Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 532 users in the forums

Week 3 2015: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol, that's putting it lightly. Our HC, OC and DC are all retarded. But hey, there's a new kid on the block that has major HC potential. Our QB coach was a radio DJ before being hired on. Now that's scouting.

Our QB Coach was also a HC and has NFL experience , How convenient you LEFT that out and try to make it look like He`s a hack off the street,wow Chaz I thought you were better then that,ooh btw Logan is very good,you need to look at Geep and Mangini
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Sep 28, 2015 at 10:07 AM ]
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:
Disaster from top to bottom . Our beloved organization has collapsed . Clearly letting Harbaugh go was a mistake as i wrote long ago . Tomsula stood on the sideline during our latest beating and looked like he was lost in thought about whether or not he turned off the coffee brewer when he left that morning .He's a def line coach period and it showed . Front office is to blame for letting the best coach we've had since walsh walk out the door .Our co-ordinators are out matched and their game plans are simple minded and fooling noone . Front office is to blame for that as well . Losing so many guys wasn't front office's fault . but not finding suitable players to plug in those holes ... well that was . Devey and pears are back ups period and have no place on a starting unit . Not signing Mathis ....or finding someone of quality to fill those spots is front office . Losing 2 corners and not drafting a ball hawk .... front office . Drafting armstead as a developmental pick with so many glaring needs is front office . When you lose as many vets as we did maybe we should have re-signed afew of our own to help guide the youngsters for 1 more year , crabtree with gore and aldon sounds pretty good to me right now .Front office mistakes have destroyed our team .i screamed bloody murder at all these moves and knew we were gonna be crap this year and to all who argued ... i told you so . I hope we loose every game this year just so we can draft afew quality players next year , but if we keep the clowns we got in management now .... were doomed . Tomsula needs to be fired and replaced immediately .

Here comes. Like a little kid......I told you so. I told you so. Well we told you so! That the Niners would destroy the Vikings and ap. I'm sure you didn't agree. Anyways it's kinda annoying after two games we were EXPECTED to lose on the road with 3 backup o lineman and so on, to have the I told you so people come in and say exactly that.

Truth is this team still has a very talented roster with more pro bowlers than most teams in the NFL. We just couldn't predict Aldon Anthony Davis being gone as well as Kilgore not being back. It has severely hampered this team.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just think Baalke can do better than Tramaine Brock, I also don't think he's starter material he was better when he was coming in on certain packages. I wanna see Keith Reaser get his shot or even Dontae Johnson, changes need to be made.

You can change the players all you want,they are not the big problem,the problem is with the DC.
The offensive line is a sieve, the defense can't generate a pass rush which exposes our porous secondary, and our QB gets rattled way too easily. Time to start scouting heavily for a complete rebuild. Way to go, Baalke and Jed! What a great backup plan to actually being a legit NFL team!
It's all very disappointing and you'd have to know the usual suspects would be having a great time with their 'I told you so's' this morning. Oh well. I guess I'm glad someone is having a good day. Whatever floats their boat.

I haven't lost all hope, but you have to feel like we're in for a long season here.
Originally posted by rdc1:
Interesting comments from the Arizona DB that came up with 2 interceptions. He said that the 49er passing game has been reduced so much that it is easy to predict routes.

Looks like history repeating itself, the last time Chryst was an OC he had Ryan Leaf as a QB, now he has Kap playing like Ryan Leaf.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm are you on to something here? could be,I do remember Leaf playing like this when he played.
Have to agree with Marvin on this one. The only positives I could find out of this game include Hyde, Armstead and Hayne and the Aussie only had one good play. Thought I should point out the individuals who actually graded out positively yesterday, they include:

DE Arik Armstead (+1.7)
DE Quinton Dial (+1.0)
LT Joe Staley (+1.0)
TE Garrett Celek (+0.9)
CB Dontae Johnson (+0.9)

Food for thought. Are these guys grades being dragged into the mud because of the awfulness of some of their teammates?

On Kaepernick, yesterdays performance was so bad the 49ers might want to add some more QB's to the scouting department's list for next season. Colin is now four years in and to have coaches (still) saying they need to simplify the playbook while he goes out and plays so inconsistently is starting to wear thin. He's always had the potential and work effort but something just never seems to click on a consistent basis. If the guy wasn't getting paid as much as he is you might be able to excuse performances like yesterdays.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 28, 2015 at 10:26 AM ]
It's a sad day when losing by 2 or 3 touchdowns is looked upon as a step in the positive direction.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,098
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just think Baalke can do better than Tramaine Brock, I also don't think he's starter material he was better when he was coming in on certain packages. I wanna see Keith Reaser get his shot or even Dontae Johnson, changes need to be made.

You can change the players all you want,they are not the big problem,the problem is with the DC.

So at what point in time do the players start deserving blame??

Btw Brock has been mediocre with Fangio too.
We lack speed with our CBs to cover vertical threats adequately. We try to compensate and it leaves a lot of room on the short to medium areas.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 28, 2015 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Here comes. Like a little kid......I told you so. I told you so. Well we told you so! That the Niners would destroy the Vikings and ap. I'm sure you didn't agree. Anyways it's kinda annoying after two games we were EXPECTED to lose on the road with 3 backup o lineman and so on, to have the I told you so people come in and say exactly that.

Truth is this team still has a very talented roster with more pro bowlers than most teams in the NFL. We just couldn't predict Aldon Anthony Davis being gone as well as Kilgore not being back. It has severely hampered this team.

More Pro Bowlers than MOST teams in the NFL? Surely you jest.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We lack speed with our CBs to cover vertical threats adequately. We try to compensate and it leaves a lot of room on the short to medium areas.

The lack of speed on defense (secondary specifically) was very alarming the last two days. You've got guys just running free on verts and then when we did soften up they where just running away horizontally.
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 33,332
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just think Baalke can do better than Tramaine Brock, I also don't think he's starter material he was better when he was coming in on certain packages. I wanna see Keith Reaser get his shot or even Dontae Johnson, changes need to be made.

You can change the players all you want,they are not the big problem,the problem is with the DC.

I'm very disappointed in Mangini's showing thus far. He schooled a 2nd year QB, then has gotten schooled by two vets.
Been waiting on this thread. Thanks Marvin. So many great points you made and I think many of us are feeling this way.

I can't patiently wait on the film thread now to get another look at what was going on.
They really do need to make some adjustments on the line quick. This line is not working. It is going to hurt our most prized offensive player Hyde. I would hate to see Hyde go through what Gore did, wasting his prime years behind a s**t Oline and being handed the ball by scared QB always depending on him to make something out of nothing.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone