There are 111 users in the forums

Changes need to happen - now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Changes I want to see:

1. Re-shuffled o-line. Staley-Thomas-Martin/Easton-Boone-Brown
2. More Arik Armstead. Less Glenn Dorsey and TJE.
3. More Dime defense with Tartt and Ward on the field. Less Wilhoite.
4. More Harold in pass rushing situations. Less Brooks.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Changes I want to see:

I like it, just to comment on #2, I would also like to see how Purcell does in real action.
Purcell looks like hes having more fun taking pics for his instagram.
The scheme is the bigger problem. I already miss Fangio and Donatell.

BTW I don't need a reminder what he's doing in Chicago because I don't care.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 28, 2015 at 9:32 PM ]
Originally posted by allhype:
I like it, just to comment on #2, I would also like to see how Purcell does in real action.

+1 on Purcell. Was our best d-lineman in pre-season, definitely a better player than TJE. Would like to see him get in the rotation.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Changes I want to see:

You sir are on point. All of this + more Purcell and Hayne. We have nothing to lose, besides games we'd probably lose anyways.
What about trading Kaep, our Oline, V.Davis, and two tickets to a Taylor Swift Concert for Matt Stafford and Megatron...
Originally posted by theninermind:
Well, we sat and wondered if perhaps last week was "just a bad day." And we proceeded to literally do nothing different. Well, not literally. We dropped our safeties back and covered the deep routes - so much so that crossing and seems were wide friggin open. But this offensive line problem is simply not going away. Marcus Martin is not ready, and may never be ready for the center position. I am 100 times more comfortable with him being at guard. Jordan Devey is straight up awful as is Eric Pears. And folks point to Week one, but those two were not good week 1 either. I believe Marcus Martin is the primary reason Joe Staley and Alex Boone have under performed.

On the defensive side, I'm sorry, but Navorro Bowman needs to come out on 3rd downs. 1. it gives him rest, and 2. the dude isn't what he was in coverage.

Mike Davis is a joke. I'm not too high on Jarryd Hayne as a running back, but the guy is better than Mike Davis.

Hayne also needs to be returning kicks. This Grant Cohn BS about Hayne being our 3rd best returner is ridiculous.

Send Vernon Davis up the friggin seem. He only succeeds over the middle.

You traded for Nick Easton - so obviously you know you have a major problem at center. Play him already.

My point is, we're 1-2. Which means this is potentially the most crucial game of the season. This team would be tremendously Nolan-esque and Singletary-ied if it went through the worst back-to-back defeats in franchise history and did nothing. And held no one accountable. And played the role of the friggin cheerleader. Stop worrying about the players' bodies and get it down that losing is unacceptable. And losing like that gets people fired mid-season.
Totally agree with everything you said, save for Mike Davis. Everything else is spot on.
I'm open to trying anything at this point also.

i say move boone to RT and fill in the middle with whoever.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I'm open to trying anything at this point also.

i say move boone to RT and fill in the middle with whoever.

Ryan Sakamoto @SakamotoRyan I spoke with a few #49ers defensive players who believe that G Andrew @BigTill66 should be given the chance to start at RG.

4:29 PM - 23 Sep 2015

He also had a quotation from an unnamed defensive player who said Tiller is strong and blows guys off the line in practice. Sakamoto has interacted with some of the defensive players in the past, so this is more than just some random comment.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/9/28/9411495/is-andrew-tiller-the-guy-to-get-a-shot-on-the-49ers-offensive-line

Put Easton at C, Tiller at RG and Brown at RT. At the worst the young guys get some snaps.

Normally don't say radical changes need to be made after 3 weeks, but when you lose by a combined score of 90-25 in 2 games, you need to make some big changes. Both to the scheme and to the starting lineup.

I don't know how feasible it is to change scheme in the middle of the year, so we have to at least shuffle the lineup and try to get better execution, especially on the o-line and pass rush.

Brandon Thomas and Trent Brown need to play. Maybe Easton too. Devey and Pears are a waste of time. Both are terrible and have no potential. Every game they play we miss out on an opportunity to see if these young guys can step up and be better.

Defensively we need more of Armstead, Tartt, and Harold. Armstead is raw, but he still brings a more well-rounded game than any of our DEs. He's a good run-stopper and has some pass rush skill.

Harold brings more speed and natural pass rush ability than Brooks at this point.

Tartt is a playmaker. Between him and Ward, we should be playing more 4 safety looks like the Cardinals do. That's where the strength of the defense is. We invested a ton in the safety position, it's time to play these guys. More coverage ability on the field should help the pass defense.
This!!
Originally posted by kazak13:
yeah.... that makes a whole lot of sense.. thanks.. hows bout that Bears D btw.. with Fangio....

They probably are on a quicker trajectory to being good again than we are.
I was willing to be very patient with Tomsula, but if this constant massacre continues, he needs to be out by year's end. I wonder if Pagano would be willing to come here in 2016
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
They probably are on a quicker trajectory to being good again than we are.

I don't know about all of that. They have a major lack of talent all across their defense. Its not like Fangio was lighting up the world as a DC either before he got to the 49ers.

I do think his scheme was a better fit for the personnel that this team has than Mangini's wacky Tampa 2, confused coverage playcalling.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I was willing to be very patient with Tomsula, but if this constant massacre continues, he needs to be out by year's end. I wonder if Pagano would be willing to come here in 2016

The same Pagano that Indy is trying to get rid of. No thanks. He always struck me as a similar guy to Fangio. Good defensive mind, not head coaching material in the slightest. Even though the Colts couldn't have justified firing the guy coming off of a fight with cancer, I think they would have been a lot better off had Arians remained as head coach.

If Tomsula does go, which I don't see happening anytime before next season, I'd love to see someone like Josh McDaniels, Teryl Austin, Tom Clements, Ben McAdoo. Mike Shanahan would probably be the only long-term retread I'd be interested.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 28, 2015 at 11:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone