There are 211 users in the forums

Anyone else have a bad feeling we will be selected for Hard Knocks next season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
we will be the first to do

I don't think so - If the NFL decides the Niners will help boost ratings, while increasing
the-bottom-line ... then rest be assured, the team will be featured on "Hard Knocks".

Owners pass 'Hard Knocks' rule at NFL Fall
"The league still will ask for volunteers. If one is not forthcoming, a team will be appointed. All organizations will be eligible with the
exception of those that have a first-year head coach; teams that have made the playoffs in at least one of the last two seasons; and
teams that have participated in the previous 10"

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
… my personal feeling is that HBO and the NFL have been chomping at the bit to have one of their premiere franchises on the show again. Apart from the Cowboys, none of the big ticket NFL teams have been on the show. No 49ers. No Patriots. No Steelers. No Packers. They never have the chance to force any of their elite franchises to participate, because they are typically safe from one of the exemption rules.

Anyone else think about this or feeling this way?

I agree, and it wouldn't surprise me at all … as the 49ers organisation, ticks all the boxes.
I also feel a trip "Across the Pond" could be in the works, if the schedule maker can make it happen.

Again, the franchise ticks all the boxes, to be considered for the International Series … add to the mix:
  • G MON€Y Factor
  • addition of another venue [Twickenham Stadium] to the games scheduled at Wembley in 2017, means
  • 8 teams (instead of 4 or 6) are now needed for the London Games Series
Originally posted by jrg:
Bad feeling? I'd LOVE it if we got picked.

I agree and honestly I think Shanahan and Lynch would welcome it considering we had our own version with much less production value lol.

This isn't Harbaugh/Baalke who felt you couldn't allow anything to get out there or you can't possibly win games.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
we will be the first to do

I don't think so - If the NFL decides the Niners will help boost ratings, while increasing
the-bottom-line ... then rest be assured, the team will be featured on "Hard Knocks".

"The league still will ask for volunteers. If one is not forthcoming, a team will be appointed. All organizations will be eligible with the
exception of those that have a first-year head coach; teams that have made the playoffs in at least one of the last two seasons; and

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
… my personal feeling is that HBO and the NFL have been chomping at the bit to have one of their premiere franchises on the show again. Apart from the Cowboys, none of the big ticket NFL teams have been on the show. No 49ers. No Patriots. No Steelers. No Packers. They never have the chance to force any of their elite franchises to participate, because they are typically safe from one of the exemption rules.

Anyone else think about this or feeling this way?

I agree, and it wouldn't surprise me at all … as the 49ers organisation, ticks all the boxes.
I also feel a trip "Across the Pond" could be in the works, if the schedule maker can make it happen.

Again, the franchise ticks all the boxes, to be considered for the International Series … add to the mix:
  • G MON€Y Factor
  • addition of another venue [Twickenham Stadium] to the games scheduled at Wembley in 2017, means
Maybe Lynch can have a handshake agreement to pass on us next year

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

I agree and honestly I think Shanahan and Lynch would welcome it considering we had our own version with much less production value lol.

This isn't Harbaugh/Baalke who felt you couldn't allow anything to get out there or you can't possibly win games.

I think it's a distraction but I agree I think both KS and Lynch would welcome it...maybe even pursue it.
Originally posted by jcs:
I think it's a distraction but I agree I think both KS and Lynch would welcome it...maybe even pursue it.

I think it's a distraction for teams like the Pats where they run things very tight to the vest and very strict. Lynch and Shanahan aren't letting guys get fuked up every weeknight but they seem to be embarrassing the openness and the fun part of football so I think you can do Hard Knocks and not completely fall apart as a result.
They invited peter king into their draft room so Im guessing ks and lynch would jump at a chance to have the show focus the niners.
God no unless the NFL forces Clevelabd to trade us Josh Gordon
We already have brick by brick...maybe that will help us escape this?

My money is on Denver Broncos

• G MON€Y Factor

• G MON€Y Factor

Hold out for Wembley not Twickenham or Tottenham. Last Wembley game was like a home game.
Yeah I think lynch would jump all over it...he loves showcasing SF, I mean how much has that dude been on talk shows/radio shows this yr lol? Other GMs never do stuff like he is.

I'd watch

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah I think lynch would jump all over it...he loves showcasing SF, I mean how much has that dude been on talk shows/radio shows this yr lol? Other GMs never do stuff like he is.

I'd watch

Come over to Wembley!
Originally posted by Niners99:
What do you think Brick by Brick was?

BbB was just longer versions of the videos we typically see at 49ers.com. Nothing like Hard Knocks.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
God no unless the NFL forces Clevelabd to trade us Josh Gordon

Josh Gordon can't come here. As much as I would love to have him. Legalized Weed. He would never get to play
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
They invited peter king into their draft room so Im guessing ks and lynch would jump at a chance to have the show focus the niners.

As a fan I'd love it. I'd love more info on my niners. As a coach, maybe not. You don't want to give more info out to the press and your opponents than you have to.

They created their own web shoe brick by brick, I think the 9ers want to be picked. Put it in stone, they will be the next hard knocks team
Share 49ersWebzone