There are 125 users in the forums

Let's talk Pass Rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by FL9er:
The same Corey Davis that hasn't been able to get on the field (hamstring)?

LMAO ANOTHER BUST!

We've got people in here clamoring for other busts. GTFO!
I miss the days that Stubby and BY consistently got to the QB. BY especially. Dude had like 90 sacks. One of the best DT/DE we've ever had.

Thought we were getting back to those days but I haven't seen much lately. DeFo looks solid, but he's no BY.

All the tape I've watched on Thomas and I thought he'd be a wrecking ball. Constantly in the backfield. Okay, it's his 3rd game...I'll give him more time.
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Where was Aaron Lynch? He was disruptive in the Seattle game but was a no-show against the Rams.

His production has gone downhill. Basically he's not the same player we used to have anymore, so we really have no one who can pass rush outside of our middle linebackers.

Come on man really we all know Lynch was dealing with different injuries in 2016
He has been playing he's out this week but would have rather had him 100 times over Thomas
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by FL9er:
The same Corey Davis that hasn't been able to get on the field (hamstring)?

LMAO ANOTHER BUST!

We've got people in here clamoring for other busts. GTFO!

A bust ? 2 games in to rookie year and he's a bust? This dude really??? Really?
Originally posted by Broseph6:

2 games; 2 years; 2 decades-- it makes no difference: A bust is a bust. If he's not making game-changing plays from day one, he's a certified bust.
Originally posted by Broseph6:

I think you're stating his point there exactly, bud.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Sep 23, 2017 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
I wanted Fournette for immediate impact given it was such a high pick, but I would have been happy with Trubisky too since we still don't have a FQB.

I just knew Solomon Thomas was the wrong pick from the get-go.. Everyone knew what the issue was and we were all forewarned about the "tweener" issue which is proving to be the case now.

I don't buy the argument that Lynch was worried about our run D as the brief was always to upgrade the pass rush. To date, we are still trying to play him as an EDGE.

It is not working out, is more than obvious.

Thomas is not like Foster who is a 1 and is working out great. Thomas is not even a starter and he is the No.3 overall pick in the draft?!

Not looking good my friend.

Only thing you can hope for is that with a real legit edge guy, Thomas becomes something else in a "NASCAR" package or merely playing on the inside on early downs.

Again we have to ask ourselves, how did Thomas go so high?

There has to be a legit reason because nobody questioned the pick in the national media.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think you're stating his point there exactly, bud.

You've got good starters and depth on this line with the exception of the LEO. Thomas/Carradine complement each other at the non-LEO DE; Buckner/Armstead at DT; Mitchell/Jones at NT. Dumervil and Lynch are not long-term solutions so draft and/or free agency will bring a new LEO. I know people don't like the thought of 1st round picks being rotation players, but it also is a risk having a guy like Buckner play so many snaps.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Only thing you can hope for is that with a real legit edge guy, Thomas becomes something else in a "NASCAR" package or merely playing on the inside on early downs.

There has to be a legit reason because nobody questioned the pick in the national media.

Well, that is what I am thinking too, may be get him to play DT.

I have no idea why Thomas went so high. But, to be totally fair to the media, they did bring up the tweener issue which is now proving to be the case.

I think at the college level, you could say he was a very solid player, but that just didn't translate onto the NFL level with bigger and faster players.

I think at the college level, you could say he was a very solid player, but that just didn't translate onto the NFL level with bigger and faster players.

He's a bust, just like your draft crush Leonard Fournette and his 40 rushing yards last week. He's simply too small, too slow, and too weak for NFL defenses.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 23, 2017 at 11:18 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's a bust, just like your draft crush Leonard Fournette and his 40 rushing yards last week. He's simply too small, too slow, and too weak for NFL defenses.

Sorry mate, Fournette is still ranked 6th in total rushing yards and the Jaguars are riding him.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I wanted Fournette for immediate impact given it was such a high pick, but I would have been happy with Trubisky too since we still don't have a FQB.

I just knew Solomon Thomas was the wrong pick from the get-go.. Everyone knew what the issue was and we were all forewarned about the "tweener" issue which is proving to be the case now.

I don't buy the argument that Lynch was worried about our run D as the brief was always to upgrade the pass rush. To date, we are still trying to play him as an EDGE.

It is not working out, is more than obvious.

Thomas is not like Foster who is a 1 and is working out great. Thomas is not even a starter and he is the No.3 overall pick in the draft?!

Not looking good my friend.

Because the media created the hype. There is always a player or two that they latch on to after the season and everyone starts to say ok ok and before you know it the player is a top 5 pick. Happens every year and that's what happened here. I didnt hear much about this guy during the season as a top pick last year then all of a sudden hes a number 2 pick (until the bears panicked) maybe im wrong
Originally posted by NCommand:
Let's talk pass rush?

This will be a short conversation.

Lol. That's the point!
Share 49erswebzone