There are 231 users in the forums

Our Schedule is awesome.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
BrianGo is correct. It's an easier schedule than last year. The toughest out of division games with the exception of the Saints and Redskins are at home.

On the other hand, the Seahawks were handed a schedule more like what the Niners had last season. They've got five 10:00 AM games and their toughest out of division games are on the road.

I like the scheduling. But of course, TruNinerFan is also right on the money - any game could be a loss.

We finished 12-4-1 last year, are you suggesting we will do better than that ?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Undefeated 16-0

BOOOK

DAT

SHIET
if Baldwin doesnt score a TD this sunday...then we are hosed
Originally posted by Rascal:

We could do better than that or we could do worse than that. Who knows? All I'm saying is that our schedule looks easier to me this year than it did last year. And, I'm pointing out that the Seahawks have a much tougher schedule this year. This could be good news. We'll see.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
total jinx thread, btw.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
when we start out 0-2

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
when we start out 0-2

Although I really hope we don't, I definitely can see us starting 0-2... the Webzone will be going crazy, but really, our first 2 games are two of the hardest on the schedule. GB is definitely looking for revenge, and @ SEA is the hardest game in the NFL, period.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah, but last year people said we could potentially go 0-2 too. People forget the Lions were a playoff team the year before last and were expected to be a tough team. And the Packers were on the road. Given our history with the Packers, many expected us to possibly lose that game too.

It's pointless to look at an NFL schedule through the lens of last years record. Stuff changes too much. Our schedule could end up being a cakewalk or a gauntlet. One game at a time.
NEXT YEAR we play the Cowboys...woohoo!!!

Originally posted by Rascal:

Well, no Akers so that's what like 2 more wins we could have had last year

I think the benefit for first three games out the gate being tough is that we'll most likely have our best health and intensity.

Remember our first two games last year how intense we were....no injuries, etc.

Playing Seahawks in Seattle this early on in the season is fantastic for so many reasons......my only complaint is we don't open the season against them.

This is the first time in a long time that the QB position is not a concern whatsoever. The D looks improved....

Our only concern is a position of least significance for our offense. Still a concern, but luckily the talent is injured not completely lacking on the roster. Losing Josh Morgan was a bigger deal in 2011 than everything we've had to deal with so far.
Next year we do play Cowboys....in Dallas. Giants in NJ.

Home for Eagles, Redskins.

I'm guessing we are away for Broncos and Raiders, and home for Chargers and Chiefs.
Originally posted by boast:
total jinx thread, btw

When I posted this thread I considered our schedule somewhere between mediocre to tough. My intent was to point out that we are facing the top 4 NFC teams, along with the new up and coming QB phenoms. The story lines are just rediculous.

This is more of my thought process:

Packers - Perennial playoff team who is out for revenge. Two embarrassing losses to the 49ers in one season will have them gunning for us.

@Seahawks - The Hawks will be out to prove that not only are they the best in the division but, the best in the NFC. The 49ers will want to prove the same.

Colts - Jim Harbaugh's protege against Jim Harbaugh's protege. Two of the biggest young stars in the league struggle to show who is the best.

@ Rams - The 49ers will want to prove they know how to win vs. the Rams. The Rams will want to prove that last season's games vs. 49ers were no fluke.

Texans - The top two sack artists in the game showcased in the same game. Texans are like the AFC 49ers. AFC heavyweight vs. NFC heavyweight.

Cardinals - Will the 49ers look at this game as an easy win and let complacency set in?

@ Titans - A big win vs. the Texans followed by a blowout vs. Cardinals might make this a trap game. Can CJ2k prove he is a legit RB vs. a great run d?

@ Jaguars - If the 49ers are successful up to this point then this could be the trap game. The jaguars remind me of the Vikings from last year.

Panthers - Kaep is compared to Cam a lot. This game will showcase two of the most mobile qbs in the league.

@Saints - Another team that will look to avenge a loss from the season before. With their coach back will the Saints show they are still a big time NFC team?

@ Redskins - This rounds out the gauntlet of young emerging superstars in Luck, Wilson, and RG III vs. Kaep. Each qb gets their chance to go metaphorically head to head. Who will be considered the future of the NFL after this season?

Rams - After three tough games will the 49ers be able to keep their strength up against a team they seem to struggle with? Can the Rams even beat the 49ers without the biggest problem Steven Jackson being in Atlanta?

