LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

BREAKING NEWS: ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY JED YORK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Yes I am!!! Not quite as young as Aldon though.

I know old people with hardly any money who that applies to as well though. There's also lots of young rich superstars who can have a few drinks and be done.

i am sorry ! alot of young rich people probably have drivers to
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i think i saw that the nfl will probably suspend or fine him game checks when hes back. aldon might be done for the year or atleast a huge chunk of it

at this rate i think thats better then going to rehab coming back to play at some point this year only to miss game via a suspension next season. he basically has 2 suspension coming, the 1 from rehab and the 1 from the league, best to get it all out in 1 year IMO. this year is looking lost if we cant catch seattle anyways.
lost? dude its week 3. if we can beat the rams were 2-2 and we played arguable the hardest teams on our schedule already. anything can happen but the team has to adjust asap or itll be a long year

i know the word lost is seen as a bit harsh, but do the math, its sb or bust for this team, our div rival who is unbeatable at home is 2 games ahead of us. i'll watch us in the playoffs even if we're a wild card team but reality is we arent going to seattle and winning.
It's too bad some people can't have just a few drinks and be done. For people like Aldon it's either no drinks or way too many. I usually go out twice a week and have 2 or 3 beers and I'm done.

I'm the exact same way.....I either have to be totally sober OR drunk. I cannot get buzzed or a taste of alcohol. So Im not mad at Aldon nor I look down on him. I emphasize with him. He's not stupid, but he needs to see a bigger picture. Maybe he's not happy on the inside or maybe he's partying too much. Who knows, I much rather for him to get help rather than to continue down this constructive path....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
TBH, i dont think we see Aldon again this season. Hope im wrong, but i think he gets his s**t together this year, then comes back next season and sets the world on fire.
you may be right. i said 60 days yesterday and some pooh poohed that but this is serious s**t. plus when he comes back he could always be suspended by the niners or the nfl. you are right idaho, better prepare for the worst case.

Aldon will be back in 2-3 weeks. book it

Isaint it alteast a 30 day treatment?
i stand by 60 and then whats the use of bringing him back,, i think , no matter how well or poorly we are doing, he should focus on getting better and leave football alone.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
It's too bad some people can't have just a few drinks and be done. For people like Aldon it's either no drinks or way too many. I usually go out twice a week and have 2 or 3 beers and I'm done.

I'm the exact same way.....I either have to be totally sober OR drunk. I cannot get buzzed or a taste of alcohol. So Im not mad at Aldon nor I look down on him. I emphasize with him. He's not stupid, but he needs to see a bigger picture. Maybe he's not happy on the inside or maybe he's partying too much. Who knows, I much rather for him to get help rather than to continue down this constructive path....

Im the same way. Thats why i dont drink. I cant handle my liquor and i make poor decisions, well used to. Being sober is the only option for some people.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i know the word lost is seen as a bit harsh, but do the math, its sb or bust for this team, our div rival who is unbeatable at home is 2 games ahead of us. i'll watch us in the playoffs even if we're a wild card team but reality is we arent going to seattle and winning.

super bowl or bust may be a bit arrogant for us now,. lets deal with getting better, playing with some fire and get some wins. in my opinion we are basically back to ground zero and the way this team and coaches are acting and playing,, jim mora and playoffs just wants to leap out of my mouth

super bowl or bust may be a bit arrogant for us now,. lets deal with getting better, playing with some fire and get some wins. in my opinion we are basically back to ground zero and the way this team and coaches are acting and playing,, jim mora and playoffs just wants to leap out of my mouth

its sounds arrogant after getting our asses beat. 2 days ago it didnt sound so arrogant. a number of our best players are at or around 30 as they came from a previous regime, hate it or love it, its sb or bust for the core group and has been for a couple of seasons now.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by English:
Time to stop overreacting.

