LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 189 users in the forums

What's there to be excited about this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Well... I still thought we had some talent left and that maybe we could prove all the doubters wrong.....annnnnd we didn't.

we lost 13 starters and a good HC all in one off season ....and replaced that staff with the Goof troop that couldn't coach their way out of a wet paper bag.

Any level headed fan knew last season was a wash as soon as Tomsula was hired. I think there's much much more reason to be excited with the staff and youth on this team. I also don't see Chip going anywhere unless they go like 2-14 the next two years.

True.. you're spot on. I may have been delusional last season. Especially after the first game, we at least looked somewhat competent.. I however do believe chip Kelly can be a major improvement, I just don't know if he'll be given a long enough leash to actually see this thing through.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by jrg:
Blaine Gabbert's Pro Bowl caliber season

Originally posted by mojave45:
If you need to have others tell you what there is to look forward to with Football season coming maybe you should take up golf.

I've honestly thought about it.. I've been a fan of this team since 87-88. The front office has destroyed our credibility and it's hard to see anything positive with Jed at the helm.. feels like where just waiting for him to implode again.
If you need to have others tell you what there is to look forward to with Football season coming maybe you should take up golf.

I've honestly thought about it.. I've been a fan of this team since 87-88. The front office has destroyed our credibility and it's hard to see anything positive with Jed at the helm.. feels like where just waiting for him to implode again.

If you don't see anything positive about where we are going then I whole heartedly support your thoughts of stopping following the team. Please do.
True.. you're spot on. I may have been delusional last season. Especially after the first game, we at least looked somewhat competent.. I however do believe chip Kelly can be a major improvement, I just don't know if he'll be given a long enough leash to actually see this thing through.

Yeah I do think he will have more than enough time to see it though....he's got Gamble in there if Baalke moves on and they are gonna be paying him top end money for a while. I doubt York wants to be giving him top tier money to not coach like he did with tomsula. Chip is the guy for the next 3-4 years more than likely (unless some stud coach becomes available and Jed wants to open the wallet big time).

Yeah I do think he will have more than enough time to see it though....he's got Gamble in there if Baalke moves on and they are gonna be paying him top end money for a while. I doubt York wants to be giving him top tier money to not coach like he did with tomsula. Chip is the guy for the next 3-4 years more than likely (unless some stud coach becomes available and Jed wants to open the wallet big time).

Unless Kelly absolutely craps the bed for more than just this season, he is here for a while. If we see improvement at all , and I don't mean necessarily on the W-L column, Kelly gets season 2.

Let me just answer your question by asking another. Did this team act accordingly this off season to a team that will be firing anybody anytime soon?
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jun 13, 2016 at 10:35 AM ]

Unless Kelly absolutely craps the bed for more than just this season, he is here for a while. If we see improvement at all , and I don't mean necessarily on the W-L column, Kelly gets season 2.

Yeah I just don't see really anyway he doesn't get at the very least 2 seasons, unless like you said he completely s**ts the bed.
Im excited to see no more delay of game penalties! That's been so frustrating the last 3-4 years

• Baldie
  • Veteran
For me....the excitement is not knowing what to expect. Could end up having a top 10 offense, could end up having a top 10 defense, could go on a 5-0 start, or could go completely opposite. Right now with new coaches in, especially now that we have a legit offensive mind as the HC, everyone is hoping/expecting a competitive season as most of us do when new coaches are hired. Right now all I can do is hope that this season gets turned around quickly and that all those critics get their mouth shut. I for one questioned the hiring of Kelly but now I'm starting to have hope that things change starting with this season.

Go Niners!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gbniner:
Im excited to see no more delay of game penalties! That's been so frustrating the last 3-4 years

the other side of this is no more delay of game flags but more fatigue.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
If you can't find something to be excited about your fanhood is faded or gone.

Kelly
Gabbert
Buckner/Armsted
Tons of young talented cbs
Hyde under Kelly
Development of t brown and Garnett
Of course bowman.

Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by gbniner:

the other side of this is no more delay of game flags but more fatigue.

I would rather see them get tired due to the fact the offense is scoring touchdowns as compared to the 30 second drives on offense. by all reports 98 per cent of the guys are already in fine shape in june as they know the score and they know what lies ahead of them. the ones who did not know or did not realize it got their eyes opened in the mini camp things we did so they know what they need to work on in the next 60 plus days. unlike last year this coaching staff is not a joke. there is no club med, there is no more blaming the field or the sun or verbs uncle in the post office. there are no more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. it is time to show them where the bear s**ts gentlemen
Talented young defensive line
Talented young secondary
RB who's one of the best in the league when healthy
Offensive-minded HC looking to silence doubters
QB competition

If you can't look forward to stuff like this, hard to understand how you've been a fan for any length of time. There are a lot of question marks going into this season, at almost every position, but there is plenty to be excited about. So I for one can't wait for Aug. 14th.
Share 49ersWebzone