LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 132 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at MINNESOTA VIKINGS - 2018 Game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Vikings are facing the packers next week. If Aaron Rodgers is healthy I would love to see their million dollar qb compared to jimmy
[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Sep 10, 2018 at 8:37 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 10, 2018 at 8:45 AM ]
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Sep 10, 2018 at 8:46 AM ]
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
That whole Kittle/pic 6 fiasco really swung the game. That was a 14 point turn around. That's just the way football is.

I thought the Morris fumble at the 1 f**ked us so bad. 10-3 at the 1 with a chance to tie it and put pressure on Cousins. What a bummer

Yea that Morris fumble...
what was up with that series of play calling
I mean, Kyle couldn't try something else then uo the gut?

I think linebacker play other then Warner the rookie sucked and is what really didn't help.

A healthy foster would have made a big difference
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I agree that we were less competitive in this game than the final score indicated.

We need to clean up our tackling number one. Number two the pics and fumbles. 14 point swing right there.

We werent that competitive in coverage. I feel like our dbs show signs of being fundamentally unsound. Not getting coached up.

I disagree the dropped TDs and that horrible fumble by Morris were mistakes that cost the team a win.

Ya but those are also characteristics of a meh team. Ever notice how its always the below average teams saying if we woulda did this or that we woulda won. Rarely hear that outta the good teams.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I won't say we beat ourselves. I get it, we don't want to give the other team credit for the win, and we want to believe that we could win, but miscues, mistakes, bad throws, wrong routes are part of why you practice....so it doesn't happen. Vikings didn't make mistakes, they made plays on third down when they needed to and we did not.

Cousins was spot on, Jimmy had some great throws but some that hurt us.

I won't say we are a 7-9 team yet, but we have a lot of stuff clean up, next team up. I think we can pick ourselves up, regroup and come out with a win.
We spotted them 7 points due to a WR running a wrong route. Dropped two TD passes and the QB missed a wide op.en TE in the end zone. Yeah, we beat ourselves. This was a VERY winnable game.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Wilson broke the rytthym with the dropped pass
Share 49ersWebzone