LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Truth is.... We're just not good enough...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
I think we can all agree that this year is a slump/transition/learning year for the 49ers offense, therefore I have significantly lowered my season expectations. Last year, we couldn't win the Superbowl with Randy Moss, Crabtree and Delanie as weapons, so how could one even begin to think we have a chance this year? And unfortunately, there are no quick fixes.

Truth is, we are not going deep into the playoffs, maybe we'll win a wildcard game, but after that the defenses get really stiff and Harbaugh & Roman will have no answer.

With that said, I can honestly say that I'm excited about next season. I have faith in our coaching staff to revamp the offense. And I have no doubt that Kaep will work extra hard on his game, and actually go into the season with a chip on his shoulder, instead of carrying the burden of hype!

Meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy this crazy season because of course anything can happen, and it'll still be interesting to watch how this team finishes the season with their backs against the wall.

That is all.

Well said Verb
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I agree, I'm more looking forward to next season with injured players coming back and having another good draft. I'm rooting on may team this year don't get me wrong, but next year is when we'll make our move.
Threads like this attracts trolls!
I'm sure you could read the same thread on the Giants website in 2011 and the Ravens last year.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I agree, I'm more looking forward to next season with injured players coming back and having another good draft. I'm rooting on may team this year don't get me wrong, but next year is when we'll make our move.

To be honest, and if many look at my posts back around Aug., I figured this team wouldn't go back, period (only two teams in the Superbowl era have gone back again to have won it all, but that was in the early 70s). The next season has been inscribed in my brain as the year we're going back and winning it. I just have a 'feeling' in my gut about that 'new' stadium.

I think Kap is gonna take s**t more seriously this off-season, improve his game/mechanics, and we're gonna see the Cam Newton effect happen again.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Talent and depth-wise, we ARE Championship caliber. Coaching, scheme and development (maybe even mentally), we are not.

If it weren't for enthusiasm there wouldn't be anything to say good about the way this team has played this year past the first game. But with the inexperience at the QB position and the uncoordinated play it's not happening. When the niners did strike in a mid season crisis like this, we had Montana or Young. Right now that isn't the case. Maybe next year.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by mayo49:

To be honest, and if many look at my posts back around Aug., I figured this team wouldn't go back, period (only two teams in the Superbowl era have gone back again to have won it all, but that was in the early 70s). The next season has been inscribed in my brain as the year we're going back and winning it. I just have a 'feeling' in my gut about that 'new' stadium.

I think Kap is gonna take s**t more seriously this off-season, improve his game/mechanics, and we're gonna see the Cam Newton effect happen again.

Yeah it is looking bleak this year but a lot of football left. I agree 100% about next year
Share 49ersWebzone