LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Regarding other teams targeting Kaep to injure him this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
RGIII would be my counterargument. He's a young, black running QB and he'll get treated just like Brady and Manning.

two words: cornball brotha

lol stupid autocorrect
[ Edited by ninermedic on Sep 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM ]
Funny stuff.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
RGIII would be my counterargument. He's a young, black running QB and he'll get treated just like Brady and Manning.

lol stupid autocorrect

But then you also have Russell Wilson, maybe Cam Newton and possibly Teddy Bridgewater who will probably be the No. 1 overall pick next year who will be on the cusp of becoming some of the star QBs in the league.
Originally posted by ninermedic:

lol stupid autocorrect

But then you also have Russell Wilson, maybe Cam Newton and possibly Teddy Bridgewater who will probably be the No. 1 overall pick next year who will be on the cusp of becoming some of the star QBs in the league.

Does not matter. All QBs should be treated and hit the same way on the handoff exchange or fake to the RB regardless of their skin color or athletic ability. A QB is a QB but our guy will have to be aware and protect himself and not give defenders the opportunity to take a cheap shot. I think Kap will do an excellent job of this. This is just a self serving rule for the members of the competition committee that are scared to death of these new wave QBs that are the ultimate weapons. They don't have one so they want to diminish the teams that do. There are some folk scared of the evolution and prefer to keep things status quo
Originally posted by 49erWay:
A lot of talk from a few teams like Green Bay (Clay Mathews) and Seattle making it loud and clear they are going to try and hurt Kaep and take him out of the game.

Harbaugh has gone to the league with the issue, because its real.

Fine.

I say we turn the Oline loose and start breaking as many legs as we can right out of the gate. Let them fine us. Big deal.

Most importantly, end the careers of as many of these loud mouthed punk Seahawks the entire country now despises, and their punk fan base.

Then win the Superbowl. Some years require a little....punch. As seen when Kevin Gogan was wiping out people who went punk.

I want to see 30 point victories and entire defenses taken out.

Punks

Actually it's Kap who'll be punked. He's the one running around like a chicken with his head cut off. The 49ers peaked last year. This year they won't even have a winning record. I want us to win but I don't like our chances. The Read/Option is dead. Which means so is the only thing Kaps knows.....
[ Edited by NFLBuddah on Sep 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM ]
Originally posted by NFLBuddah:
Actually it's Kap who'll be punked. He's the one running around like a chicken with his head cut off. The 49ers peaked last year. This year they won't even have a winning record. I want us to win but I don't like our chances. The Read/Option is dead. Which means so is the only thing Kaps knows.....

Go home, Rams fan

Whoa brotha ! It does look like Kap will have some adjustments to make , hopefully he does.
Very late and very far out of bounds. I don't mind that our guys stood up for Kaep on that play.

QFT
A lot of talk from a few teams like Green Bay (Clay Mathews) and Seattle making it loud and clear they are going to try and hurt Kaep and take him out of the game.

Fine.

I say we turn the Oline loose and start breaking as many legs as we can right out of the gate. Let them fine us. Big deal.

Most importantly, end the careers of as many of these loud mouthed punk Seahawks the entire country now despises, and their punk fan base.

Then win the Superbowl. Some years require a little....punch. As seen when Kevin Gogan was wiping out people who went punk.

Punks

I hope today your question was answered…..

Fine.

Punks

LOL 400 yards LOL
I've been saying all week, the key to countering this intimidation tactic is simple:

If a player takes an obviously deliberate shot on Kap after he's handed off the ball the very next play you run a designed cut block on that player's knees

Sometimes goon tactics are the smart play.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Fine.

Punks

LOL 400 yards LOL

He was right about one thing though. The read option is dead. Thank God. Now Kap can get 400 yards the easy way.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
kaep doesn't need to be a running, offensive weapon. he's a pocket bomber. run and slide when you have wide-open spaces, but no need to be a runner who takes hits.

let tyrell pryor try to be kaep 1.0

kaep can win as kaep 2.0
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The read option isn't dead....the defense has to make a conscious adjustment to it...which leaves it vulnerable to other types of offensive tactics. When team's pick their poison and say "No, I don't want Kap shredding my secondary for 400yds", then the read option will make sense again.
Share 49ersWebzone