Breaking49ers place wide receiver Marquise Goodwin on injured reserve, announce other roster moves

There are 198 users in the forums

Anyone else have a bad feeling we will be selected for Hard Knocks next season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Clubs aren't obligated to be on it, I believe. I don't think Lynch/Shanahan are chomping at the bit to do it.

They can be forced but it hasn't happened yet.
I think the league does better when the Niners do well and are popular. Roger will make Jed an offer he can't refuse.The NFL needs them.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jan 2, 2018 at 11:40 PM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Clubs aren't obligated to be on it, I believe. I don't think Lynch/Shanahan are chomping at the bit to do it.

Lynch said he doesn't want to do it
We're definitely gonna be on hard knocks.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I think the league does better when the Niners do well and are popular. Roger will make Jed an offer he can't refuse.The NFL needs them.

Do we do it if it allows us to get the 9th pick and coach the senior bowl?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Let us swap all picks with the Browns....then yes
s**t I hope so. I'll be watching
  • darum
  • Veteran
No team has ever been forced to be on hard knocks. Any team in the league can volunteer. The 49ers have said they don't want to be on the show.

Bottom line is the likelyhood of SF being on is very low.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
For the first time in a long time, our 49ers will not be exempt from being selected for the show. The exceptions are:

1. Teams that have appeared on Hard Knocks in the last 10 years.
2. Teams with new head coaches.
3. Teams that have made the playoffs in either of the last two years.

We are no longer exempt. As far as storylines go, we have them.

We now have a hotshot young franchise QB that is a big story in and of itself.

Then there is the storyline about a storied franchise and its attempt to regain its spot as the class of the league.

And we will have a high draft pick, ao we should theoretically be getting a top college athlete.

We have players that are characters, and be very entertaining to see on tv (Staley, Foster, etc.).

And above and beyond all that, my personal feeling is that HBO and thr NFL have been chomping at the bit to have one of their premiere franchises on the show again. Apart from the Cowboys, none of the big ticket NFL teams have been on the show. No 49ers. No Patriots. No Steelers. No Packers. They never have the chance to force any of their elite franchises to participate, because they are typically safe from one of the exemption rules.

Anyone else think about this or feeling this way?

Awe man, now you gone an done it, why'd you have to wake up the elephant in the room? JK-shhhhhhhh, maybe roger will walk away.
I'll be shocked if SF doesn't become the team to do the NFL hard knocks for next season. Ratings are down, and the 49ers needs hype to sell tickets. It would be a good move for ownership.

hasn't every team that's been on this show done awful the following season?
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Let us swap all picks with the Browns....then yes

Haha. I think Browns should do it. You got Mr Big Balls Dorsey in there, let them prove themselves to the NFL world that they will strive to be successful.
Originally posted by Hunter:
I'll be shocked if SF doesn't become the team to do the NFL hard knocks for next season. Ratings are down, and the 49ers needs hype to sell tickets. It would be a good move for ownership.

No it won't, we don't need no fake drama blowing up into a real drama
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Hunter:

No it won't, we don't need no fake drama blowing up into a real drama

The 49ers don't need the hype to sell tickets. I expect each home game to be nearly sold out.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
hasn't every team that's been on this show done awful the following season?

Every team that has done the show has missed the playoffs for at least the two previous seasons.

Put another way, sucking both leads to sucking, and leads to being forced to be on Hard Knocks.

I don't know where the meme originated that every team has *agreed* to do it. What do we mean by "agree"? That they volunteered? That they didn't barricade the doors? Those are two very different things.

Of the teams available the NFL will rightly always go with the best story line. Two years ago that was the Rams' move to LA. Last year that was a Bucs team that seemed on verge and invested major resources into electrifying the offense.

A 9ers team that won 6 of its last 7, has a young "offensive genius" head coach, the intrigue of JGQ as the next great QB (only further cemented by the major ESPN story about the pats) and the most camera friendly GM on the planet?

I put the chances of the 49ers not being on Hard Knocks next year at 0.0%, regardless of what John Lynch says.
Share 49erswebzone