LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 220 users in the forums

Week 3 2015: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Most of the team gave up yesterday. More than anything that hurt the most. Perhaps it was a combination of the players giving up on the coaches and the coaches giving up on the players (Kap in particular) but there was no fight basically once the score got to 21-0. Pretty embarrassing and I felt bad for the fans who flew out to AZ and bought tickets to have to watch a performance like that.

As a sidenote personally speaking I've had enough of the zone read/read option. Ran it like 20x yesterday including on the safety.
Yeah telling sign this offense is clueless when we're running read option backed up at our goal line.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
after watching the replay, with no highlights or idea (radio) prior to it, I am now more and more and more convinced that the NFL has figured out KAEP, and this is what he's going to be..

What we see from him now is the present, and the also the future.. the guy can not read for crap.. again, Russell Wilson has lesser WRs and yet, he continues to make plays..

also what confuses me is that, with the NEW offensive coordinator, why are we still running out of the PISTOL FORMATION???
I didn't see players giving up. The defense still played and had some stoppage on Arizona's drives. Carlos Hyde ran his ass off when he got the ball.
Originally posted by 9moon:
after watching the replay, with no highlights or idea (radio) prior to it, I am now more and more and more convinced that the NFL has figured out KAEP, and this is what he's going to be..

What we see from him now is the present, and the also the future.. the guy can not read for crap.. again, Russell Wilson has lesser WRs and yet, he continues to make plays..

also what confuses me is that, with the NEW offensive coordinator, why are we still running out of the PISTOL FORMATION???

The pistol is just a formation, it's not an offense. Almost all the teams in the league use the pistol formation. You can run any plays or type of offense you want out of it. If it's the read option that you're complaining about that's one thing, but it has nothing to do with the pistol formation. Hell, manning and Denver was in the pistol last night for a good majority of the game.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I didn't see players giving up. The defense still played and had some stoppage on Arizona's drives. Carlos Hyde ran his ass off when he got the ball.

We saw different things then. The Chris Johnson reception where 2-3 defenders stopped near the sideline thinking he was going out of bounds comes to mind. Even in pursuit they were not running at full speed. It was sad. On another note no team is that good to hang 47 on another NFL team without some quit rearing its head. I'm talking both sides of the ball AZ moved up and down the field basically at will. They could have scored 60
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
A few players I'd like to see benched or position changed:

Jordan Devey - Get's beat in every game
Vernon Davis - well he's injured anyway
Tramaine Brock - he's been picked on just about as bad as Acker, only Acker is in his second year what's Brock's excuse??
Marcus Martin - maybe Center is not his position in the NFL let's try him at Guard.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by 9moon:

The pistol is just a formation, it's not an offense. Almost all the teams in the league use the pistol formation. You can run any plays or type of offense you want out of it. If it's the read option that you're complaining about that's one thing, but it has nothing to do with the pistol formation. Hell, manning and Denver was in the pistol last night for a good majority of the game.

Green Bay uses it too.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want a high draft pick for all this s**t we're going through.
Originally posted by mayo49:

You may get your wish.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Tramaine Brock - he's been picked on just about as bad as Acker, only Acker is in his second year what's Brock's excuse??
Marcus Martin - maybe Center is not his position in the NFL let's try him at Guard.

Brock is a webzone over action special. When Manningham caught that pass on him everybody called him a bum and wanted him cut. Year before last he gets some int's returned back for td's and all of the sudden the board starts calling him a great CB. In reality he's just average run of the mill CB.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
i expected the mistakes from last week be corrected this week, not the case, I don't have faith in this staff to make those changes, reminds me of the SingeltaryJimmy Raye days
Despite yesterday's debacle by kap, I'm still way more concerned about the defense. They just look completely out gunned, basically everyone is open. As I said in a previous post, it reminds me of 1999. I'm hoping it's just early growing pains and facing 2 pretty good offenses but I have serious doubts in that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by mayo49:

You may get your wish.

Good.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Brock is a webzone over action special. When Manningham caught that pass on him everybody called him a bum and wanted him cut. Year before last he gets some int's returned back for td's and all of the sudden the board starts calling him a great CB. In reality he's just average run of the mill CB.

I just think Baalke can do better than Tramaine Brock, I also don't think he's starter material he was better when he was coming in on certain packages. I wanna see Keith Reaser get his shot or even Dontae Johnson, changes need to be made.
Share 49ersWebzone