There are 162 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Harbaughs first coaching error of the day was not Sitting Aldon like he did Dobbs last year.

Cut Marlon Moore, now. Put in Chuck Jacobs, Quinton Patton and Baldwin.

Then after that, make Kaepernick switch to his left so he can throw slow enough passes for his own guys to catch.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
What happened to "QB's force their receivers open" I kept hearing when Smith was the QB?

Man, what a disaster. It's both saddening and somewhat personally gratifying to see everything I called last year after the QB switch, and during the offseason, come to pass.

Kap has changed the way we play DEFENSE. They are already tired after 3 games. Smith kept the defense fresh with a mistake free ball control offense.

We have regressed as a team, PERIOD. We've let core players go, thinking they could be easily replaced. No they can't.

We chose the wrong QB. See the Superbowl if you want anymore proof other than the last 2 terrible performances by Kap. Everyone forgets the terrible performances he had during the season last year. He had truly horrid games. Yup, he had a nice post season run, I'll give him that, but outside of those two games, he's was not an improvement over Smith in any way, shape, or form. Better stats? Sure. Better team chemistry? Nope. He's not a leader. The veterans protested the move, does anyone recall this?

We still need a legitimate pocket passing WC QB. We had one, but we traded him. That's a major setback.

And now the one everyone kept bashing me about - Karma. Harbaugh lied to the team, and stabbed Smith in the back. He led Smith to believe that he was going to be given a fair shot to keep his job. He was coaxed back twice by Harbaugh himself. In the end, Harbaugh stuck that knife right in and Smith haters rejoiced. But Karma has a way of coming back.

I'll end it by saying what I've been saying. We will not win a Superbowl with Harbaugh as head coach and Kapow as our starting QB. There are various reasons for this, but I won't get into them now, all you gotta do is watch the games and see how Harbaugh handles the team. I hope I'm wrong, goodness I hope I am. But so far I haven't been.

I love my Niners, but I won't live in denial.

well in these two seasons and this third one...these losses HAVE HAPPENED even with smith...its just that its twice in a row...we are underestimating how much this offense still needs to figure out some things...WE WILL GET IT!!!

go niners
It is DEFINITELY time to bring back either TO, Brandon Lloyd, or Randy Moss
lol

Just got back home from the Stick. And all I have to say is:

LOL

Niners, wtf happened?
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Harbaughs first coaching error of the day was not Sitting Aldon like he did Dobbs last year.

That's far from a coaching error, if you want to call it a moral error- be my guest. But a good coach doesn't sit his best pass rusher, let alone arguably the best pass rusher in the league.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If only Jimmy Raye was our OC again, we would have pounded it down the Colts throat

No kidding... Gore - 11/82... Mostly in the first half. Because when the score is 10-7 you have to go into pass happy mode. When it's painfully obvious the WRs can't get open and if/when they do, Kaep can't hit them.
Originally posted by niners94:
The Young and Montana comparison never stopped.

Which is reasonable, being that Joe won four titles. Smith made a single conference championship game. Of course, Kaep took half a season and turned it into a deep playoff run. Maybe I'm splitting hairs.
These guys just seem so far away from the team that beat the Saints in the playoffs.
[ Edited by NinerPrideinNJ on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM ]
it's time activate harper and baldwin. we need fcking receivers!!!

Wonderful afternoon at the stick...great weather...Andrew Luck back in the Bay Area...Aldon's hangover wearing off...Jerry Rice still has legs!...Stubby & BY in attendance...too bad the current team and coaches didn't show.
Seattle's back up scores more points than kaeperslump and less ints. Jax out scores the measly 3 the niners put up in the same setting. Better team?!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
lol

Just got back home from the Stick. And all I have to say is:

LOL

Niners, wtf happened?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If only Jimmy Raye was our OC again, we would have pounded it down the Colts throat
Gotta be bad if we're wishing for Jimmy Raye's return
They need to start giving Crabtree some HGH, cut Moore, start Patton, and trade for Gordon.
Share 49ersWebzone