LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Our Schedule is awesome.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Stopped at if your really
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
I've watched football long enough to know that every game is a potential loss. There is no easy game in the NFL.

Bingo. I'm not looking at this as an easy schedule at all. Until the games REALLY start, we have no idea what to expect.
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
If your really think about it, our schedule give us a chance to really prove what and who we are as a football team. We face all of the new hot commodities at quarterback. Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, and Robert Griffin III vs. Colin Kaepernick. That alone is just press for days. Okay and then we have the Packers, Saints, and the Falcons, not to mention the Seahawks twice. These are all of the top teams in the NFC. These are playoff previews. When I was trying to be optimistic as we went 6-10 I was scared to see a winning team on our schedule. Since Harbaugh has taken over I can't wait to see the outcome of these type of games. I don't know am I a homer that is too excited to see a tough schedule? Am I just a fan that knows that his team is the most dominant in the NFC? You tell me.

Your rite and since Harbaugh took over think about it first season takes the 49ers from not a playoff team all the way to the nfc championship game wich I still consider that game a win becuase of how close and heart breaking that lost was to the giants..And his 2nd season takes the 49ers all the way to the superbowl wich we lost by a hair so yea Harbaugh is the man for the job with out a question.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Stopped at if your really

Don't know what your talking about. That never happened.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I've watched football long enough to know that every game is a potential loss. There is no easy game in the NFL.

Bingo. I'm not looking at this as an easy schedule at all. Until the games REALLY start, we have no idea what to expect.

Absolutely, the old adage of "any given Sunday" still holds true. To me is very simple, the moment you underestimate your oponent is the moment you will fall. Take last season for example, remember how high everyone were when we beat the Packers in the first game ? Well, over-confidence started to set in for me momentarily and I thought if we could beat the Packers we could easily beat the Vikings. Boom, how wrong was I ?! Also, I made what I thought to be a conservative season prediction of 12 and 4 and we couldn't even get there. This season, it is even going to be tougher in my book. If I am being optimistic, I am looking at 11 and 5.
Just win the division baby!!!!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Our schedule is easier than last year. Look at the non-division games:

Green Bay - Same as last year, except we are at HOME.
Indianapolis - Good team. At HOME.
Houston - Good team. At HOME.
@ Tennessee - SUB 500 team on the road.
@ Jacksonville - SUB 500 team on the road.
Carolina - SUB 500 team at HOME.
@ New Orleans - SUB 500 team on the road.
@ Washington - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
@ Tampa Bay - SUB 500 team on the road.
Atlanta - Good team. At HOME.

Only ONE game against a good team on the road.

Last year:
@ Green Bay - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
Detroit - Sub 500 team at HOME.
@ Minnesota - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
@ Jets - Sub 500 team on the road.
Buffalo - Sub 500 team at HOME.
Giants - Good team at HOME.
Chicago - Good team at HOME.
@ New Orleans - Sub 500 team on the road.
Miami - Sub 500 team at HOME.
@ New England - Tough game, team had not lost at home in December for 10 years.

THREE games against good teams on the road.

I think our schedule this year is clearly easier than last year. The divisional games are always the same of course, and one might argue that the division is tougher, but I don't think it is THAT much tougher from last year.

You're insane if you think the saints are a sub 500 team. That is a playoff team that's dangerous.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Aug 22, 2013 at 7:28 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Just win the division baby!!!!

Let's just look at the division games for starters, I think it can easily be 3 and 3 if we are not careful.
i think last year was a big test because we were expected to do alot and we did. Never folded under the pressure. Went out and laid an egg for about 2 1/2 quarters in the super bowl and still were 5 yards away from winning it. I think we'll be ready. This is the chance to become that bully harbaugh talked about being.

Talbert
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Our schedule is easier than last year. Look at the non-division games:

Green Bay - Same as last year, except we are at HOME.
Indianapolis - Good team. At HOME.
Houston - Good team. At HOME.
@ Tennessee - SUB 500 team on the road.
@ Jacksonville - SUB 500 team on the road.
Carolina - SUB 500 team at HOME.
@ New Orleans - SUB 500 team on the road.
@ Washington - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
@ Tampa Bay - SUB 500 team on the road.
Atlanta - Good team. At HOME.

Only ONE game against a good team on the road.

Last year:
@ Green Bay - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
Detroit - Sub 500 team at HOME.
@ Minnesota - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
@ Jets - Sub 500 team on the road.
Buffalo - Sub 500 team at HOME.
Giants - Good team at HOME.
Chicago - Good team at HOME.
@ New Orleans - Sub 500 team on the road.
Miami - Sub 500 team at HOME.
@ New England - Tough game, team had not lost at home in December for 10 years.

THREE games against good teams on the road.

I think our schedule this year is clearly easier than last year. The divisional games are always the same of course, and one might argue that the division is tougher, but I don't think it is THAT much tougher from last year.

You're insane if you think the saints are a sub 500 team. That is a playoff team that's dangerous.

This. And looking at the schedule from the standpoint of last season's record is simply misleading. Many teams have improved a lot. There is no doubt in my mind this is a heck of a tough schedule.

• boast
  • Hella Fame

this

Couldn't agree more! We have to take every single game seriously..We have a very tough schedule ahead of us.

This

Last year vs minn
The first 6 weeks are brutal, along with the miles travelled but if the team makes it out of the first 6 weeks at 4-2 or better then the last half of the schedule is set up for a nice run into the playoffs.
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM ]
BrianGo is correct. It's an easier schedule than last year. The toughest out of division games with the exception of the Saints and Redskins are at home.

On the other hand, the Seahawks were handed a schedule more like what the Niners had last season. They've got five 10:00 AM games and their toughest out of division games are on the road.

I like the scheduling. But of course, TruNinerFan is also right on the money - any game could be a loss.
Share 49ersWebzone