There are 206 users in the forums

So.....a receiver coming back from a Torn ACL is our Deep Threat???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I'd say the ACL injury isnt the worst think Kyle has had to come back from...

clear out one half of the field by running crossing routes.. have Kaep throw the ball up high, and then run under it on the empty half...TD every time!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
clear out one half of the field by running crossing routes.. have Kaep throw the ball up high, and then run under it on the empty half...TD every time!

Kap is no Steve Young.
Kyle Williams isn't a deep threat IMO. In fact, I don't think he's even an average #3 WR.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I wouldn't be concerned about that. Something that is actually becoming more clear is that if we have V. Davis, A.Boldin, Jonathan Baldwin among others as our starters. All of our receivers are bigger and faster players. I would bet this will benefit us when playing Seahawks so their corners aren't able to mug our receivers like they did last year.
Boldin and Vernon will have to do. It's all about the run game anydamn way.
Man...it feels damn good to say that this problem is way less of a problem than it was one week ago
patton looks pretty damn fast. id consider him a deep threat
Yes Kyle Williams can come back from that injury and still be our deep threat. Adrian Peterson is just one example, but he didn't look like he lost speed last season coming back from a similar injury.
I think Kyle can bounce back and regain his quickness/speed. He did it once before, suffered a knee injury rookie year IIRC.

My question is, can he realistically start? He's flashed some playmaking ability in the past, but I don't think he's a consistent enough player to be able to handle 60+ snaps as the #2 receiver. He disappears when he's on the field at times. I hope Moore or Patton overtake him.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think Kyle can bounce back and regain his quickness/speed. He did it once before, suffered a knee injury rookie year IIRC.

My question is, can he realistically start? He's flashed some playmaking ability in the past, but I don't think he's a consistent enough player to be able to handle 60+ snaps as the #2 receiver. He disappears when he's on the field at times. I hope Moore or Patton overtake him.

i think they will for sure. patton will start by mid season i think, probably sooner. if moore and patton are good i can see them using boldin as the #3 arnaz battle/move the chains guy to save him for the entire season since hes older and may get burned out if hes overused. having boldin at years end in the playoffs is very important
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Yes Kyle Williams can come back from that injury and still be our deep threat. Adrian Peterson is just one example, but he didn't look like he lost speed last season coming back from a similar injury.

KW = AP

Well s**t. I guess that's all we need then lol! Let's pop the cork right now! Championship!!!
Originally posted by zillabeast:

KW = AP

Well s**t. I guess that's all we need then lol! Let's pop the cork right now! Championship!!!

Witnessing AP recover from that ACL injury does give me hope that KW may be able to recover from that injury in similar fashion.

KW = AP

Witnessing AP recover from that ACL injury does give me hope that KW may be able to recover from that injury in similar fashion.

It doesn't change the fact that Williams was nothing special to begin with though.

Baalke should trade him to an AFC WR-needy team while there is still some value there.

Kansas City perhaps.

KW = AP

It doesn't change the fact that Williams was nothing special to begin with though.

Baalke should trade him to an AFC WR-needy team while there is still some value there.

Kansas City perhaps.
I wouldn't trade anybody until we know who is starter worthy. If we have somebody important go down and trade KW, we will be back to a s**t sandwich. Once we have a better idea on Ham's return, trade ideas would make more sense.
Share 49ersWebzone