LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 328 users in the forums

49ers Week 3 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Same old same old, no receiving threats on offense, no pass rushers on defense. What bothers me is that for all the talk about wanting to build inside out, this team can neither run the ball nor stop the run. During the Nolan/Sing years, we pretty much had the same exact issues, except we could run and stop the run. As bad as we were back then, at least that roster had a blue collar identity which ended up being the foundation of our contending years.

I don't see the same glimmer of hope yet for this roster. We're just getting crushed in all phases. Maybe this team just needs to build up an identity against weaker teams. Scheduling obviously did us no favors the past two weeks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Is it wrong that the only time I got excited all game was when harold injured Wilson ?
Originally posted by susweel:
Is it wrong that the only time I got excited all game was when harold injured Wilson ?

i questioned that myself...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

nope. t'was the only bright spot. Unless u count Hyde's garbage time TDs/Celebrations.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

nope. t'was the only bright spot. Unless u count Hyde's garbage time TDs/Celebrations.

that was unnecessary...please stop all celebration at the end of the game when your down by 30 pts...

Yes, but I forgive you even though you just made me realize that's the first time this season I haven't felt sorry for a player getting hurt.
Shame on us.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

srsly f**k that team they purposely injured Ian Williams back in the day on dirty play, and also a cheap shot on Delanie Walker broke his jaw.
Tell that idiot Hyde to stop flexing when scoring garbage time TDs.

I dunno...

He did the flex thing but it was kinda half hearted. Almost seemed to me it was more out of frustration than anything else.

I do understand why people would be annoyed by it though.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Tell that idiot Hyde to stop flexing when scoring garbage time TDs.

I dunno...

He did the flex thing but it was kinda half hearted. Almost seemed to me it was more out of frustration than anything else.

I do understand why people would be annoyed by it though.

Im old school I dont like people celebrating TDs when they are down 30 in the 4th, it makes them look foolish. But thats the least of our problems

srsly f**k that team they purposely injured Ian Williams back in the day on dirty play, and also a cheap shot on Delanie Walker broke his jaw.

Cheap shot on Manningham too

This run defense desperately misses Ian Williams.
Originally posted by Heroism:
This run defense desperately misses Ian Williams.

I was laughted at when i said that we needed a NT and that a NT isn't valuable because they only olay 2 downs. ..

It was still kind of sad that Harold only dragged him down because of the stiff arm from a smaller player.
Originally posted by zonkers:

It was still kind of sad that Harold only dragged him down because of the stiff arm from a smaller player.

that play was BS. Wilson only got a flag because he stayed down after in pain
Originally posted by znk916:
Same old same old, no receiving threats on offense, no pass rushers on defense. What bothers me is that for all the talk about wanting to build inside out, this team can neither run the ball nor stop the run. During the Nolan/Sing years, we pretty much had the same exact issues, except we could run and stop the run. As bad as we were back then, at least that roster had a blue collar identity which ended up being the foundation of our contending years.

I don't see the same glimmer of hope yet for this roster. We're just getting crushed in all phases. Maybe this team just needs to build up an identity against weaker teams. Scheduling obviously did us no favors the past two weeks.

For the middle:

DL - I want to say that Harold and Buckner were having a hard time against the run. The Purcell/Dorsey/Dial group seemed to calm things down.

LB - Bowman was great. I think Ray Ray > Hodges because of his speed.

S - Bethea has no range. Reid has good straight line speed, but O'Neil puts him all over the place. The opposing QB just needs to read where Bowman and Reid can break. Everywhere else is practically open.
Share 49ersWebzone