LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 260 users in the forums

Changes need to happen - now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
It was at this moment Jed knew... He f**ked up.

This season is done. We can't do s**t right anymore. I feel really bad for the players, but it is what it is. The main questions we need answered are: Is Colin our long term QB? And, is Tomsula our long term coach?

I'm hopping the answer is no to both. I'm really upset with what ownership has done to this team. I want a fresh start in 2016, like we had when we first got JH. My wish is to get Jim Mora Jr, but that's ver unlikely.

why do we always want some x niner to ride to our rescue,, jim mora jr, lol, the season is not done, but feel free to hide under the bed til the season is over
u guys are writing off Davis? really.. after 3 games.. put the controller down and turn Madden off..
a rookie that was drafted and many of you compared him to Hearst in the pre season... not ready to give up on this guy..

- we need to re-arrange the OL so Colin has more time to make wiser decisions.
- pass rush needed.. why didnt we trade for Jarred Allen...
Originally posted by kazak13:

Because he didn't want to play in a 3-4 scheme and has spent all the previous years of his career in a 4-3 defense so the Bears sent him off to a team where he is a better fit in a 4-3 alignment.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Because he didn't want to play in a 3-4 scheme and has spent all the previous years of his career in a 4-3 defense so the Bears sent him off to a team where he is a better fit in a 4-3 alignment.

yeah.... that makes a whole lot of sense.. thanks.. hows bout that Bears D btw.. with Fangio....
Originally posted by AmpLee:
As usual, I totally agree. We need to shake things up along the lines. The right side of the line is failing miserably. It's time to show that we're better than the last coaching staff and make changes that differ from our original plans. There's no way that things can be as bad as they are now. Why not get guys in there with potential. This season is not going to net us a Super Bowl, might as well as let the youngsters set themselves up for a future run. We have another boatload of picks, a lot of talent remaining, and a lot of cap space. Let's use this year to see who ought to stick around and who ought not. I'd also like to see more of Armstead and even Purcell. I never thought I'd ever utter the sentence that I'd like to see more of Purcell, but hey, why not. The TJE experiment is over, IMO. Let's see what Purcell has.

Yup, this season should be about evaluating the 1st and 2nd year players. It's crucial we find out who can play, and who can't. That way we know exactly what are needs are heading into the draft and free agency. The coaches won't go full youth movement this early in the year, but if the losing continues, it has to happen. Can't waste valuable snaps on veterans when they're not getting the job done. Would also like to see Purcell activated and in the rotation. He was arguably our top d-lineman in pre-season, and clearly outperformed TJE.
We stop running the dam ball every play & put miller as the fullback.poor carlos

start eli on the opposite side of lynch put tank in his natural position as a de & put dial as the nt.and armstead as the other de

start tartt over bethea

put boldin in the slot ,campbell & smith as the outside wr
start celek over davis

t brown as rg & b thomas as rt
yeah.... that makes a whole lot of sense.. thanks.. hows bout that Bears D btw.. with Fangio....

Not looking so hot.
I would like to see Trent Brown play. Pears was signed to be backup and that's where we should have kept him.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Good luck with the changes. I don't see anything happening at least until after half the season is over. I will be shocked if something happens before then.
u guys are writing off Davis? really.. after 3 games.. put the controller down and turn Madden off..
a rookie that was drafted and many of you compared him to Hearst in the pre season... not ready to give up on this guy..

- we need to re-arrange the OL so Colin has more time to make wiser decisions.
I don't think anyone is saying give up on him but he should not be the 2nd running back at this point.

Feel bad for Bowman and Hyde. Two good players suffering in a badly run org.
After yesterday's humiliating lost I was wondering how we could make a change without getting too crazy. I'm fed up with Vernon Davis and Eric Reid (also Marcus Martin but I don't believe he has any trade value). Davis needs to go cause I'm sick of his prima Donna, alligator arm, no heart having, mediocre TE skills. I am comfortable with the back ups we have at that position. As far as Reid goes, this guy does nothing but miss tackles and gets concussions. Our safety position is in good hands with Bethia, Ward and Tart. Would love to get a starting guard or tackle for one of them. What do you think?
Ok, you make the trade. If it goes poorly you can hold me personally responsible.
Im more worried about our front 7 putting our safties in bad situations. Carradine and Dorsey seem to be doing nothing, Brooks is a ghost out there.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Ok, you make the trade. If it goes poorly you can hold me personally responsible.

Hahaha, I see what u did there
Share 49ersWebzone