Is there a bigger group of crybabies/whiners than 49er fans???

a whiner is someone who blames the refs,, a person who has what they think are legit concerns about this team and coaches is a good fan. i would like to think most people are not turning a blind eye into what has been taking place off the field, on the field and with the overall listless lethargic body language of the players and coaches. I noted that yesterday, this team looks and plays like it is lost. that is not a observation from a crybaby or whiner in my opinion

Only if the shoe fits do you wear it.
i think i saw that the nfl will probably suspend or fine him game checks when hes back. aldon might be done for the year or atleast a huge chunk of it

at this rate i think thats better then going to rehab coming back to play at some point this year only to miss game via a suspension next season. he basically has 2 suspension coming, the 1 from rehab and the 1 from the league, best to get it all out in 1 year IMO. this year is looking lost if we cant catch seattle anyways.
lost? dude its week 3. if we can beat the rams were 2-2 and we played arguable the hardest teams on our schedule already. anything can happen but the team has to adjust asap or itll be a long year

no one though alex could out duel drew brees or that we would suddenly own green bay with both alex and kap the last few years but its happened. if were in the dance i like our chances. by then we will have two of our starting receivers back from last year and injured players returning to the fold including the rookies we havent seen yet. dial is a monster and so is tank. ill be concerned if we drop the next game and the one after that for sure but right now were not in too bad shape. . we played 3 excellent teams so far and we lost two. the score doesnt matter, just get a win and were even at 2-2 looking at a much friendlier schedule in the weeks to come
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I don't think less of him or anyone else like that. It just sucks. I like beer and alcohol and lucky for me I can stop after a couple. For special occasions like weddings or reunions I'll get drunk as f**k. Going to Tahoe for a bachelor party next Wednesday, then Sac on Thursday, then Angels Camp for a couple nights and I'll probably be drunk the whole time but I won't be driving.

no one though alex could out duel drew brees or that we would suddenly own green bay with both alex and kap the last few years but its happened. if were in the dance i like our chances. by then we will have two of our starting receivers back from last year and injured players returning to the fold including the rookies we havent seen yet. dial is a monster and so is tank. ill be concerned if we drop the next game and the one after that for sure but right now were not in too bad shape. . we played 3 excellent teams so far and we lost two. the score doesnt matter, just get a win and were even at 2-2 looking at a much friendlier schedule in the weeks to come

i disagree on a few thing, i dont view the colts as great. i also disagree with the rosey picture painted of getting later into the year and rookies who didnt have a camp being meaningful contributers coming off of serious injuries. yes currently injured players will come back later in the year, but thats also assuming nobody else gets hurt in the mean time. the best case scenario angle in the nfl rarely plays out.
Personally he should be in a 90 day rehab center and should be suspended for 4 games. There is no excuse to drive drunk, granted you got 1 DUI , all can be forgotten then you got a second one and this one was so bad that ur foot was still on the gas pedal and he was knocked out.
what if he would of killed a family? or a young kid going to work? Some of these stars sometimes feel they are invisible to the laws.
ZERO tolerance should be made for situations like these in the NFL . He makes enough money to pay a cab to take him anywhere.. Absolutely NO remorse for him.
I wish him well but he shouldnt be playing in 2013/2014.

i disagree on a few thing, i dont view the colts as great. i also disagree with the rosey picture painted of getting later into the year and rookies who didnt have a camp being meaningful contributers coming off of serious injuries. yes currently injured players will come back later in the year, but thats also assuming nobody else gets hurt in the mean time. the best case scenario angle in the nfl rarely plays out.

i think the colts have a great offense and their defense isnt the best but its decent. i would say luck is one of the best qbs we face this year though. dial and tank were awesome in school and tank wouldve gone super early in the draft if he was healthy. dial dropped because he was an a*****e lol. i think these kind of guys can come in a make their presence felt. especially on a team like ours with so many probowl guys around them. injuries happen but we cant do anything about them so im not gonna sit here and cry about it. its football.
Get well Aldon. We will need you when Tank Carradine starts playing.
As badly as I want the Hawks to win the NFC West. I'd prefer it to be over a healthy (mentally and physically) Niners team. Hopefully Aldon figures his stuff out soon, and I'm glad the Niners org is taking him out in the mean time. DUIs are very serious, especially to anyone who has been personally effected by one.
Share 49ersWebzone