49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 846 users in the forums

Are we the worst team in football?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Worst run team
Even to the Yorks the team comes in last place, way behind their shiny new cash cow stadium
You guys are looking at it the wrong way.
The 49ers are the best team in football if you divide revenue by wins. They are the best wins-to-revenue team in all of sports. What more could you want?
Jeez. Whiners.
I think we will be after letting Boone walk and signing no proven offensive lineman. Most of the best FA's are already gone now.
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
I think we will be after letting Boone walk and signing no proven offensive lineman. Most of the best FA's are already gone now.

Baalke and Chip must of seen something in brown and tiller is the only positive I can see out of this.
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
I think we will be after letting Boone walk and signing no proven offensive lineman. Most of the best FA's are already gone now.

Baalke and Chip must of seen something in brown and tiller is the only positive I can see out of this.

Both played well, are young and still developing and cheap. What is not to like about either of them?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
I think we will be after letting Boone walk and signing no proven offensive lineman. Most of the best FA's are already gone now.

boone was good for two years than garbage, then he just complained about how hard he had to work, so he was not worth extra money to me. now you will have no argument from me in regards to fixing the line but to me, boone was not part of the fix
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
I think we will be after letting Boone walk and signing no proven offensive lineman. Most of the best FA's are already gone now.

boone was good for two years than garbage, then he just complained about how hard he had to work, so he was not worth extra money to me. now you will have no argument from me in regards to fixing the line but to me, boone was not part of the fix

This. Ranked 66th for Oline I believe. I think his contract was very good for Minnesota because he brings so much versatility to the Oline but he is nothing spectacular. Better than Devey by a long shot but I like Tiller
You guys can try to justify not re-signing Boone all you want. I know there are many factors that go into re-signing someone (age, $, etc). But anyone who believes this offensive line is better without Boone is kidding themselves.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
You guys can try to justify not re-signing Boone all you want. I know there are many factors that go into re-signing someone (age, $, etc). But anyone who believes this offensive line is better without Boone is kidding themselves.

Tiller was better. Problem is, still need another G which we currently do not have at the moment
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
You guys can try to justify not re-signing Boone all you want. I know there are many factors that go into re-signing someone (age, $, etc). But anyone who believes this offensive line is better without Boone is kidding themselves.

Tiller was better. Problem is, still need another G which we currently do not have at the moment

Again, as it currently stands, our offensive line is not better without Boone than with him. Tiller being better is debatable.
We're definitely trending in that direction sadly.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Are you happy about the roster, the QB situation, the front office decisions of the past 18 months and the overall direction of the team?



You didn't answer my question.

I expect the team to do better than they did with the Harbaugh departure, better than they have done with the Kaepernick situation, better than they did with Tomsula, better than they did with O'Neill, better than they did with Devey and Pears. I don't think any of those expectations are unreasonable.

The team has been a mess, I expect them to do better and I think you do too.

Of course I didn't. Honestly, I don't think the line of questioning leads anywhere we haven't been before. I get it; you rely on hyperbole and general sayings without proof and I really am not interested in that type of discussion. And I think you don't know what I think.

It seems you are interested in shaming anyone who is at all unhappy with what has happened over the past 18 months and the direction of the team.
I have seen you post plenty of hyperbole without concrete proof, just like most posters here. We don't have all the facts about many of the topics posted here and there is nothing wrong with judging a FO based on results.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
You guys can try to justify not re-signing Boone all you want. I know there are many factors that go into re-signing someone (age, $, etc). But anyone who believes this offensive line is better without Boone is kidding themselves.

Tiller was better. Problem is, still need another G which we currently do not have at the moment

Again, as it currently stands, our offensive line is not better without Boone than with him. Tiller being better is debatable.

Day 2 of Free Agency and we still have 12 picks in the draft. I'd like to think we will grab an interior lineman... I would hope
As cciowa can attest, WE ARE BACK BABY! To the "JOE THOMAS(Trent)", Ken Meyer(Chip) ERA, enjoy the 2-14 seasons, if they win that many? The DORKS have ruined this once storied franchise and it's not going to get better anytime soon! Read Radnich's article on the homepage, it's on the mark! I lived through the Joe Thomas era and it wasn't fun! They should have brought in Holmgren as GM and possibly coach for a year to groom a Coach to then succeed him. and he could bring back The Walsh Offense and Defense(yes Walsh had tough defenses, check the stats on the 84 and 89 teams), that made us a dynasty. I know a lot of you on this board won't agree with me and I don't really care if you do. I've been here before and seen it before, we are in deep and it starts at the top with the Dorks and, excrement travels downhill to Trent and Chip!
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
As cciowa can attest, WE ARE BACK BABY! To the "JOE THOMAS(Trent)", Ken Meyer(Chip) ERA, enjoy the 2-14 seasons, if they win that many? The DORKS have ruined this once storied franchise and it's not going to get better anytime soon! Read Radnich's article on the homepage, it's on the mark! I lived through the Joe Thomas era and it wasn't fun! They should have brought in Holmgren as GM and possibly coach for a year to groom a Coach to then succeed him. and he could bring back The Walsh Offense and Defense(yes Walsh had tough defenses, check the stats on the 84 and 89 teams), that made us a dynasty. I know a lot of you on this board won't agree with me and I don't really care if you do. I've been here before and seen it before, we are in deep and it starts at the top with the Dorks and, excrement travels downhill to Trent and Chip!

But Chip knows how to coach and has proven this. Trent needs to do HIS part and load the roster with as much talent as possible. Chip will be here for at least a few years. I can't see Jed paying him, Tomsula AND another coach. This is all about Trent killing it in this draft. If we can't go into next season with 7-9 key contributors after having $60 mil in cap space and 12 draft picks, I'd say we will probably have a new GM next year.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone