LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

BREAKING NEWS: ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY JED YORK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's too bad some people can't have just a few drinks and be done. For people like Aldon it's either no drinks or way too many. I usually go out twice a week and have 2 or 3 beers and I'm done.
I have to say this is pretty much a lost season for Aldon. The report said he'll be going to this facility for several weeks so that's anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks or even longer. We'll see what Lemoneir can do.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by crabman82:
he goes to rehab and gets better then comes back to serve suspension, what a s**t show.

he put that s**t show on himself and he was the star,, you wanna play the game you need to know the rules luv. you never get better in rehab,. you get clean and then its a constant battle every day to stay that way. for a young man with alot of money, that will be double tough for him. you do know this is not simple outpatient surgery right?

i know all about alcoholism, i used to be one. i still drink every now and again, mainly during sporting events. i didnt go to rehab, i toughened up mentally and rehabbed at home, didnt take very long for me, but i also know not a lot of people wouldnt by pass rehab to do it at home. he has a long road ahead of him.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Sep 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Aldon will be back in 2-3 weeks. book it
i just am not sure about that. again hope you are right but if they are serious and if he going to a serious place it may be 30 days at least
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i know all about alcoholism, i used to be one. i still drink every now and again, mainly during sporting events. i didnt go to rehab, i toughened up mentally and rehabbed at home, didnt take very long for me, but i also know not a lot of people wouldnt by pass rehab to do it at home. he has a long road ahead of him.

esp if he wants to get clean and sober and stay that way, which means never touching another drop of booze, plus as we all know there were pills involved to, so that may make his detox and rehab a bit more problematic
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
It's too bad some people can't have just a few drinks and be done. For people like Aldon it's either no drinks or way too many. I usually go out twice a week and have 2 or 3 beers and I'm done.

but you are not young and a superstar with alot of money and leeches
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I have to say this is pretty much a lost season for Aldon. The report said he'll be going to this facility for several weeks so that's anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks or even longer. We'll see what Lemoneir can do.

maybe my 60 day is not so far out. on a side note, wonder if they bring someone in to back up the lemon man and skuta? i guess aldon is on some type of a list? unable to perform? in active?

being a drunk and having daily hangover is a way of life for some people, i know quite a few, difference is they dont drive. he might drink too much, he might not, but the real problem is his dumb decision making process.
Nfl.com reported hes getting put on the non football injury list.
i think i saw that the nfl will probably suspend or fine him game checks when hes back. aldon might be done for the year or atleast a huge chunk of it

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think i saw that the nfl will probably suspend or fine him game checks when hes back. aldon might be done for the year or atleast a huge chunk of it

at this rate i think thats better then going to rehab coming back to play at some point this year only to miss game via a suspension next season. he basically has 2 suspension coming, the 1 from rehab and the 1 from the league, best to get it all out in 1 year IMO. this year is looking lost if we cant catch seattle anyways.

but you are not young and a superstar with alot of money and leeches

Yes I am!!! Not quite as young as Aldon though.

I know old people with hardly any money who that applies to as well though. There's also lots of young rich superstars who can have a few drinks and be done.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Is he going to rehab for drinking or drugs? Everyone drinks and smokes weed, just seems kind of stupid

Not everyone gets two dui, a possesion charge, two car accidents, a bar fight, and have a party where there is a stabbing and a shootout, in less than a two year timespan. (probably other things i am forgetting as well)

Aldon is making the right decision. Im proud of him TBH.

Aldon didn't have weed

I missed that report, Thanks for correcting. I had kinda purged this event out of my consideration. All the other things happened though.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
TBH, i dont think we see Aldon again this season. Hope im wrong, but i think he gets his s**t together this year, then comes back next season and sets the world on fire.
you may be right. i said 60 days yesterday and some pooh poohed that but this is serious s**t. plus when he comes back he could always be suspended by the niners or the nfl. you are right idaho, better prepare for the worst case.

Aldon will be back in 2-3 weeks. book it

Isaint it alteast a 30 day treatment?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

at this rate i think thats better then going to rehab coming back to play at some point this year only to miss game via a suspension next season. he basically has 2 suspension coming, the 1 from rehab and the 1 from the league, best to get it all out in 1 year IMO. this year is looking lost if we cant catch seattle anyways.
lost? dude its week 3. if we can beat the rams were 2-2 and we played arguable the hardest teams on our schedule already. anything can happen but the team has to adjust asap or itll be a long year
Share 49ersWebzone