49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 479 users in the forums

Season 2015: Thank You Jed, For Now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
For every mistake Jed makes, he seemed to made up for it. After Singletary, he went and got Harbaugh. After Tomsula, he went and got Kelly.

He has proved he can own up to a mistake and make a change, and do it quickly. His mistakes seemed to be wanting to give a couple of underdog coaches a chance.

I hate Jed but I was convinced we were stuck with Tomsula for another year. I'm done being all pissy about the past because I'm excited about the direction of the team under Chip. We'll see how it plays out but I'm excited. Last year was the worst year of football I've encountered with this team in a long long time so I'm just happy to be relevant again and hopefully be fun to watch
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • Posts: 133,162
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Jim Harbaugh should STILL be the coach of this team. I hate Jed York.

nah, tired of his s**tty offense. shoulda kept fangio though!

I love this argument. s**tty offense. Maybe it was players not making plays?
It was horrible watching his s**tty offense destroy a team to become Citrus Bowl Champs. Yeah, so glad we got rid of that guy.

Harbaugh isn't NFL material, once the big boys figured out his crappy offense, all that was left was his idiotic tirades, an incurable inability to get plays called in time, and some of the worst clock management I've ever seen. He belongs on the college sidelines where his tired act will play. I think he's a great college coach, but just a meh on the professional level.



Yeah his NFL resume of wins is horrible. Good call.

He left for Michigan before the resume could be tarnished. It wasn't going to be pretty going into 2015. He had a very good clue in 2014 with an 8-8 record. Tomsula got 14mil to be the fall guy.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Posts: 156,357
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
I'll thank him when Chip & the team drops 50+ on Seattle IN CLink on SNF on Thanksgiving, and eats their turkey on their logo

Thanksgiving on a Sunday? what kind of communist outlook is this?
Originally posted by Niners418:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
For every mistake Jed makes, he seemed to made up for it. After Singletary, he went and got Harbaugh. After Tomsula, he went and got Kelly.

He has proved he can own up to a mistake and make a change, and do it quickly. His mistakes seemed to be wanting to give a couple of underdog coaches a chance.

I hate Jed but I was convinced we were stuck with Tomsula for another year. I'm done being all pissy about the past because I'm excited about the direction of the team under Chip. We'll see how it plays out but I'm excited. Last year was the worst year of football I've encountered with this team in a long long time so I'm just happy to be relevant again and hopefully be fun to watch

To fired a HC after just 1 year is unpopular as hell in the coaching community. Especially after the offseason that the team had. Jed had the balls to make a change quick. I think he did 'listen' to the fans and made the change.
I wouldn't thank him even if the Kelly hire works out. The fans suffered through last year, and our organization was a joke across the league. Fans paid a lot of money to attend games, buy seat licenses, buy NFL package, etc. and what they got in return was s**t on a stick.

You don't get rid of that memory. You can move on, but you don't forget.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Posts: 156,357
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I wouldn't thank him even if the Kelly hire works out. The fans suffered through last year, and our organization was a joke across the league. Fans paid a lot of money to attend games, buy seat licenses, buy NFL package, etc. and what they got in return was s**t on a stick.

You don't get rid of that memory. You can move on, but you don't forget.

if the team starts winning, people will forget.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Jim Harbaugh should STILL be the coach of this team. I hate Jed York.

nah, tired of his s**tty offense. shoulda kept fangio though!

I love this argument. s**tty offense. Maybe it was players not making plays?
It was horrible watching his s**tty offense destroy a team to become Citrus Bowl Champs. Yeah, so glad we got rid of that guy.

Harbaugh isn't NFL material, once the big boys figured out his crappy offense, all that was left was his idiotic tirades, an incurable inability to get plays called in time, and some of the worst clock management I've ever seen. He belongs on the college sidelines where his tired act will play. I think he's a great college coach, but just a meh on the professional level.



Yeah his NFL resume of wins is horrible. Good call.

He left for Michigan before the resume could be tarnished. It wasn't going to be pretty going into 2015. He had a very good clue in 2014 with an 8-8 record. Tomsula got 14mil to be the fall guy.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Harbaugh is in the category of very good coach. His record proves it. Regardless of what offense that particular coach prefer to run, he must be a good locker room coach first. Harbaugh is very good. Football x and o's, he's not as good or flexible as other coaches. That's what Memphis alluded to. It's very rare that you would get a coach that last 10 years or more with 1 team in the NFL. Unless they can change or improve on their offensive philosophy to go along with the changing roster. Having a smart, franchise qb helps a lot. Harbaugh don't have that either.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I wouldn't thank him even if the Kelly hire works out. The fans suffered through last year, and our organization was a joke across the league. Fans paid a lot of money to attend games, buy seat licenses, buy NFL package, etc. and what they got in return was s**t on a stick.

You don't get rid of that memory. You can move on, but you don't forget.

Let's not be pansies about it, doe.
dp
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 21, 2016 at 8:20 AM ]
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
I know the Chip Kelly era hasn't played a down yet, but I just wanted to say, 2015 was one of most awful and frustrated season I've seen as a 49ers fan. It made it worse seeing the Raiders doing well. But the awful season brought us Chip Kelly. So far, I'd say thank you Jed. But I'm still upset getting rid of coach Harbaugh. I need to see success before I get over that. For now thanks. How do you get over it?

We win.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
I'll thank him when Chip & the team drops 50+ on Seattle IN CLink on SNF on Thanksgiving, and eats their turkey on their logo

Thanksgiving on a Sunday? what kind of communist outlook is this?

lol got me there...but the thanksgiving game in '14 was done by the SNF NBC crew
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
For every mistake Jed makes, he seemed to made up for it. After Singletary, he went and got Harbaugh. After Tomsula, he went and got Kelly.

He has proved he can own up to a mistake and make a change, and do it quickly. His mistakes seemed to be wanting to give a couple of underdog coaches a chance.

You are saying he has made one good decision, reversed that decision and followed it up with a mistake and now we get to see if he has made his second good decision?

His mistakes have made the 49ers organization a joke, full of chaos, no direction, no vision, backbiting and he still hasn't hired a football person to run football operations.

I hope this works out and if it does and there isn't drama that unravels it quickly I will give Jed credit.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
I'll thank him when Chip & the team drops 50+ on Seattle IN CLink on SNF on Thanksgiving, and eats their turkey on their logo

Thanksgiving on a Sunday? what kind of communist outlook is this?

lol got me there...but the thanksgiving game in '14 was done by the SNF NBC crew

And I seem to recall NBC using the SNF graphics. NBC are the Commies.
You can thank him by donating to the men's hair club.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,611
Originally posted by socalniner:
You can thank him by donating to the men's hair club.


It will grow back. That bald spot is where Baalke has his palms when Jed is.........
[ Edited by MarkD on Jan 21, 2016 at 9:35 AM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone