LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Regarding other teams targeting Kaep to injure him this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Packers are just runnin' their mouths because they are scurred.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They aren't doing fake handoffs. Those are real handoffs. It's not the same.
How do you know until its done? Is it how the QBs "posture" looks? BS is what it is
In the end, fight fire with fire.

It doesn't matter if the ball is handed off. The point is the "posture". If the quarterback "looks" like he might want to run with the ball at any point while holding the ball, he doesn't have the same protections as other quarterbacks.

Of course, the word "posture" is ambiguous, so basically there is no way to enforce it besides the officials just making things up on the spot.
What'll end up happening is that Kap will generally receive less protection than other quarterbacks, without any clear explanation on any particular play.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by outside4949:
I just saw a whole segament on this on nfl live. If they really do enforce the same rules guys like peyton and brady are going to be hammered. great post!

This is what I want to see. Then we will see whose QB limps off the field
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
In the end, fight fire with fire.

Eye for an eye
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It doesn't matter if the ball is handed off. The point is the "posture". If the quarterback "looks" like he might want to run with the ball at any point while holding the ball, he doesn't have the same protections as other quarterbacks.

Of course, the word "posture" is ambiguous, so basically there is no way to enforce it besides the officials just making things up on the spot.
What'll end up happening is that Kap will generally receive less protection than other quarterbacks, without any clear explanation on any particular play.

This is what I don't want. Don't leave Jerome Boger to decide the game using his own faulty judgement. The rule should be clear cut
Originally posted by random49er:
This is what upsets Harbaugh about the latest comments from the head of officiating.....

Compare the "stances" of these QBs and see if you can relate how one is more of a threat to make a play with the ball than the other...

????

But if it's obvious that all 3 of these QBs have faked the ball,...it sounds like the NFL is saying they will protect Brady and Manning, yet not protect Kap. There is no good reason whatsoever why .

"

Cause Kaep is black and has tattooz
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I think this is getting over blown. The only way a defensive player can hit Kaep legally is if is carrying out a fake after handing the ball off. That means the ball is handed off and he is running on the outside as if he "has" the ball. I played in an option offense and you are taught to attack the DE or OLB whether you have the ball or not. In Kaep's case he is in the Pistol reading the DE OLB at the snap and is NOT attacking, just reading. In the SB Suggs attacked Kaep even when he handed the ball off but Kaep's momentum was not moving forward and Suggs would sometimes try to knock Kaep back a bit just to let him know he was there.

http://youtu.be/JLUxNTGW8Hk
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bro, it's time to switch to decaf.

Response of the Year

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by random49er:
This is what upsets Harbaugh about the latest comments from the head of officiating.....

Compare the "stances" of these QBs and see if you can relate how one is more of a threat to make a play with the ball than the other...

????

But if it's obvious that all 3 of these QBs have faked the ball,...it sounds like the NFL is saying they will protect Brady and Manning, yet not protect Kap. There is no good reason whatsoever why .

"

Cause Kaep is black and has tattooz

LMAO.... Kaep won't get hit as long as he doesn't attack the LOS as if he has the ball. They are saying if he carries out a fake around the outside as IF he has it and is running, that he can get hit. Brady and Manning do not run those types of fakes.
All this talk just means one thing as far as I'm concerned. We are living rent free right between the eyes of many a coordinator and defensive player. If Kap is carrying out a run fake close to a lineman he should get tackled. If they have to take 5 strides to pop him, then that should be a flag. I think Kap could level half the linemen and LB's in the league right now anyway.
Originally posted by loyal9er:
I think this is getting over blown. The only way a defensive player can hit Kaep legally is if is carrying out a fake after handing the ball off. That means the ball is handed off and he is running on the outside as if he "has" the ball. I played in an option offense and you are taught to attack the DE or OLB whether you have the ball or not. In Kaep's case he is in the Pistol reading the DE OLB at the snap and is NOT attacking, just reading. In the SB Suggs attacked Kaep even when he handed the ball off but Kaep's momentum was not moving forward and Suggs would sometimes try to knock Kaep back a bit just to let him know he was there.

http://youtu.be/JLUxNTGW8Hk

"Suggs attacked Kaep even when he handed the ball off but Kaep's momentum was not moving forward"

Which should be a penalty, but wasn't called. Which is causing confusion right now.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
How do you know until its done? Is it how the QBs "posture" looks? BS is what it is

As I tried to say earlier but my post didn't show up do to work Internet being crappy. The NFL doesn't care about protecting QB's they care about protecting Tom Brady....everyone else who is a pocket passer just gets protected by default when a new rule to protect him is installed.

It's an exaggeration but only a slight one....it's no coincidence that the committee that made this decision is made up of teams that feature household name pocket passers, anything to get an unfair advantage for their golden boys. Hell Tomlin said flat out he was looking forward to hurting other teams QBs. Basically assume that Kap can and will be hit every single down, no ref is going to call a flag based on "posture". Kaps posture will always mean run, Manninings will always mean pass.....
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
All this talk just means one thing as far as I'm concerned. We are living rent free right between the eyes of many a coordinator and defensive player. If Kap is carrying out a run fake close to a lineman he should get tackled. If they have to take 5 strides to pop him, then that should be a flag. I think Kap could level half the linemen and LB's in the league right now anyway.

EXACTLY!! And Kaep is 5 yards behind the LOS anyways. He doesn't need to carry out a fake. He is such a weapon that the D freezes no matter what before he makes his read. That is exactly what we want -- a defense to not get a jump on the play. If they do, they are just gambling!!
Share 49ersWebzone