There are 174 users in the forums

Does the league have something against us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
All the bad calls lately? The SB calls with holding on Crabs, the player pushing a ref and there's no calls or flags, holding on Bruce Miller...
Brooks getting fined on top of the bogus call that could have cost us the game. It just seems like lately they have been picking on us and letting the other teams win.

I mean the SB was so lame and disgusting because we know how cute of a story it is for Ray Lewis to go out on top. It's like when Seattle lost to Pittsburgh in the SB because they wanted Jermoe Bettis to go out on top. I HATE Seattle and glad they lost but that SB was so rigged!

What do you guys think? too much favoritism in this league?
Nah. Sometimes the bad breaks line up all at once. And if our offense wasn't so effing pathetic the bad breaks wouldn't be having such a negative impact on the Win column.
Law of averages... 2011 we got every break in the world and won all the close games and got all of the calls, turnovers and injury luck.

2012 the turnover margin evened out but we still got lucky with injuries compared to other teams, still got a lot of good calls and noncalls.

2013 the law of averages in full effect, injuries are taking their toll, refs arent giving us any calls and making horrible non-calls every game.

Lets face it... all of our luck with turnovers and the refs headed to the northwest. They are getting the luck, the turnovers, and the calls in their favor. But its gonna even out for them too.

We wanted the #1 seed, but we arent gonna get it however it would be idiotic to write off the niners just cause its gonna be a wildcard team. We have a great defense and can run the ball, time and time again that formula has proven to make allot of noise and break allot of hearts come playoff time.
NFCCG - Bradshaw fumble; same exact play occured in the Superbowl = fumble
Superbowl - P.I. on Culliver (and only Culliver), blatant holdings (tackles) on ST and in EZ, non-PF calls on their DB for shovering a ref, launching of the crown of the helmet up into the facemask of Crabtree, etc. Sports Science episode on it.
Saints - "For the first time in my LIFE, I heard a ref call a penalty for hitting someone in the neck. Are you freaking KIDDING ME?"

Typically, poor calls "even out" but unfortunately for us, these ones contributed to not going to a Superbowl, not winning one and may contribute to not even making the playoffs. I'm still waiting for these ones to even out. I know we had one in the GB Catch 2.0 game but that was 100 years ago.

Sadly, when two great teams are matched up, one single call or non-call CAN be the differernce in the game. Too bad. What can you do?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
some things are not worth answering unless the question is " why on earth does it seem like fans of other teams think 49er fans whine all the time" blaming the refs is a built in excuse to shift the focus from the players and coaches taking responsibility for their own poor play and poor coaching. i think you will find in every loss we have had in the last year plus, for every "controversial call" you will find a trail of bad play, mistakes and horrid coaching that were the big factors in the loss.. however if it makes you feel better to think a ref is in the 6th floor of the book store and another ref is in the grassy knoll and another stole the brain of ck,, knock yourself out
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Superbowl - P.I. on Culliver (and only Culliver), blatant holdings (tackles) on ST and in EZ, non-PF calls on their DB for shovering a ref, launching of the crown of the helmet up into the facemask of Crabtree, etc. Sports Science episode on it.
Saints - "For the first time in my LIFE, I heard a ref call a penalty for hitting someone in the neck. Are you freaking KIDDING ME?"

Typically, poor calls "even out" but unfortunately for us, these ones contributed to not going to a Superbowl, not winning one and may contribute to not even making the playoffs. I'm still waiting for these ones to even out. I know we had one in the GB Catch 2.0 game but that was 100 years ago.

Sadly, when two great teams are matched up, one single call or non-call CAN be the differernce in the game. Too bad. What can you do?
you can call good plays on second and third down and play to what the team does best so it does not come down to a fourth down alleged bad call on a ball that was not catchable in the first place in my opinion. i can not believe you actually think bad calls prevented us from what you just said. do you not believe in holding the players and coaches accountable?
All I know is that I'm thirsty for a run of well played complete football games by my team, while leaving a trail of the opposing teams' body parts in our wake. I'm frustrated and pi$$ed off.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
All I know is that I'm thirsty for a run of well played complete football games by my team, while leaving a trail of the opposing teams' body parts in our wake. I'm frustrated and pi$$ed off.

