LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 482 users in the forums

So our only deep threat is on the trade market.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Looks like the FO has gone to full blown rebuilding mode. Doesn't look good for Kelly nor Kaepernick.

Chip's not going to be happy, and if he isn't even given a heads up, as he clearly wasn't with Staley, they don't care. He's not in the plans. Good way to get him to quit.

I'm thinking Baalke is the survivor once again. He'll be the one taking the calls, so he's the one making these decisions.

This sounds like a very plausible explanation of what could be going on. It is scary to be a fan of this team. We are investing hope into something that just appears to be so hopeless. I'll always love the Niners but my interest on sundays is probably going to keep taking a hit until real change is happening.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
The media will spin this to bash Chip Kelly, as Smtih being this year's DeSean Jackson.... Chip trading away another talent that will excel on another team...

which will most likely be the case though.

unless Chip asked for this.

Torrey has been getting open deep for TDs....what more does Chip want from one of his recievers?

I don't believe Chip was behind this.. but at this point I just don't really know what to think..
Relax guys, we are just reloading his badass team.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Giving away talent and letting it walk.

What in the actual f**k is going on here?

All about the Benjamins
And here i thought the return of Kap was going to for sure catapult his career to HOF status?
While i don't mind the fire sale since we do suck and we aren't doing s**t this season - I'm sure York and Baalke will f it up somehow or already pissed off Chip by not keeping him involved properly etc.

Plus if baalke is selecting all these draft picks again what optimism should I even have?
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
He's not really a threat if nobody throws to him... he's just a guy hanging out down field watching our QB's throw passes short of the sticks.
[ Edited by Jasta on Oct 24, 2016 at 9:34 PM ]
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Yes and no. We will have vet TEs and RBs who can catch the ball. A vet WR at this point is a bonus. I'd draft a stud WR who will be in red and gold for the next ten years.

Really? We have vet TE's and RB's that can consistently catch the ball? What team have u been watching the past couple years. Our TE's and backs are constantly dropping passes and have some of the lowest production in the NFL. ?!
lol did someone really post "jordan matthews". bwahahaha. keep dreaming. the eagles are sending back chip his hand-picked trash nelson agholor, who has been terrible after being picked in the 1st round.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 24, 2016 at 9:54 PM ]
Originally posted by HerbalT:
Yes and no. We will have vet TEs and RBs who can catch the ball. A vet WR at this point is a bonus. I'd draft a stud WR who will be in red and gold for the next ten years.

Really? We have vet TE's and RB's that can consistently catch the ball? What team have u been watching the past couple years. Our TE's and backs are constantly dropping passes and have some of the lowest production in the NFL. ?!

I'll say our TEs are more productive than our WRs or as productive. Draughn and harris are decent catching the ball. Kerley is our most productive WR by far right now.

I'll say our TEs are more productive than our WRs or as productive. Draughn and harris are decent catching the ball. Kerley is our most productive WR by far right now.

Kerley was productive largely as a result of Gabbert force-feeding him the ball because he struggles to throw beyond 15 yards. Before that Kerley was on the verge of being cut by Detroit. He's hardly a gamechanger.
So the thinking is, we have a legit deep threat but s**tty QB's who can't hit him so we keep the s**tty QB's and trade away the deep threat.

Originally posted by Zealot:
So the thinking is, we have a legit deep threat but s**tty QB's who can't hit him so we keep the s**tty QB's and trade away the deep threat.

or maybe since we have s**tty QB's, there is no point of keeping good talents without using them. Trade them and make some more $$ for Jed's pocket while rebuild the team and use that excuse to buy more time from the fans.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Gonna get a 5th rounder in return.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by KayFabe:
What other WRs?
We got Jack and **** and Jack is about to get traded.

Why didn't we go complete rebuild prior to 2015 or 2016?

Smelter, Burbidge whatever other trash WR's we kept instead of keeping some of the defensive "talent" that got cut this off-season.

I agree, I'm not sure why they didn't complete rebuild this past offseason. We had a lot of picks, maybe Baalke thought the roster was better than it was.

A complete rebuild was the obvious direction to go in for the past two offseasons, I think if they haven't committed to a rebuild by now they will never commit to a rebuild.

Two consecutive 1st round d-line tackles (AA picked #17 in 2015 and DFro picked #4 in 2016) and the f**king d-line getting pushed around like high school players. Can't draft, can't coach, and now you're trading away only proven players you have. What sense does this make?

He has zero creativity. Redrafting positions over and over again and then using the tired BPA excuse.

BPA is an easy excuse to not have to target guys for specific positions and be wrong.

This, so much this! BPA is such a copout.
Share 49ersWebzone