There are 263 users in the forums

Let's face it this team is going to suck!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The worst part about it is nobody but us care. I mean I'm sure the coaching staff cares but that's about it. With the news of Aron Lynch's 4 games suspension for PEDs which I'm sure he takes for a bad back because he's constantly overweight it just removed our best pass rusher for a quarter of the season. I'm tired of looking at the glass half full that's all I've done the last two years. All that's happened is a mass exodus of semi talented players with no attempt to talk them into staying. I'm done with the FO show me something. Erik Pears, Reggie Bush, Brandon Lloyd, Jerome Simpson, Erik Pears!!!!!

A bunch of crappy injury riddled OL drafted who have amounted to crap! Jim Tomsula the plumber! The 49ers are my passion and Jed was off to such a phenomenal start but let his ego get in the way. What does he have to change? Nothing his team is a cash cow now vaulted to the top 10 most expensive franchises in sports. I know the kid wants to win but does he want to win more than turning a profit? What did they do this offseason besides hire Chip Kelly which is definitely a step up or 10 from Tomsula but without the players what's it matter? Krap and Gabbert are still our QBs and there were no additions besides Beadles, a guy from the CFL and skill position players that aren't exactly eye popping. Another ho hum Baalke draft! Our OL, QBs, WRs, and LBs still lack just like last year. Isn't the point to improve the weak areas. Nope let's draft 50 CBs!

Pretty clear to me this year will look a lot like last year maybe just not as boring. Wow that's really great. So little to look forward to. We are going to suck and still probably won't get a QB next year. Baalke who I am sure will still be around will probably draft a top 5 safety. Crap!!!
We will still suck next year, but that's to be expected for a rebuilding team. Things to be excited about:
1. Chip Kelly possibly being a long term answer at coach.
2. Watching our defensive line develop with Buckner/Armstead and our offensive line start to mesh (hopefully).
3. A high draft pick and very active draft forum.
4. A new GM if we win 3-5 games.
5. More of this:
d
So I take it that your not from the " hey as long as we show some improvement " crowd

I recommend College Football and high dollar fantasy Football.
Most likely but will still watch and cheer.
Lol u bout to get roasted by the optimistic crew!
I expect another rebuilding year. But who knows what will happen?
  • thl408
But are you entertained?
It is what it is. One good thing about low expectations is you don't get too down when the team is struggling.

We had the most talented team in the sport and a Top 5 coach, only to completely sabotage the whole thing in just 4 years. Hopefully the next couple seasons worth of struggles will teach Jed and company a lesson.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
What were you hoping would happen? We'd sneak into the Panther's locker room, swap the jerseys for red and gold and just hope nobody notices?

Short of putting yourself in a coma you're going to be in for a few long seasons with or without Baalke, Jed etc.
I watched through the Erickson years and the Nolan years. Can't be worse than those years. I have a little hope for gabber. Kap has his own limitations. But those two guys are much better than the dilfer/JTO/etc years and all of the early alex years. Those years were really, really brutal.

Hello Captain Obvious
Ok I'll face it. You're right.
But I can't wait until the games that count start in September cus I love me some football.
Go Niners.
If Blaine starts, 16-0. If Kap starts, 0-16.

So... 8-8.
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
If Blaine starts, 16-0. If Kap starts, 0-16.

So... 8-8.

I think we will be much better than expected, it all comes down to the QB play
Share 49ersWebzone