LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Truth is.... We're just not good enough...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Hate to say it folks.. We're just not good enough to compete for a championship this year. The offense IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.. Plane and simple. The defense is really good, not great but really good. But the offense just isn't getting it done. We need more play makers on offense and possibly a new offensive scheme. Sooo yea. Until we address our issues, more pass rush, more WR's, better offensive philosophy then we will continue to just be good enough to beat the bad teams and lose to the elite..

They're good enough to compete... but every team competes. Teams can get hot when it most counts. Will we? probably not.. but they just have to get their foot in the door of the playoffs. Once that happens, hey, ya just never know...
Originally posted by SofaKing:
2nd week in a row we were held under 200 yards total offense. Not since the '07 season has that happened.

3.7 yards per pass....3.5 yards per play.

These are hideous numbers. Truly horrific.

Roman is fat Hostler.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
I remember the Baltimore Ravens were having a similar problem around this time last year. Then they fired Cam Cameron, their OC, and started winning winnable games to get their confidence back. Once they squared up with tough opponents, they used their momentum and aggressive attitude to punch teams in the mouth, and made an incredible run to the superbowl. The superbowl could have gone either way, but they definitely deserved to win.

Now back to our team, we look just as bad as they did last year around this time. But the only way for us to get back on our horse is to invoke some SERIOUS change. I'm looking at Roman, and maybe even Baalke with the way he brings in crap receivers and cuts talented players (Daniels, Cooper). I still like Baalke, but we need some serious change.

The same guy just dumped by Seattle? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME? You're going to cry about Baalke getting rid of a project QB that might never turn to be anything more than a CFL reject? Where's Nate Davis these days?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
we are good enough to beat teams with losing records . that is pretty sad. what was it,, negative 14 yards of offense in the fourth quarter. yesterday when some of us were expressing concern about the offense in the game day thread, we got made fun of. However after seeing another abysmal failure by roman and the offense vs a good team, are they still going to say we are "fine", they are just "bumps" in the road or the classic one....."once roman gets his head of out his ass:. jesus his head has been in his ass overall since the rams games last year. sure he takes it out once in a while to beat on a bad team but then he goes right back up the ass vs a good team. its not just offense though that is 85 per cent of it. at times we have breakdowns across the board and you saw them yesterday, special teams mistakes, piss poor pass protection, clock management. these are not bumps, its a consistent pattern with this team and the coaches. i hold out hope for a wild card berth but that is based on winning all games vs teams with bad records. a loss to a respectable redskins or cardinal team would seal our doom
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Dude seriously?? Am I not allowed to post a thread that I think is worth posting?? If so I'll PM you prior to posting anything emm k.. I'm just trying to discuss what's wrong with this team. If the Mods feel this isn't warranted then they can lock it up. Other than that leave me be.

do not take it hard, there are alot of bad bathwater drinkers here, yesterday i was actually told due to the fact that we have had success in the last two years under JH and roman,, i was quote"not allowed to question the offense until the off season". cciowa is not usually at a loss for words but that took the cake
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by barrymartin:
This offense is a one trick offense. Run the football on first down. If we gain 4-5 yards we're ok. After that the whole offense is "Remedial" as Trent Dilfer said.

and a one trick pony will only take you to a few towns( aka only allow you to beat teams with losing records)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
2nd week in a row we were held under 200 yards total offense. Not since the '07 season has that happened.

3.7 yards per pass....3.5 yards per play.

These are hideous numbers. Truly horrific.

and they won't change with roman
the same s**t has taken place in the four games we lost,,, what makes anyone possibly think roman will change or the offense will change vs good teams???
  • Chico
  • Veteran
ok, back to the topic!
Truth is we have the talent and all the pieces in place, even with our back up positions. This team is loaded with talent to win a SB. It all falls on the coaches and as we know now, Roman is the main problem. He looks like a genius when we win & a dumba$$ when we lose. He can not and will not succeed with our team. He's had 2-3 years to get this right and he still hasn't. It's time to cut the chords and find someone else!
Hate to say it folks.. We're just not good enough to compete for a championship this year. The offense IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.. Plane and simple. The defense is really good, not great but really good. But the offense just isn't getting it done. We need more play makers on offense and possibly a new offensive scheme. Sooo yea. Until we address our issues, more pass rush, more WR's, better offensive philosophy then we will continue to just be good enough to beat the bad teams and lose to the elite..

Doesn't matter.. All we need to do is get into the playoffs. Once there, anything can happen.
Call me crazy but I think we win our last 6 games.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
ok, back to the topic!
Truth is we have the talent and all the pieces in place, even with our back up positions. This team is loaded with talent to win a SB. It all falls on the coaches and as we know now, Roman is the main problem. He looks like a genius when we win & a dumba$$ when we lose. He can not and will not succeed with our team. He's had 2-3 years to get this right and he still hasn't. It's time to cut the chords and find someone else!

if they did not do it after he cost us the super bowl,, they will not do it now you can not get much worse then costing your team a chance to win a super bowl. our talent is also not playing up to their talent level, like aldon smith lately, the offensive line when it comes to pass blocking etc
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Crabs will be back this week. Then we'll come up with other excuses.

srs tho, playcalling and kap are to blame 100%.
What happened to all those "imaginative" running plays? The NFL figured it out and Roman couldn't adjust. Looking at the remainder of our schedule, we could easily be 10 and 6, if not 12 and 4, but that said, if the play-calling doesn't get better, we are one-and-done.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Crabs will be back this week. Then we'll come up with other excuses.

srs tho, playcalling and kap are to blame 100%.

100% truth!
This season, we are NOT good enough - Period!

We have the talent for sure. Kap is damn good but, IMO is being set up to fail by the play calling.

I don't know if JH overrides Roman when plays are called which may slow the process down to a crawl. Is this the reason Kap is very often so close to apenalty for delay of game?

Or is it just Roman switching it up at the line of scrimmage.

We're a damn good team but this season, not good enough.
Share 49ersWebzone