There are 140 users in the forums

So.....a receiver coming back from a Torn ACL is our Deep Threat???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
"Kap is an accurate QB, but I don't see our receivers separating from defenses like Seattle and other good secondaries. I'm sure we will get those 20 yard passes, but I don't think we have anyone who scares the defense besides Vernon. Kap is going to have to be even more accurate this season, imo."

from the opening post.

I think we were in denial, last year and we still are now. Although I'm still pissed we don't have anyone to take the top off the defense..or just the threat of it, we have to make due with what we have.

we can't make Vernon or Boldin our featured players if All Pros like Sherman will guard them one on one....we just need to accept early on that defenses like Seattle, are going to take them away... so you use that to your advantage... use both of them as decoys on the outside maybe.

take Sherman away from where you really want to go...and feature someone else (who is athletic) to find a way to get open... and that player to me should've been McDonald...or get Hunter out is space. Just feature them...let the gameplan go through these guys initially, and then go back to Boldin and Vernon when opposing defenses have to make adjustments.

Seattle was able to stay with Kyle...he's quick and shifty but Seattle slows you down by holding pushing you just enough. If they tried that with McDonald, he'd just go right through them, which would hopefully give an opening for Kap to drop a pass.

Last year, when things were covered Walker was the go to guy...he was able to get just enough separation by the mismatch. Problem was his hands. I just wish we featured McDonald more.

I think you are spot on with this buddy, I was expecting us to do this and for Vance to have a big game. He's tailor made for that kind of game and more than capable of physically out muscling the Seattle secondary, we should have been game planning to get him involved in this all week.

I think our coaching staff are slow to place faith in our rookie players and keep going back to limited players like Williams when we should be getting the likes of Patton and Vance more involved so they can share the load and be more productive to the season end.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

yeah almost the exact same s**t I was worried about... I thought for sure we'd at least have Baldwin out there by now.

If Vernon does not play.....and we still go out there with the same personnel as the Colts game....then just wow, something indeed is wrong with our coaches.
CUT

CUT

CUT
Share 49ersWebzone