we drafted thomas 3rd overall. He was suppose to be the answer. LMAO, webzone

He's not an LEO...
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

He's not an LEO...

Obviously not. But, Lynch and Shanahan didn't think about it at the time, did they? Guess not.

He's not an LEO...

but he was suppose to get to the quarterback, amirite?

He's not an LEO...

He should be doing more than he is for damn sure but give it more than 3 games man
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

He's not an LEO...

He should be doing more than he is for damn sure but give it more than 3 games man

As the saying goes "square peg in a round hole", bottom line, he is just the wrong guy for the job. If you say, tell him to put on weight and move him to DT to stuff the run, I reckon you may still be able to salvage something.
I was calling for Corey Davis forever had a bad feeling about this
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Broseph6:
I was calling for Corey Davis forever had a bad feeling about this

The same Corey Davis that hasn't been able to get on the field (hamstring)?
The issue is for some reason the team is not putting Aaron Lynch and Elvis Dumervil on the field. Both players played only 15% of snaps. Dumervil had a sack but it was called back by a PI. Lynch could get to the qb, but for some reason is in the dog house.

Arik Armstead and Solomon Thomas where suppoed to be the pass rushers, yet deforest buckner is the only one i see winning his match ups to get to the qb.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The issue is for some reason the team is not putting Aaron Lynch and Elvis Dumervil on the field. Both players played only 15% of snaps. Dumervil had a sack but it was called back by a PI. Lynch could get to the qb, but for some reason is in the dog house.

Arik Armstead and Solomon Thomas where suppoed to be the pass rushers, yet deforest buckner is the only one i see winning his match ups to get to the qb.

We may not be playing our best players.

We may, in fact, be trying to build a franchise, and therefore, playing people who embody who we want to become.

Culture > Wins?
Originally posted by 9erred:

That's not true...AA is consistently in the backfield. The problem is when he is, nobody else is there and it's not hard to run away from a 6'7" lumbering rusher.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 23, 2017 at 7:19 AM ]

I feel Saleh is in bizarre o world. He talks about an attacking d and speed and then he plays 4 run stuffers. How do you go from the ideal Leo is Khali Mack, Donate Fowler, Vic Beasley then settle on AA? I know it's a multi year rebuild, they want to stop the run but still I'd like to see them at least trying their d. Lynch could work at Leo or as a Frank Clark. Let's see Pita as a rotational rusher.
Just keep taking DEs with the first pick every year until you find a guy who can get to the QB, the tried and true method of the blind squirrel.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Just keep taking DEs with the first pick every year until you find a guy who can get to the QB, the tried and true method of the blind squirrel.

Eventually Detroit found Calvin. The blind squirrel finds the nut eventually. We may not have anything else but we'll get that pass rusher.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Where was Aaron Lynch? He was disruptive in the Seattle game but was a no-show against the Rams.

His production has gone downhill. Basically he's not the same player we used to have anymore, so we really have no one who can pass rush outside of our middle linebackers.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

He's not an LEO...

Obviously not. But, Lynch and Shanahan didn't think about it at the time, did they? Guess not.

Lynch and Shanahan were not thinking short term with the selection, they were thinking long term.
Share 49ersWebzone