David.

The first tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The team with the weakest SOS among tied teams gets the higher first round pick. The 49ers and Cardinals are currently tied in SOS, so it moves to the next tiebreaker. When there is an applicable divisional or conference tiebreaker, that is applied. The 49ers and Cardinals are both in the NFC West, so divisional tiebreaker applies. I don't know if it's head-to-head and then divisional record, or if it moves straight to divisional record. Either way, the 49ers claim it, with Arizona sweeping the head-to-head series, and the 49ers sitting at 0-4 in the division compared to the Cardinals at 2-2. If the 49ers beat the Seahawks and Rams and the Cardinals lost their final two to them, it would move on to record in common games. If all the divisional and conference tiebreakers don't clear it up, it then moves to a coin flip at the NFL Combine.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 9, 2018 at 6:12 PM ]
What f**king pick are we ?!??
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Originally posted by NCommand:

From David.

The first tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The team with the weakest SOS among tied teams gets the higher first round pick. The 49ers and Cardinals are currently tied in SOS, so it moves to the next tiebreaker.
When there is an applicable divisional or conference tiebreaker, that is applied. The 49ers and Cardinals are both in the NFC West, so divisional tiebreaker applies. I don't know if it's head-to-head and then divisional record, or if it moves straight to divisional record. Either way, the 49ers claim it, with Arizona sweeping the head-to-head series, and the 49ers sitting at 0-4 in the division compared to the Cardinals at 2-2. If the 49ers beat the Seahawks and Rams and the Cardinals lost their final two to them, it would move on to record in common games.

If all the divisional and conference tiebreakers don't clear it up, it then moves to a coin flip at the NFL Combine.

The divisional tiebreak is in the link I posted: HtH, div record, conf. rec.

Ok good
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

From David.

The first tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The team with the weakest SOS among tied teams gets the higher first round pick. The 49ers and Cardinals are currently tied in SOS, so it moves to the next tiebreaker. When there is an applicable divisional or conference tiebreaker, that is applied. The 49ers and Cardinals are both in the NFC West, so divisional tiebreaker applies. I don't know if it's head-to-head and then divisional record, or if it moves straight to divisional record. Either way, the 49ers claim it, with Arizona sweeping the head-to-head series, and the 49ers sitting at 0-4 in the division compared to the Cardinals at 2-2. If the 49ers beat the Seahawks and Rams and the Cardinals lost their final two to them, it would move on to record in common games. If all the divisional and conference tiebreakers don't clear it up, it then moves to a coin flip at the NFL Combine.

Yup yup! You're the man (if you are a man).

From David.

Yup about the man part. I was and have been for ages wrong about the tiebreak procedures. My wings are thoroughly clipped.

Ok good
While the website Tankathon has the 2019 NFL draft order as:San Francisco and the Cardinals tied with a .530 SOS (and Oakland at .568) an article on this website has San Francisco with a .488 SOS, Cardinals at .515 and Oakland at .569.
So, it's unclear.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
While the website Tankathon has the 2019 NFL draft order as:San Francisco and the Cardinals tied with a .530 SOS (and Oakland at .568) an article on this website has San Francisco with a .488 SOS, Cardinals at .515 and Oakland at .569.
So, it's unclear.

Tankathon's SOS includes opponents not yet played which is a more reliable method than only opponents-to-date. It will change week-to-week anyway.
Weird coincidence that the two wins after JG's injury came against the Raiders and Broncos? I think not.....

now back to tanking.

From David.

Yup about the man part. I was and have been for ages wrong about the tiebreak procedures. My wings are thoroughly clipped.

Well I just learned via your clipped wings so that you!
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Weird coincidence that the two wins after JG's injury came against the Raiders and Broncos? I think not.....

now back to tanking.

And Mullens has 2 wins. Garoppolo has 1.

Mullens >>>>>> Garoppolo

now back to tanking.

Mullens >>>>>> Garoppolo

Well, duh!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

now back to tanking.

Mullens >>>>>> Garoppolo

Well, duh!

Haha
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
the way we've been drafting in the first round, it doesnt matter where we draft at lol...

Big Mike is pretty legit and Solly is undecided
Share 49erswebzone