There are 416 users in the forums
What's there to be excited about this season?
Jun 12, 2016 at 3:13 PM
- jrg
- Veteran
- Posts: 166,549
Blaine Gabbert's Pro Bowl caliber season
Jun 12, 2016 at 3:14 PM
- jays9ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,560
Originally posted by jrg:Blaine Gabbert's Pro Bowl caliber season
Word
Jun 12, 2016 at 3:21 PM
- Bay2Bay9erAllday
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,799
Originally posted by jrg:Blaine Gabbert's Pro Bowl caliber season
Jun 12, 2016 at 3:26 PM
- NYniner85
- Veteran
- Posts: 119,161
Originally posted by jays9ers:This is really the first upcoming season ever that I could think of that I'm not excited about.. We went from Superbowl contenders to bottom dwellers in the blink of an eye.. Now we have a head coach who might bring some life to the offense but I'm afraid he'll be gone before he truly gets a chance to make an impact..
We have a defense that's a shell of its former self.. a solid running back and 90 year old kicker.. somebody please give me something to be optimistic about.
What the hell were you optimistic about going into last season? Did you not watch SF outside of the 2011-2014 seasons lol?
Jun 12, 2016 at 5:54 PM
- jays9ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,560
Well... I still thought we had some talent left and that maybe we could prove all the doubters wrong.....annnnnd we didn't.
Jun 12, 2016 at 6:04 PM
- FromDaBay2La
- Veteran
- Posts: 288
Chip Kelly. Navarro bowman and the boys. Tart, Armstead and Buckner. Lynch. Cheaper seats and less traffic leaving games lol.
Everybody needs to chill with Hyde, dude had one good game and couldn't stay on the field. He's nice I like him but he has to put it all together. Stop taking unnecessary punishment.
Everybody needs to chill with Hyde, dude had one good game and couldn't stay on the field. He's nice I like him but he has to put it all together. Stop taking unnecessary punishment.
Jun 12, 2016 at 6:07 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,143
I'm excited to see tank get 10+ sacks, pears developing into a solid starting RT, gabbert becoming one of the best qbs in the league, Vance develop into a pro bowl caliber TE and for Smelter and Dres anderson to get double digit tds.
If you can't get excited for all that then I can't help you.
If you can't get excited for all that then I can't help you.
Jun 12, 2016 at 6:50 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,854
Originally posted by susweel:I'm excited to see tank get 10+ sacks, pears developing into a solid starting RT, gabbert becoming one of the best qbs in the league, Vance develop into a pro bowl caliber TE and for Smelter and Dres anderson to get double digit tds.
If you can't get excited for all that then I can't help you.
Jun 12, 2016 at 7:08 PM
- gold49er2183
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,437
If you can't find something to be excited about your fanhood is faded or gone.
Kelly
Gabbert
Buckner/Armsted
Tons of young talented cbs
Hyde under Kelly
Development of t brown and Garnett
Of course bowman.
Kelly
Gabbert
Buckner/Armsted
Tons of young talented cbs
Hyde under Kelly
Development of t brown and Garnett
Of course bowman.
Jun 12, 2016 at 7:13 PM
- LVJay
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,847
I'm pretty excited about the upgrade on the whole coaching staff. I can't wait to see the defense in action, which I think is going to shock a lot of critics. I have to believe that the offense won't be anemic. In fact, Kelly just might have the offense clicking like he did in Philly....
Jun 12, 2016 at 7:32 PM
- GolittaCamper
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,279
Originally posted by LVJay:
I'm pretty excited about the upgrade on the whole coaching staff. I can't wait to see the defense in action, which I think is going to shock a lot of critics. I have to believe that the offense won't be anemic. In fact, Kelly just might have the offense clicking like he did in Philly....
Right, this season is a great story line unfolding right before our eyes. QB completion, plenty of rookies with a chance to make an impact, so much potential to prove every critic wrong! I love a season like this, we hit bottom in a hurry, and we are on the way back up!
Jun 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,401
New coaching staff, Kelly's offense, development of the myriad of young players.
Jun 12, 2016 at 7:40 PM
- NorthBay49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,632
Originally posted by jays9ers:
This is really the first upcoming season ever that I could think of that I'm not excited about.. We went from Superbowl contenders to bottom dwellers in the blink of an eye.. Now we have a head coach who might bring some life to the offense but I'm afraid he'll be gone before he truly gets a chance to make an impact..
We have a defense that's a shell of its former self.. a solid running back and 90 year old kicker.. somebody please give me something to be optimistic about.
DOES THIS MEAN YOU WERE EXCITED BY THE TOMSULA ERA?!?!
Jun 12, 2016 at 8:05 PM
- 49erChica
- Veteran
- Posts: 169
Last year was dismal but theres always something to be excited about. I'm looking forward to seeing what our rookies, 2nd year players are going to do...Bowman, Lynch, even Carradine in his new role. How will our secondary perform? How will our QBs perform in this new system? Will we finally beat Seattle? Will any of Baalke's #teamacl step up to the plate? The excitement should be all about potential, my friend.