There are 278 users in the forums

Time to Retool – 2015 Outlook

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by JohnMatrix:
People seem to think Boone would automatically make this great tackle. I would be as happy as anyone if he was, but I don't know how we can just assume he would be.

His trainer, LeCharles Bentley, for years trained him to be a T and felt and still feels, by far, he is suited for T and not just b/c of his height, athleticism, etc. Unfortunately, all we had for him at that time was RG and he's been there ever since. I get the impression HE wants to be a T too...where the big-$ is.

It's not out of the blue! He subbed for Staley and played very well a couple of years ago.

He shut down Callais Campbell in his first stint at tackle and I forgot the team it was against the second time he moved to tackle but it was against a decent defensive player as well… JPP maybe?

Staley is getting older. He'd be best served against the 2nd best pass rusher and playing on his right side... his strong side.
Agree

Whenever Boone subbed at LT he did well AND that was without practice at the position. I feel if had a full TC and preseason, he'd be a top tier LT.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree

Whenever Boone subbed at LT he did well AND that was without practice at the position. I feel if had a full TC and preseason, he'd be a top tier LT.

For sure!
You guys seem pretty confident. Hopefully you're right.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
People seem to think Boone would automatically make this great tackle. I would be as happy as anyone if he was, but I don't know how we can just assume he would be.

His trainer, LeCharles Bentley, for years trained him to be a T and felt and still feels, by far, he is suited for T and not just b/c of his height, athleticism, etc. Unfortunately, all we had for him at that time was RG and he's been there ever since. I get the impression HE wants to be a T too...where the big-$ is.

It's not out of the blue! He subbed for Staley and played very well a couple of years ago.

He shut down Callais Campbell in his first stint at tackle and I forgot the team it was against the second time he moved to tackle but it was against a decent defensive player as well… JPP maybe?
Robert Quinn.
Maybe we have open competition on the O-line also? Let Alex Boone get work at LT, RT, and RG. Let Joe Staley get work at LT and RT. Anthony Davis at RT and RG. Daniel Kilgore and Marcus Martin at center, and Joe Looney and Brandon Thomas at LG. I'm honestly perfect fine with who we have currently on our O-line going into 2015. I'd only like to add in a veteran tackle and perhaps one late draft pick to the mix.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
I'd build the offense around Hyde. Make our 1st round WR pick this year a consistent target for Kaep.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Maybe we have open competition on the O-line also? Let Alex Boone get work at LT, RT, and RG. Let Joe Staley get work at LT and RT. Anthony Davis at RT and RG. Daniel Kilgore and Marcus Martin at center, and Joe Looney and Brandon Thomas at LG. I'm honestly perfect fine with who we have currently on our O-line going into 2015. I'd only like to add in a veteran tackle and perhaps one late draft pick to the mix.

Mark me down for a coordinator who will be more flexible. I want rather more than you in the draft though.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
i'd love if we agressively traded into the 1st round once more and draft 2 stud WRs this year
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Mark me down for a coordinator who will be more flexible. I want rather more than you in the draft though.

Mark me down for ANY HC/OC who's willing to make ONE personnel move when a player REALLY struggles and is hurting the team and getting our QB murdered.
Originally posted by Kuya:
i'd love if we agressively traded into the 1st round once more and draft 2 stud WRs this year

Easier said than done. We only need one though!

You guys seem pretty confident. Hopefully you're right.

Have faith Faithful.
Share 49ersWebzone