LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bow Run? →

There are 145 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm wondering if we should try to trade a draft pick for a decent NFL receiver?
Originally posted by baltien:
It's only pointless to teams that don't have them.

I love my niners, but this loss should serve as a wake up call. This loss should humble this team. IMO they just don't look hungry anymore. They're playing like fat cats. This team has been overexposed since the SB.
Originally posted by pc747df:
Those jumping off the Kaep bandwagon so quickly, he beat quality teams last year, he went head to head in the air against arguably one of the best qbs in the game in Aaron Rodgers and came up a winner. Kaep didnt just forget how to play qb. Yes he made some bad calls but he is pressing because the coaches poor game plan plus not having quality wrs that people fear. Other than Boldin who strikes fear in the D. Defenses doubles Boldin and dares the other wrs to step up which they haven't. This again is where the coaches have to stop being stuck in their ways and make changes. We do not have the weapons on the outside to run the spread offense so we go to our bread and butter power run with quick dumps offs (WCO). If the coaches are not willing to do that then all the blame can not go on kaep. Now if kaep was making bad decisions and throwing picks left and right I would agree but Kaep has been accurate considering what he is having to deal with.

Yeah, Sherman was terrified of Boldin.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
What happened to "QB's force their receivers open" I kept hearing when Smith was the QB?

Man, what a disaster. It's both saddening and somewhat personally gratifying to see everything I called last year after the QB switch, and during the offseason, come to pass.

Kap has changed the way we play DEFENSE. They are already tired after 3 games. Smith kept the defense fresh with a mistake free ball control offense.

We have regressed as a team, PERIOD. We've let core players go, thinking they could be easily replaced. No they can't.

We chose the wrong QB. See the Superbowl if you want anymore proof other than the last 2 terrible performances by Kap. Everyone forgets the terrible performances he had during the season last year. He had truly horrid games. Yup, he had a nice post season run, I'll give him that, but outside of those two games, he's was not an improvement over Smith in any way, shape, or form. Better stats? Sure. Better team chemistry? Nope. He's not a leader. The veterans protested the move, does anyone recall this?

We still need a legitimate pocket passing WC QB. We had one, but we traded him. That's a major setback.

And now the one everyone kept bashing me about - Karma. Harbaugh lied to the team, and stabbed Smith in the back. He led Smith to believe that he was going to be given a fair shot to keep his job. He was coaxed back twice by Harbaugh himself. In the end, Harbaugh stuck that knife right in and Smith haters rejoiced. But Karma has a way of coming back.

I'll end it by saying what I've been saying. We will not win a Superbowl with Harbaugh as head coach and Kapow as our starting QB. There are various reasons for this, but I won't get into them now, all you gotta do is watch the games and see how Harbaugh handles the team. I hope I'm wrong, goodness I hope I am. But so far I haven't been.

I love my Niners, but I won't live in denial.

Good post, thanks

I agree strongly with the bolded.

I disagree with the last part "We will not win a Superbowl with Harbaugh as head coach and Kapow as our starting QB". Last year we were very close... 1 & goal to win the SB, remember that. Despite JH's dumbass decision to change the QB in the middle of the season, when everything was going smoothly.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by SolAsch24:
We BADLY need a wide receiver that can get open and catch the ball. We also need to get another pass rusher.

Re-sign Brandon Lloyd

You understand one of the main criticisms of Llpyd, among many, is that he can't get separation?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by SolAsch24:
We BADLY need a wide receiver that can get open and catch the ball. We also need to get another pass rusher.

Re-sign Brandon Lloyd

You understand one of the main criticisms of Llpyd, among many, is that he can't get separation?

I hear he's slower than a Zombie these days........
Share 49ersWebzone