Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I really doubt Beathard will be our savior lol

So who will it be?

Kirk Cousins next season

Why, Because the NFL network said so?
Because Cousins said so

What did he say?

there has been multiple reports of him saying he would be a 49er in 2018 or how he wants to play for the niners. They were sources but Kirk has never denied it. But like someone brought up, it could of been his agent putting things out to gain leverage for a bigger contract. but i think he and Shannahan truly built a bond in their time in Washington. He knows Shannahan's system is his best fit
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by bvc49:

So who will it be?

Kirk Cousins next season

Because Cousins said so

What did he say?

there has been multiple reports of him saying he would be a 49er in 2018 or how he wants to play for the niners. They were sources but Kirk has never denied it. But like someone brought up, it could of been his agent putting things out to gain leverage for a bigger contract. but i think he and Shannahan truly built a bond in their time in Washington. He knows Shannahan's system is his best fit

The Deadskins franchise tagged Cousins this year, and I don't see any reason for them not to franchise him again next year if they can't come to an agreement. I'm not saying the *will* franchise tag him, but saying that they *can* if they wanted to. So from that point of view, you can't base the offseason on what somebody else is going to do, you have to game plan on what *you* can do. What they can do is draft a good quality QB in this years 2018 QB derby and hope that BeatHard is ready next year to take over Hoyer if Hoyer is still stinking up the joint.

However, I am still holding out hope that Hoyer (once his O LIne gives him more time and he develops confidence in his O line) he'll perform better as a QB.
Originally posted by Giedi:
The Deadskins franchise tagged Cousins this year, and I don't see any reason for them not to franchise him again next year if they can't come to an agreement. I'm not saying the *will* franchise tag him, but saying that they *can* if they wanted to. So from that point of view, you can't base the offseason on what somebody else is going to do, you have to game plan on what *you* can do. What they can do is draft a good quality QB in this years 2018 QB derby and hope that BeatHard is ready next year to take over Hoyer if Hoyer is still stinking up the joint.

However, I am still holding out hope that Hoyer (once his O LIne gives him more time and he develops confidence in his O line) he'll perform better as a QB.

I am glad you are still hopeful Hoyer will perform better. On Sunday there were times that the O-line gave him enough protection but he was so immobile and hesitant that he wasted the possession.

I will keep the faith but to be honest it is more my belief in Kyle than in Hoyer.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by bvc49:

So who will it be?

Kirk Cousins next season

Because Cousins said so

What did he say?

Franchising KC next year would be the 3rd time in a row and the cost to do it a 3rd time is supposed to be a crazy amount. enough to probably not franchise him

The FA offseason starts before the draft so there is time to game plan moves for a month
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ashelbash:

I am glad you are still hopeful Hoyer will perform better. On Sunday there were times that the O-line gave him enough protection but he was so immobile and hesitant that he wasted the possession.

I will keep the faith but to be honest it is more my belief in Kyle than in Hoyer.

The offense was horrible last season, and while a lot of players have been replaced, the mindset and attitude hasn't. Hoyer himself has been in and out of teams his whole career. The problem with the WCO is it's notorious for starting very slow during the season, but as the season wears on, it gets faster and faster (barring any injuries) and by the end of the season, it's practically unstoppable if you have most of the pieces in place. I predicted no real improvement until probably halfway to the end of the season, and I'm already seeing improvement - the two Goodwin dropped passes - if completed would have changed both games to possible wins. Having said that, we do need more talent on offense to win more consistently. If Goodwin can't do it, get the other speedsters involved and give them a chance. What good is speed if you can't catch the ball.
I'm hoping Hoyer can start playing better because starting CJ is bad for this offense.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I'm hoping Hoyer can start playing better because starting CJ is bad for this offense.

We can always sign a free agent.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Franchising KC next year would be the 3rd time in a row and the cost to do it a 3rd time is supposed to be a crazy amount. enough to probably not franchise him

The FA offseason starts before the draft so there is time to game plan moves for a month

Absolutely, and the will have more time this next cycle. Having said that, what I've seen from BeatHard, I think he has the physical talent to be the QB of the future, but the more important question is does he have the software to do so? The Joe Montana touch pass to the back of the endzone to Clark for example, was what the great ones have. That genius instinct to thread the impossible pass and win the game. Wheather BeatHard has those types of intangibles, we won't know until he's put in a position to win the game and the D Linemen are bearing down on him and he has to throw off his back foot to Garcon in the back of the endzone. We shall see.
Even if we have plans on signing cousins next offseason, CJ should start playing after the midpoint of the season. We have to know if we need to spend another mid round draft choice on a QB. We have to know if he has it upstairs.
Cousins is not worth the 20 millions a year. I am not interested in him. I prefer to Bree better than Cousins. We will draft the top quartback in next summer. Can't wait next summer.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

We can always sign a free agent.

maybe they should signed cutler in looking back. seems to me , all the good options are off the table. we will be stuck for this year
THE TIMES

SPARTS

49ers beaten hard with Beathard vs Colts
23-3
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JBrack:
He is a career backup imo. I dont see the necessary arm strength to make all of the throws consistently in traffic.

He is a dinker and dunker...

that would be terrible for a west coast offense.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

hows that? please tell me a reason why Kyle drafted him to be bad for his offense? tell me something kyle doesnt know.
[ Edited by fan49 on Sep 20, 2017 at 11:26 AM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Cousins is not worth the 20 millions a year. I am not interested in him. I prefer to Bree better than Cousins. We will draft the top quartback in next summer. Can't wait next summer.

even if so, we need someone to play while they groom him
Share 49ersWebzone