LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Let's talk Pass Rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by acrownlessking:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
They drafted the great soloman thomas!!! You mean to tell me that they're still having pass rush issues despite drafting this scrub?

I tried warning you guys... lol then again im riding that train with Rascal until he jumps off. I wanted Fournette and i think overall our team would be fairing better with him , at least putting up more points.

OH WELL!

We currently have the #3 Rusher in the league and are 0-3. I really doubt Fournette and his 3.5 YPC would have helped us one bit over Hyde right now.
Originally posted by jcs:
Saleh needs to dial up some pass rush with the blitz for once or risk giving Palmer all day to complete passed deep down field.

This. The defense is super vanilla. Every time they blitz it's telegraphed and right ip the middle.
Is Arden Key from LSU any good? He was rated as one of the top college football prospects before this season but he's not being talked about nearly as much as Myles Garrett (at least on this forum)
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Who do you see out of college that stands out.
Saw an NFL article citing this as a real issue .

http://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Defensive-Ends-2018-Draft.asp

Don't know if any of these guys are any good. I don't watch much college football.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Is Arden Key from LSU any good? He was rated as one of the top college football prospects before this season but he's not being talked about nearly as much as Myles Garrett (at least on this forum)

Excellent prospect, but not off the start many people envisioned for him.

He's not in the same universe as a Myles Garrett as a prospect. Nobody in next year's draft is.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

He's not in the same universe as a Myles Garrett as a prospect. Nobody in next year's draft is.

I just looked up Bradley Chubb since he was mentioned on the 49ers subreddit. Apparently he's got 16 sacks in the last 365 days (15 games). If we trade down in the first round, might be worth a consideration.

But all I see is numbers so someone can tell me he's not good if he isn't.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Sep 30, 2017 at 8:57 PM ]
Chubb is a beast, but I don't know if he's the type of character Lynch and co are looking for. He went out of his way last weekend after the game and ran to the center of the field to spit on the FSU logo.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 30, 2017 at 8:59 PM ]
Chubb is also someone I see as a big end in our defense, which is not a need. I could be wrong
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Sep 30, 2017 at 9:02 PM ]
Chubb is a beast, but I don't know if he's the type of character Lynch and co are looking for. He went out of his way last weekend after the game and ran to the center of the field to spit on the FSU logo.

Sounds like a f**kin maniac. Exactly what you want out of the guy who's job is to get the qb
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Sounds like a f**kin maniac. Exactly what you want out of the guy who's job is to get the qb

The best pass rushers do have loose screws.

Yeah lol. You forget Lynch played with Sapp who fell in the draft due to his own character concerns?

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 30, 2017 at 10:17 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yeah lol. You forget Lynch played with Sapp who fell in the draft due to his own character concerns?

Oh yea good point. They also were one of only two teams who were willing to take Foster in the first round. There were all these character concerns, but must've been cuz he was surrounded by some bad influences. Because he seems like such a great guy.
Originally posted by acrownlessking:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
They drafted the great soloman thomas!!! You mean to tell me that they're still having pass rush issues despite drafting this scrub?

I tried warning you guys... lol then again im riding that train with Rascal until he jumps off. I wanted Fournette and i think overall our team would be fairing better with him , at least putting up more points.

OH WELL!

yea, when soloman "bust" thomas was drafted, most of these people on here were so happy like little school girls... it was embarrassing. I saw this trainwreck in April.

good thing the 49ers beat the rams in a meaningless football game last december. They pretty much kissed myles garrett goodbye....
Share 49ersWebzone