There are 170 users in the forums

Let's talk Pass Rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
we need Andre Carter and Julian Peterson back ...we have no pure edge rushers

Julian Peterson...he may have been the least effective edge rusher ever when we went to a 3-4. It was cringe-worthy.

But your point is still valid!

Hm...Manny Lawson might be in the running for that too lol.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Julian Peterson...he may have been the least effective edge rusher ever when we went to a 3-4. It was cringe-worthy.

speaking of death and destruction. never understood the love for that guy jim maxwell was better
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Oh man...I hated that guy...wanted Brooks so badly to take his spot. It felt like it took forever.

Peterson was used more as a coverage piece during his time with San Fran. He was used quite a bit as a edge rusher in college in somewhat of a 3-4 hybrid scheme. Once he signed with Seattle they used him less in coverage and dropped him down to defensive end on pass rushing downs, he had 19 1/2 sacks as a result his first two seasons. He was actually very underrated as an edge rusher.

You have to remember when Nolan came in and changed the defense to a 3-4, Peterson was coming off of an acl tear and that would be his last season with the team.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 28, 2017 at 11:08 AM ]
So excited, can't wait to see the PFF Best Pass Rush EVER Based On Pessures does against a statue QB with a MASH unit OL.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Peterson was used more as a coverage piece during his time with San Fran. He was used quite a bit as a edge rusher in college in somewhat of a 3-4 hybrid scheme. Once he signed with Seattle they used him less in coverage and dropped him down to defensive end on pass rushing downs, he had 19 1/2 sacks as a result his first two seasons. He was actually very underrated as an edge rusher.

You have to remember when Nolan came in and changed the defense to a 3-4, Peterson was coming off of an acl tear and that would be his last season with the team.

Yeah, for an OLB in the 4-3 Peterson had legit edge rush ability. It was so sad seeing him tear his achilles. It was on an edge rush, wasn't it?

Yeah, for an OLB in the 4-3 Peterson had legit edge rush ability. It was so sad seeing him tear his achilles. It was on an edge rush, wasn't it?

Yeah it was his left Achilles not his ACL. That was a typo on my part, thanks for that NC. I always type acl for some reason when I mean to type Achilles. He was in pursuit of Josh McCown when it happened.

Dude was a freakish athlete. Boxing like handwork, quick first step, great coverage player. He was Anthony Barr before there was an Anthony Barr.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 28, 2017 at 6:57 PM ]
Yeah it was his left Achilles not his ACL. That was a typo on my part, thanks for that NC. I always type acl for some reason when I mean to type Achilles. He was in pursuit of Josh McCown when it happened.

Dude was a freakish athlete. Boxing like handwork, quick first step, great coverage player. He was Anthony Barr before there was an Anthony Barr.

I agree, dude was a special player indeed. Yeah I only remember because I still have the image in my head.

Another great player lost to injury.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
People are hyping up Harold Landry in the war room. We might get him. I think this team will suck enough to get into the top 10, but not suck hard enough to get a top 3 QB.

I dunno man, I see us sucking enough to be in top three. We don't have enough consistency at the QB spot to beat teams right now. Our defense can only stop offenses for short bursts. It's not lookin good on the schedule and we are supposed to be having an easy schedule.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
You don't lose that way when you're tanking. I am not saying they won't tank, but that game last night was not indicative of a tanking team.

I think Hoyer really just made a terrible, terrible throw.

Hoyer set the tone for the big L. He sucks.

They drafted the great soloman thomas!!! You mean to tell me that they're still having pass rush issues despite drafting this scrub?
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Sep 29, 2017 at 2:04 AM ]
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Originally posted by Polkadots:
You don't lose that way when you're tanking. I am not saying they won't tank, but that game last night was not indicative of a tanking team.

I think Hoyer really just made a terrible, terrible throw.

Hoyer set the tone for the big L. He sucks.

I just hope Hoyer gets his wits about him before the first couple plays are done. Another 1st play of the game pass to the CB who takes it to the 5 yd line is not what we want to start the game. True he came back well, but we just can't start like that again.

great comparison we need talent like that on our defense
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Saleh needs to dial up some pass rush with the blitz for once or risk giving Palmer all day to complete passed deep down field.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
They drafted the great soloman thomas!!! You mean to tell me that they're still having pass rush issues despite drafting this scrub?

I tried warning you guys... lol then again im riding that train with Rascal until he jumps off. I wanted Fournette and i think overall our team would be fairing better with him , at least putting up more points.

OH WELL!
Share 49erswebzone