I would settle for 1st downs on two consecutive plays.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
it would be nice to get a blowout monday but after all that has taken place and the way the team is playing,,,, any win, regardless of the margin would be nice. the team needs to have a little faith restored in themselves. the coaches also need to show the players they have faith in them. telling them they are not good enough to get a yard on fourth and goal from the one is right up there with mooch taking a knee vs tampa in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

I would settle for 1st downs on two consecutive plays.
i would settle for not having to call a time out on the second play of the game

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:

you can call good plays on second and third down and play to what the team does best so it does not come down to a fourth down alleged bad call on a ball that was not catchable in the first place in my opinion. i can not believe you actually think bad calls prevented us from what you just said. do you not believe in holding the players and coaches accountable?

This is where you may miss the boat a little. Nobody is dismissing the fact that poor calls can be overcome or that it should not come down to this. But in the real world, why SHOULD a team have to overcome such odds? The game is hard enough, whether they fully excecute or not. And guess what, in each of these games I just so happen to reference we lost by ONE FG. That means the other team ALSO has areas they aren't executing to their fullest. But what's the deciding factor when it's all said and done? One team had to overcome a critical call at a critical juncture of the game (all 3 in the final minutes of the game) and one did not. It's that simple. When there is only a few minutes left in the game, it's pretty hard to overcome a critical call, isn't it? In the real world, these calls are absolutely DEFLATING. This isn't Madden here. Go watch the interview with Brooks/Bowman. "You do everything you can...for nothing." ~ Bowman

Do we have the talent to not make ANY of this an issue? Sure...but so does the other team.

You and I agree that HaRoMan probably have one of, if not THE most talented and deep rosters in the entire NFL and it should never come down to a "judgment call" at critical junctures of the game. Never. So lets just agree to disagree on this one, my friend.

And for the record, no I do not believe the NFL is conspiring against us...but I'm sure our past ownership reputation and current coach isn't helping matters any either. That said, there does seem to be some serious difficulty with West Coast teams and their "luck" in Superbowls. LMAO
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM ]
LOL. wow and you wonder why other fans call us whiners!

Look bad calls are human error. it's a part of the game.

WE PUT OURSLEVES IN THOSE POSITIONS!!!!

The Super Bowl. Yeah was holding, but why didn't we run the ball when the ravens couldn't stop us. Why did Cully fall down all over the place and let Jones look great.

Saints game. The lack of QB awareness hurt us. Sorry but hiking the ball with 1 second left everytime is the advantage for the D. All they have to do is stack up in the box, and our O-line will get destroyed. That ties into play calling. Need to pass more. Screens, cuts, etc.

It's on the team not on the refs. So let's say we get the ball back after the Brees sack. I highly doubt we score. We could not run the ball worth a damn in the 4th qrtr. Snyder was geting blown up, o-line was slow off the ball (but that's going to happen when u keep hiking the ball with 1 second left)

STOP THE b***hING!!!!!! We beat ourselves. We put ourselves in these positions. Look at everytime we get into the redzone and can't convert, and kick FG's.
I also hate to say it but if you think the NFL is out to get us try being a Raider fan.. that's painful. Sorry but nothing compares to the Tuck rule
These threads have to stop. It's not a conspiracy against the 49ers.
They call us whiners cause it rhymes with niners duh
And we always get tons if calls against us

The catch 2 was the biggest call in out favor
But I remember getting screwed time and time again every time we played the packers

We got screwed in the 80s and where robbed of our perfect season
We were screwed the last SB, east coast bias
Share 49ersWebzone