Seahawks - If the 49ers lose week 2 they will want revenge. If the Hawks lose week 2 they will want to get even. If either team sweeps the other doubt will surely set in and the epic cold war might conclude. Also this game will likely decide the NFC West division champion

@Buccaneers - This game is another that could be an easy win that turns into an embarrassing loss.

Falcons - The NFC championship rematch. Is this a playoff preview? Will Steven Jackson continue to terrorize an otherwise dominant defense? Will his lisp make him the funniest sounding RB in the league? (I mean seriously he is so big and monstrous but sounds so hilarious)

@Cardinals - Will Crabtree be back in time to teach Patrick Peterson how to break an ankle?

The point is their are so many story lines. We have 5 possible playoff preview type of games. We play 7 playoff caliber teams along with a couple borderline wildcard type of teams. It just sounds like an exciting season. Three years ago this schedule would be horrifying to me. Now I am confident in the 49ers ability to win against any team in the NFL. I do understand that every single team on this schedule could beat the 49ers under certain circumstances. I'm an optimist. I say we go 19-0 for the next 45 seasons, is that enough bad luck for you superstitious types?
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Originally posted by boast:
total jinx thread, btw

When I posted this thread I considered our schedule somewhere between mediocre to tough. My intent was to point out that we are facing the top 4 NFC teams, along with the new up and coming QB phenoms. The story lines are just rediculous.

This is more of my thought process:

Packers - Perennial playoff team who is out for revenge. Two embarrassing losses to the 49ers in one season will have them gunning for us.

@Seahawks - The Hawks will be out to prove that not only are they the best in the division but, the best in the NFC. The 49ers will want to prove the same.

Colts - Jim Harbaugh's protege against Jim Harbaugh's protege. Two of the biggest young stars in the league struggle to show who is the best.

@ Rams - The 49ers will want to prove they know how to win vs. the Rams. The Rams will want to prove that last season's games vs. 49ers were no fluke.

Texans - The top two sack artists in the game showcased in the same game. Texans are like the AFC 49ers. AFC heavyweight vs. NFC heavyweight.

Cardinals - Will the 49ers look at this game as an easy win and let complacency set in?

@ Titans - A big win vs. the Texans followed by a blowout vs. Cardinals might make this a trap game. Can CJ2k prove he is a legit RB vs. a great run d?

@ Jaguars - If the 49ers are successful up to this point then this could be the trap game. The jaguars remind me of the Vikings from last year.

Panthers - Kaep is compared to Cam a lot. This game will showcase two of the most mobile qbs in the league.

@Saints - Another team that will look to avenge a loss from the season before. With their coach back will the Saints show they are still a big time NFC team?

@ Redskins - This rounds out the gauntlet of young emerging superstars in Luck, Wilson, and RG III vs. Kaep. Each qb gets their chance to go metaphorically head to head. Who will be considered the future of the NFL after this season?

Rams - After three tough games will the 49ers be able to keep their strength up against a team they seem to struggle with? Can the Rams even beat the 49ers without the biggest problem Steven Jackson being in Atlanta?

Seahawks - If the 49ers lose week 2 they will want revenge. If the Hawks lose week 2 they will want to get even. If either team sweeps the other doubt will surely set in and the epic cold war might conclude. Also this game will likely decide the NFC West division champion

@Buccaneers - This game is another that could be an easy win that turns into an embarrassing loss.

Falcons - The NFC championship rematch. Is this a playoff preview? Will Steven Jackson continue to terrorize an otherwise dominant defense? Will his lisp make him the funniest sounding RB in the league? (I mean seriously he is so big and monstrous but sounds so hilarious)

@Cardinals - Will Crabtree be back in time to teach Patrick Peterson how to break an ankle?

The point is their are so many story lines. We have 5 possible playoff preview type of games. We play 7 playoff caliber teams along with a couple borderline wildcard type of teams. It just sounds like an exciting season. Three years ago this schedule would be horrifying to me. Now I am confident in the 49ers ability to win against any team in the NFL. I do understand that every single team on this schedule could beat the 49ers under certain circumstances. I'm an optimist. I say we go 19-0 for the next 45 seasons, is that enough bad luck for you superstitious types?

I'm feeling you bro. This will be an exciting season. Now if we can only keep Kap healthy!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
when we start out 0-2

How about if the Niners start at 2-0? Will you come back and chow down on some crow for all of us?
Share 49ersWebzone