LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 162 users in the forums

So our only deep threat is on the trade market.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
lol. Every year you have speedsters that dont amount to anything because they lack the necessary skill. Torrey isnt even that fast but he knows how to get open down the field consistently.

Well they all seem to do well for Pittsburgh

That might have something to do with stability at the QB and RB position.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No dollar will be over spent. #Cap$avings
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Why not keep Smith, pay a real #1 and pick another receiver in the draft?

One would think that would be the plan, but no, common sense isnt common. Get his contract off the books, and add that to the umpteen millions we have already that wont be spent.
Originally posted by KayFabe:
What other WRs?
We got Jack and **** and Jack is about to get traded.

Why didn't we go complete rebuild prior to 2015 or 2016?

Smelter, Burbidge whatever other trash WR's we kept instead of keeping some of the defensive "talent" that got cut this off-season.

I agree, I'm not sure why they didn't complete rebuild this past offseason. We had a lot of picks, maybe Baalke thought the roster was better than it was.

A complete rebuild was the obvious direction to go in for the past two offseasons, I think if they haven't committed to a rebuild by now they will never commit to a rebuild.
Originally posted by susweel:
No dollar will be over spent. #Cap$avings

We save with class too.
What other WRs?

Smelter, Burbidge whatever other trash WR's we kept instead of keeping some of the defensive "talent" that got cut this off-season.

I agree, I'm not sure why they didn't complete rebuild this past offseason. We had a lot of picks, maybe Baalke thought the roster was better than it was.

A complete rebuild was the obvious direction to go in for the past two offseasons, I think if they haven't committed to a rebuild by now they will never commit to a rebuild.

Two consecutive 1st round d-line tackles (AA picked #17 in 2015 and DFro picked #4 in 2016) and the f**king d-line getting pushed around like high school players. Can't draft, can't coach, and now you're trading away only proven players you have. What sense does this make?
Originally posted by father49er:
What other WRs?

Two consecutive 1st round d-line tackles (AA picked #17 in 2015 and DFro picked #4 in 2016) and the f**king d-line getting pushed around like high school players. Can't draft, can't coach, and now you're trading away only proven players you have. What sense does this make?

He has zero creativity. Redrafting positions over and over again and then using the tired BPA excuse.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Because some think its all about speed when in reality it takes skill in addition to being fast. Plenty of guys with 4.35 speed that dont amount to anything.

Torrey might be limited to being a deep threat but he is one of the best in the NFL at it.

Meanwhile there is no guarantee that they find a true #1 type in free agency and in the end they might be even worse off at the position as a result. Perfect environment to develop a young QB in.

First off no guarantee we take the young qb route. We can go Garrett and a vet qb. Or trade for Bridgewater too. Don't get saddled looking at 1 avenue.

You can't get worse than 2 catches a game for a #1 receiver. I don't know how you can say people look at 40 times when discussing the the removal of a deep threat. I'm trying to get away from that guy who can only run fast. Bring me someone who can run the entire route tree.

If you have a deep ball qb Torrey is a great #2 receiver but if he's not fitting Kelly's long term plans those 2 catches aren't that hard to replace.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
For years we asked for someone to stretch the field... we finally get a guy.... he does his part and gets open deep for big plays...and now we try to trade him. smh.

We have Cap room...what the f**k is the reason to trade our vets? if we bring in a rookie QB...he is coming into a horrible situation.

and of course I'm exoecting the same negative Nancys to come in this thread and bash the guy...just because that is what yall do.

we'll never get a qb who can get him the ball
Originally posted by father49er:
What other WRs?

He has zero creativity. Redrafting positions over and over again and then using the tired BPA excuse.

BPA is an easy excuse to not have to target guys for specific positions and be wrong.

Looks like the FO has gone to full blown rebuilding mode. Doesn't look good for Kelly nor Kaepernick.

Chip's not going to be happy, and if he isn't even given a heads up, as he clearly wasn't with Staley, they don't care. He's not in the plans. Good way to get him to quit.

I'm thinking Baalke is the survivor once again. He'll be the one taking the calls and doing the negotiating, so he's the one making these decisions.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Oct 24, 2016 at 8:47 PM ]
Another failure by Baalke.
I agree with Afrikan. Torrey is the only deep threat we have and if this offense is unbearably hard to watch now just wait til we trade him.

What exactly is the point if trading him? Is his value high? Cap space is not an issue
I don't think there's any harm in seeing what's out there and see if you can get a better system fit.

Let's wait and see the deal before we trip .
The media will spin this to bash Chip Kelly, as Smtih being this year's DeSean Jackson.... Chip trading away another talent that will excel on another team...

which will most likely be the case though.

unless Chip asked for this.

Torrey has been getting open deep for TDs....what more does Chip want from one of his recievers?
Share 49ersWebzone