LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Truth is.... We're just not good enough...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hate to say it folks.. We're just not good enough to compete for a championship this year. The offense IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.. Plane and simple. The defense is really good, not great but really good. But the offense just isn't getting it done. We need more play makers on offense and possibly a new offensive scheme. Sooo yea. Until we address our issues, more pass rush, more WR's, better offensive philosophy then we will continue to just be good enough to beat the bad teams and lose to the elite..
This definitely needed to be its own thread.
The truth is we have one nfl receiver and some broke down pt cruisers.
Originally posted by Niners99:

I think it did junior Mod...
The Truth is fictional.
Originally posted by jays9ers:

Theres about 1000 comments just like yours in other threads. Your opinion is not special. Nobody cares.
We need a new offensive scheme. Roman has been simply adequate at best. My guess is he gets through this season and then is let go.

Kaep needs to progress and become a better passer, but I think he is severely limited by what Roman wants him to do. The Niners seem to run a lot of clearout type routes and if the primary read isn't there, there aren't many other places to go with the ball. Teams have adjusted to this and shut down the passing offense.

There is also the fact that the offensive line's pass blocking has taken a giant dump all over the field. Kaep has about 2 seconds each play to get rid of the ball. With the scheme the Niners are trying to run he needs at minimum one more second, but preferably 2. I blame that on Roman not realizing the limitations of the team, and not being able to put the team in a position to win.
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
We need a new offensive scheme. Roman has been simply adequate at best. My guess is he gets through this season and then is let go.

Kaep needs to progress and become a better passer, but I think he is severely limited by what Roman wants him to do. The Niners seem to run a lot of clearout type routes and if the primary read isn't there, there aren't many other places to go with the ball. Teams have adjusted to this and shut down the passing offense.

There is also the fact that the offensive line's pass blocking has taken a giant dump all over the field. Kaep has about 2 seconds each play to get rid of the ball. With the scheme the Niners are trying to run he needs at minimum one more second, but preferably 2. I blame that on Roman not realizing the limitations of the team, and not being able to put the team in a position to win.

spot on. I wish more newbs were like you...

Theres about 1000 comments just like yours in other threads. Your opinion is not special. Nobody cares.
Dude seriously?? Am I not allowed to post a thread that I think is worth posting?? If so I'll PM you prior to posting anything emm k.. I'm just trying to discuss what's wrong with this team. If the Mods feel this isn't warranted then they can lock it up. Other than that leave me be.
when you lose close games the difference is coaching

you lose by 1 to the panthers lose by 3 to the saints in new orleans

that means you're talented enough to win the games

the coach is the one who lost it and jim and greg has cost us 4 games now
so
it just is what it is

Originally posted by JoeBart324:

This offense is a one trick offense. Run the football on first down. If we gain 4-5 yards we're ok. After that the whole offense is "Remedial" as Trent Dilfer said.

Dude seriously?? Am I not allowed to post a thread that I think is worth posting?? If so I'll PM you prior to posting anything emm k.. I'm just trying to discuss what's wrong with this team. If the Mods feel this isn't warranted then they can lock it up. Other than that leave me be.

What would happen if everyone posted their thoughts in the form of a new thread though? Im not trying to be a dick, I just dont get why people think their specific opinion means more than the people keeping their thoughts in pre-existing threads.

What would happen if everyone posted their thoughts in the form of a new thread though? Im not trying to be a dick, I just dont get why people think their specific opinion means more than the people keeping their thoughts in pre-existing threads.

"We need to execute. Need to make plays".
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
"We need to execute. Need to make plays".

that's also a huge problem

the execution isn't the problem
the damn plays don't work
It was a fun 2 years with this personal, but it looks like it is heading to a downward spiral.
Share 49ersWebzone