Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
PBP shouldn't be an analyst also. That's what Tim Ryan is for.

Papa is a bandwagon analyst with a fake over the top TD schtick. The best thing I like about it is that he's on KNBR and talks a s**t load of Niners talk.

Papa isn't doing color commentary when he sets the stage as they walk up to the LOS and he quickly informs the listener of, say, defensive alignment and then after the play knows what Ryan is saying and can discuss it or elicit more details from him if necessary.

But okay, you don't like him...simple fix is don't listen.

I won't.

Smart move, no reason to listen to someone you don't like. But it is kinda funny the criticism of a Bay Area broadcasting legend like Papa getting from someone who quite recently didn't even know the difference between PBP and color.

TV doesn't need color. If he's on the radio as well, then I get it.

But still, he needs to do away with taking a s**t while chanting the TD. And the arm pumping also. It is obvious dude is trying to eventually get his schtick on the national news.

WTH are you even saying...TV doesn't need color? What do you think it is that Aikman, Spielman, Collinsworth, et al are doing on Sundays?

And "on the radio as well"??? Seems like you don't understand how any of this works...Papa is the RADIO play-by-play, he and Ryan were only on TV during the PRESEASON since most preseason games don't aren't televised by the major networks with their broadcast teams. And yeah, Papa's shtick is all so he can get on "national news".

Hilarious 49ers get one of the best NFL PBP guys around, he does a great job painting the word picture for the radio listener, but people get sand in it over the 2,3,4 times a game he makes a TD call.

It's still an all about me over the top TD call.

completely agree. dude is so annoying. sounds so forced.

Contrived by the diva PBP.

?
Originally posted by saniner:
This is too over the top for me, I prefer this:

Originally posted by NCommand:

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NCommand:

LOVE IT.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by saniner:
This is too over the top for me, I prefer this:

Zzzzzzzzzzzz...
calling TD's the same forced and annoying way every time.... this is gonna be a long season

I like Greg's calls other than when we score a TD. it's too long.
Joe Buck is the absolute worst, him and Chris Meyers

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Joe Buck is the absolute worst, him and Chris Meyers

Honestly wish Marv Albert called NFL games like he used to do with NBC in the 90's and CBS briefly years ago.
honestly have to mute the game when it's Al Michaels and Chris "Lost to the 9ers in 2 SBs" Collinsworth, hurts my ears
I'm starting to like it, but sometimes he extends the call too long lol.
Its growing on me like harbaughs "whooos got it" thing through year 1, probably because of the renewed excitement that is similar to that year as it progresses and we realize this team is for real. It will be an amazing thing to hear in the playoffs.

Next year, ill be hoping for a summed up version
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I'm starting to like it, but sometimes he extends the call too long lol.

it's way too long. sometimes I like short-concise but intense calls. like instead of calling out loud, dragging the end of it, "San Francisco", just say "Niners". easy fix. at least do it once in a while. mix it up based off the moment. dont make it routine for EVERY SINGLE TOUCHDOWN moment.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Sep 27, 2019 at 6:02 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone