LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 148 users in the forums

So our only deep threat is on the trade market.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For years we asked for someone to stretch the field... we finally get a guy.... he does his part and gets open deep for big plays...and now we try to trade him. smh.

We have Cap room...what the f**k is the reason to trade our vets? if we bring in a rookie QB...he is coming into a horrible situation.

and of course I'm exoecting the same negative Nancys to come in this thread and bash the guy...just because that is what yall do.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
For years we asked for someone to stretch the field... we finally get a guy.... he does his part and gets open deep for big plays...and now we try to trade him. smh.

We have Cap room...what the f**k is the reason to trade our vets? if we bring in a rookie QB...he is coming into a horrible situation.

and of course I'm exoecting the same negative Nancys to come in this thread and bash the guy...just because that is what yall do.

Marathe Moneyball
Chip Kelly. He's got to overhaul the roster. If he did with a good team imagine what he wants to do here.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
What threat?
He doesn't fit the scheme, wasn't streater catching bombs from carr?

Just draft any track star to do what torrey did, run straight and get underthrown by gab or overthrown by kap
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
He doesn't fit the scheme, wasn't streater catching bombs from carr?

Just draft any track star to do what torrey did, run straight and get underthrown by gab or overthrown by kap

lol. Every year you have speedsters that dont amount to anything because they lack the necessary skill. Torrey isnt even that fast but he knows how to get open down the field consistently.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
lol. Every year you have speedsters that dont amount to anything because they lack the necessary skill. Torrey isnt even that fast but he knows how to get open down the field consistently.

Well they all seem to do well for Pittsburgh

Totally Agee.no reason at all to do this. This organization is an embarrassment
For years we asked for someone to stretch the field ... we finally get a guy ...
I understand your feelings -- somewhat -- but to date, it's not working consistently
enough with The Niners. The season is basically over, so why not trade him (NOW)
to The Eagles, or whomever?

He's from the East Coast ... therefore, he gets to go back home (kinda'), and Philly,
at the moment is in The Playoff Hunt (currently 6th seed). Wentz, may get figured out
during his sophomore run ... maybe not. As of now, he's Ballin'.

Sounds like a Win-Win, for both teams ??? Of course, we won't really know this for
sure, until the deal is done, and the details are revealed.
I wouldn't mind getting rid of Torrey. You're right we needed him 2-3 years ago. Well that was years ago. Now he's our top paid guy averaging 2 catches a game. I could find a hobo off the street who can do that.

Get rid of his contract, pay a real #1 and use that draft pick for a receiver opposite of him.

Jordan Matthews!
Giving away talent and letting it walk.

What in the actual f**k is going on here?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I wouldn't mind getting rid of Torrey. You're right we needed him 2-3 years ago. Well that was years ago. Now he's our top paid guy averaging 2 catches a game. I could find a hobo off the street who can do that.

Get rid of his contract, pay a real #1 and use that draft pick for a receiver opposite of him.

Why not keep Smith, pay a real #1 and pick another receiver in the draft?
Could've really used him during the Harbaugh years.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Giving away talent and letting it walk.

What in the actual f**k is going on here?

It's a definite sign baalke isn't going anywhere, if he's allowed to further destroy the team. Granted, Torrey hasn't done s**t, if it's the QB's fault or not, its a waste of money. Get rid of him, play all our other WR's more and see what we got before we do a complete rebuild.
Share 49ersWebzone