LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 189 users in the forums

So.....a receiver coming back from a Torn ACL is our Deep Threat???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mother f**ker
Again. KW doing his job, but Kap missed him again. That's a TD if KW doesn't have to slow up for that, granted Clay hit him right as he threw it.
cut him when Mario comes back. Terrible WR and PR.
Imagine how devastating it would be if we had a true deep threat
"Kap is an accurate QB, but I don't see our receivers separating from defenses like Seattle and other good secondaries. I'm sure we will get those 20 yard passes, but I don't think we have anyone who scares the defense besides Vernon. Kap is going to have to be even more accurate this season, imo."

from the opening post.

I think we were in denial, last year and we still are now. Although I'm still pissed we don't have anyone to take the top off the defense..or just the threat of it, we have to make due with what we have.

we can't make Vernon or Boldin our featured players if All Pros like Sherman will guard them one on one....we just need to accept early on that defenses like Seattle, are going to take them away... so you use that to your advantage... use both of them as decoys on the outside maybe.

take Sherman away from where you really want to go...and feature someone else (who is athletic) to find a way to get open... and that player to me should've been McDonald...or get Hunter out is space. Just feature them...let the gameplan go through these guys initially, and then go back to Boldin and Vernon when opposing defenses have to make adjustments.

Seattle was able to stay with Kyle...he's quick and shifty but Seattle slows you down by holding pushing you just enough. If they tried that with McDonald, he'd just go right through them, which would hopefully give an opening for Kap to drop a pass.

Last year, when things were covered Walker was the go to guy...he was able to get just enough separation by the mismatch. Problem was his hands. I just wish we featured McDonald more.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
we have no deep threat.
When Kyle Williams is your top receiver (like he was last night), you're going to have trouble scoring.
Harbs needs to play the new guys. If he pulls a LMJ on Patton and keeps him sidelined for most of the season I will be pissed.
williams is probably the only starter we have that wouldn't start on a majority of other teams.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Harbs needs to play the new guys. If he pulls a LMJ on Patton and keeps him sidelined for most of the season I will be pissed.

Patton played last night. He needs to play more. Had one catch that was called back on penalty, and then he was WIDE open for a TD, but Kaep didnt even look at him. Patton IMO looks like the most hungry WR on the field. Gotta target him more.

Originally posted by jreff22:

patton got a few reps last night. hopefully he gets in more.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
patton got a few reps last night. hopefully he gets in more.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Patton played last night. He needs to play more. Had one catch that was called back on penalty, and then he was WIDE open for a TD, but Kaep didnt even look at him. Patton IMO looks like the most hungry WR on the field. Gotta target him more.

I want Jim to just leave him on the field. Make Kap use him and trust him.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
"Kap is an accurate QB, but I don't see our receivers separating from defenses like Seattle and other good secondaries. I'm sure we will get those 20 yard passes, but I don't think we have anyone who scares the defense besides Vernon. Kap is going to have to be even more accurate this season, imo."

from the opening post.

I think we were in denial, last year and we still are now. Although I'm still pissed we don't have anyone to take the top off the defense..or just the threat of it, we have to make due with what we have.

we can't make Vernon or Boldin our featured players if All Pros like Sherman will guard them one on one....we just need to accept early on that defenses like Seattle, are going to take them away... so you use that to your advantage... use both of them as decoys on the outside maybe.

take Sherman away from where you really want to go...and feature someone else (who is athletic) to find a way to get open... and that player to me should've been McDonald...or get Hunter out is space. Just feature them...let the gameplan go through these guys initially, and then go back to Boldin and Vernon when opposing defenses have to make adjustments.

Seattle was able to stay with Kyle...he's quick and shifty but Seattle slows you down by holding pushing you just enough. If they tried that with McDonald, he'd just go right through them, which would hopefully give an opening for Kap to drop a pass.

Last year, when things were covered Walker was the go to guy...he was able to get just enough separation by the mismatch. Problem was his hands. I just wish we featured McDonald more.

seems like they were trying to get bruce miller that x factor role last night, but yeah, more vance
Why was Hunter and Patton not really used aside from a few plays last night? Hunter should have more than 1 carry on a night where Gore couldnt produce.

Soon our Wrs will be the all ACL team
Kyle Williams
Manningham
Crabtree.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Crabs' ACL is fine from what I hear.
Share 49ersWebzone