There are 232 users in the forums

Regarding other teams targeting Kaep to injure him this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by strickac:
Baltimore roughed him up in the Super Bowl. It worked then. So why should teams do anything different this year?

If by "it worked then," you mean they allowed over 300 yards passing, a hundred yard rusher and Kaepernick rushing for over 60 yards, than I agree. Is that what you mean by "it worked?"
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Baltimore roughed him up in the Super Bowl. It worked then. So why should teams do anything different this year?

If by "it worked then," you mean they allowed over 300 yards passing, a hundred yard rusher and Kaepernick rushing for over 60 yards, than I agree. Is that what you mean by "it worked?"

This. We got off to a terrible start but Kap dominated them the 2nd half
  • Disp
  • Veteran

Yeah the whole "Baltimore showed what to do against the SF offense" makes no sense to me. It's like people forget that the Niners offense had 500 yards, 31 points, and were almost unstoppable in the second half.
I would do the same thing... It's football
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

This. We got off to a terrible start but Kap dominated them the 2nd half

true but I have no clue what that poster said when he said ck got roughed up and it worked. when did that happen? the whole team was awful after that first penalty was called on us until they righted the ship in the second half. of course roman would not allow the team to win at the end but thats a whole other story
I find it interesting that guys like Clay Steroids will come out and publicly say they are targeting Kaep and trying to injure him. The 49ers can easily return the gesture and do stuff like what Joe Looney did against the Vikings. They could be even more blatant and have guys hold up Clay Steroids and then have another OLineman dive into his knees and tear up his ACL.

I wonder how happy the Packers and their fans would be if the 49ers returned their gesture of trying to injure players. Me thinks they'd be quite upset and it wouldn't be so funny anymore.
I think Harbaugh might be talking about the rule to throw GB a curveball. I could see a gameplan without any read-option plays at all.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
A lot of talk from a few teams like Green Bay (Clay Mathews) and Seattle making it loud and clear they are going to try and hurt Kaep and take him out of the game.

Harbaugh has gone to the league with the issue, because its real.

Fine.

I say we turn the Oline loose and start breaking as many legs as we can right out of the gate. Let them fine us. Big deal.

Most importantly, end the careers of as many of these loud mouthed punk Seahawks the entire country now despises, and their punk fan base.

Then win the Superbowl. Some years require a little....punch. As seen when Kevin Gogan was wiping out people who went punk.

I want to see 30 point victories and entire defenses taken out.

Punks

Yeah, break some legs!! Especially Buffalo since they're huge rivals.

BUFFALO!

This thread is too f**king much, it needs to be tagged or something, I can't stop laughing at all these responses.
Wrong thread
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM ]
Their left tackle is a rookie who was drafted to slowly move into right tackle. Their right tackle is a guy with four games experience. It will be very ironic after all this tough talk if Rodgers is the one who gets knocked around. On defense, I expect Dom Capers to bring the house and try to get to Kaepernick, but that's what he did last time. Every time a blitzer ran past him, Kaepernick gouged them for 15 or 20 yards. They'll probably try blitzing again, but not run man coverage.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Only way to stop him is to bounty his ass lol. I love every minute of being Niner fan these days. Remember when we used to be afraid of the Packers?? lololol. i f**kin love it.

LOL exactly. if that "worked" then dammit i hope every defense does that
Mooch was on the radio and according to him if the QB makes it evident he doesn't have the ball then he cannot be hit.
This is the reason I'm not worried, Colin is a football player and not afraid at all Jim seems to be more concerned then Kap

Colin Kaepernick doesn't appear to be worried about taking on more contact this Sunday.

If the Green Bay Packers choose to hit him after he gets rid of the football on zone-read plays from San Francisco's pistol offense, the 49ers quarterback is ready for the outcome.

"I'm not worried about that," Kaepernick said.

Kaepernick is used to defenses trying to slow down his running ability by trying to be physical with him at the line of scrimmage.

"It's football," he said. "You're going to get hit."

Kaepernick said he's been defended that way ever since he starred in college for the University of Nevada.

"They tried just about everything," he said.

All the talk on Green Bay's intent on hitting Kaepernick picked up this week when Pro Bowl outside linebacker Clay Matthews appeared on ESPN radio. The Packers linebacker said the plan for Sunday's Week 1 matchup was to hit Kaepernick as much as possible.

Originally posted by Scoots:
Mooch was on the radio and according to him if the QB makes it evident he doesn't have the ball then he cannot be hit.

That's how I see it. I don't think defenders are going to be able to get away with hitting the QB when they please. They have to get there at the right time, when the fake is actually taking place. Once the QB pulls back and he doesn't have the ball, you can't hit him.
Share 49ersWebzone