There are 163 users in the forums

2017 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
DE/ pass-rush.

No question...about 3 to 4 of them.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
His arrest is a blessing in terms of the team and actually for his own personal life as well. Stop messing with these bimbo's who probably only got with you for the money

He hit her so she's a bimbo? Typical Smoke, no substance.

Didn't think I'd be taken so literal. My apologies cause I am a gentleman and carry myself with class in real life.
You know what I think about a lot of these cases....no excuses, the guy acted in the worst way ever and should be punished greatly.
With that being said, I think in those same cases the woman was responsible either on that very day, or for a considerable amount of a time frame was driven to eventually get a reaction of the man to physically do something. Perhaps a lesson for both parties.

I can't tell you how much it disappoints me seeing women get with guys for the money and those very same guys being purposely delusional/naive for personal feel good purposes like a medal for themselves or for the sex life. Those very same women being purposely delusional and naive as well for the money, then next thing you know they have to kids with someone they're not happy with and get the ultimately definition of a rock in a hard place. Just my opinion, but usually they never end well cause they were never meant to be together to begin with. Real ish
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 9, 2017 at 3:38 PM ]
Tried to cover a lot of needs in it, lmk what you think in the thread itself. Thanks!
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/mock-drafts/188572-49erinthemidwests-mock-draft/
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Tried to cover a lot of needs in it, lmk what you think in the thread itself. Thanks!
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/mock-drafts/188572-49erinthemidwests-mock-draft/

You absolutely filled out some critical needs. Thomas adds some legit interior pass rush and even more flexibility for our DL, Rivers has the type of "get off" that Saleh loves (huge requirement esp. in this defense), Peterman is the most pro-ready QB in the draft and has a chance to become Cousins 2.0 under Kyle, Saleh loves those long physical CB's so Douglas is a great pick there...added some SAM help with Harris and depth/ST with Smithson and gave Kyle some more weapons and building blocks with Mack, Levin, Hikutini and Hogan (great find). You have a great feel for the team needs and system-fits for both Shanahan and Saleh.
NCommand, this is what you asked for.

Harris - 1yr $665K, $615K base and $50K in bonuses(not sure what kind yet), his base is actually $775K, but it's a veteran minimum salary benefit deal.

Hightower - 1yr $1.107M, $825K base($150K GTD), $150K signing bonus, $100K week 1 Roster Bonus, $32K Workout bonus.

Updated cap room I have, $74,076,743, while the NFLPA site has them at $73,944,752, so I'm over by $131,991 in extra cap room.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Harris - 1yr $665K, $615K base and $50K in bonuses(not sure what kind yet), his base is actually $775K, but it's a veteran minimum salary benefit deal.

Hightower - 1yr $1.107M, $825K base($150K GTD), $150K signing bonus, $100K week 1 Roster Bonus, $32K Workout bonus.

Updated cap room I have, $74,076,743, while the NFLPA site has them at $73,944,752, so I'm over by $131,991 in extra cap room.

Anyone else pulling for Harris to be that receiving RB demon coming in fresh to rotate after Hyde&Hightower and the rest of the crew are putting together some solid longer drives. Back to the basics with a mesh of the unknown future! I think Mike Davis can look pretty solid in this outside zone as well...gonna have to beat out Hightower and the rookie.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 16, 2017 at 11:44 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Updated. Thank you AB...that was the last of them.
Director of Pro Personnel - Mike Williams

When did this dude rejoin us?
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 17, 2017 at 8:23 AM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

5 years ago, C'mon man.....
Originally posted by FL9er:

5 years ago, C'mon man.....

LOL! I just thought we canned him with the new FO structure:

http://www.49ers.com/team/coaches/Mike-Williams/7f4091e9-a1f9-40a2-a7fd-1a13d88464ed

Mike Williams

Mike Williams is in his third season as director of pro personnel with the 49ers, after spending the 2012 season as a pro personnel scout with the team. In his current role, he monitors all NFL rosters, and those of all other professional football leagues, with emphasis on scouting talent of upcoming pro free agents. Williams is responsible for maintaining continuous depth on the 49ers roster.

Williams re-joined the 49ers in 2012 after spending the previous three seasons with the St. Louis Rams. As the Rams vice president of player personnel, he was responsible for managing the pro scouting department, evaluating draft eligible prospects and helping to evaluate and manage the Rams roster.

Prior to joining the Rams, Williams spent nine seasons (2000-08) with the 49ers in various roles. He served as the assistant director of pro personnel during his last four years with the team, with responsibilities that included advance scouting, evaluating free agents, setting up free agent workouts and tracking NFL rosters and depth charts. Williams originally joined the 49ers in 1999 as a volunteer in the personnel department, and later became a full-time personnel assistant in 2000.

Williams was the defensive coordinator at De Anza College in Cupertino, CA, in 1998, after serving one season as the linebackers coach at Southern Utah, in 1997. Prior to Southern Utah, Williams was the defensive coordinator at St. Lawrence High School in Santa Clara, CA.

A native of Santa Ana, CA, Williams earned his bachelor's degree in economics from Santa Clara University in 1989, where he was a four-year starter at safety for the Broncos. He attended Mater Dei High School where he played football, basketball and participated in track. Williams and his wife, Holly, have two daughters, Emily Angeline and Catherine Anne.

DE/ pass-rush.

I think that is our greatest need.
If we would take 3 of them this draft I'd be fine with it.
You can't have to many guys hittin the opposing qb's

Seems like that is what won it for the Seahawks and the broncos..
Constant QB pressure
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
DE/ pass-rush.

Constant QB pressure

No question about it!
DE/ pass-rush.

Constant QB pressure

No question about it!

Well only reason they had three, at one point, for a short window is cause they had a proven guy in Von. Ware came for a SB push and with the signing gave time for Shane Ray to be ready. I think taking two quality pass rushers is more than good. If Brooks shows out in TC we can extend a year, maybe two(low guaranteed). Still gotta see what we have in Harold and Carradine once and for all as well. There's also Watson in the mix.
DE/ pass-rush.

Constant QB pressure

No question about it!

Well only reason they had three, at one point, for a short window is cause they had a proven guy in Von. Ware came for a SB push and with the signing gave time for Shane Ray to be ready. I think taking two quality pass rushers is more than good. If Brooks shows out in TC we can extend a year, maybe two(low guaranteed). Still gotta see what we have in Harold and Carradine once and for all as well. There's also Watson in the mix.

Yeah, two would be terrific.
DE/ pass-rush.

Constant QB pressure

No question about it!

Yeah, two would be terrific.

Everyone's favorite Lynch as well.
Share 49ersWebzone