LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Our Schedule is awesome.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
when we start out 0-2

How about if the Niners start at 2-0? Will you come back and chow down on some crow for all of us?

We may never hear from him again
with Rose colored glasses on...

1. Packers - the Niners beat them last time even though their defense was ailing. Kaepernick has an entire off season to prepare, the defense is healthy - Niners roll.
2. Seahawks - couldn't go in there at a better time for the Niners - early September so the weather is dry, team is healthy and looking to bring a healthy dose of payback; Bowman and Willis stunt up the middle and rock Wilson - Niners shock the league with a convincing win.
3. Colts - they simply cannot protect Luck against a relentless Niner pass rush and he has a tough game; Niner offense continues to roll - another Niner win.
4. Rams - Niners roll into town ready to lay a heavy beating on the Rams; Rams defense has no answer for a fully prepared Kaepernick and a focused offense; defense continues the sack show on Bradford three or four times.
5. Texans - Niner defense gets another four sacks; Kaepernick guts out a tough game against a tough defense for a close win at the Stick.
6. Cardinals - Palmer is a sitting duck and gets completely pummeled by Smith, Lemonier, Smith and Brooks; Kaepernick is focused - a big win and everyone is talking about the 6-0 Niners running first in all power rankings.
7. Titans - no match for a very focused Niner juggernaut intent on not letting down for anyone.
8. Jaguars - no match for the NIners in London.
9. Panthers - Kaepernick wants to put all comparisons to Newton to rest - has a monster game; Kaepernick MVP talk is heating up as the NIners go 8-0.
10. Saints - first loss of the season in a barn burner - offense still rolls, but Brees is on fire and the Niners lose a squeaker to be 8-1.
11. Redskins - Niners complete their sweep of teams with the other hot young QB's; RGIII cannot evade super-quick NIner ILB's; Redskins defense cannot stop the Niners. 9-1
12. Rams - the last Rams game at the Stick is a blowout - NIners win 38-6 to go 10-1.
13. Seahawks - NIners completely handle the Hawk running game and beat the Seahawks in a close one at the Stick to sweep them and the Rams ending all this talk of who is the NFC West power.
14. Bucs - Niners finally have a let down; resurgent Bucs defense controls the passing game 11-2
15. Falcons - Niners come back in a big way from the loss and shock the NFL by convincingly beating the Falcons; Falcons D cannot stop the NIner offense.
16. Cardinals - Niners continue the sack show pummeling Palmer again; complete the division sweep and end up 14-2 with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

The last game at the Stick is an NFC Championship win. Kaepernick goes on to fulfill his dream of winning a Super Bowl two weeks later. It's one of those Niners Super Bowls where everyone knows by early in the third quarter that the game is over.

Right now, that's my dream and it will continue to be my dream for at least a few more weeks.
[ Edited by GNielsen on Aug 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM ]
Wow, it's been over a half hour and I just came back. I expected to see lots of derision and jokes over that sweeping the division and going 14-2. Great. I guess there might be more dreamers around here than I thought.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
You're insane if you think the saints are a sub 500 team. That is a playoff team that's dangerous.

Insane? Really???

I am not using the term "sub 500" figuratively. In other words, I am not saying, "they are a bad team". I am using the term LITERALLY. As in, the Saints literally, "lost more games than they won last year". I am simply stating it as a fact.

I am not adding speculation as to who is TRULY a "good" team or "bad" team, as that could take thousands of pages of arguments and never be resolved.
There are teams with winning records that will have losing records in 2013, and there are teams with losing records that will have winning records in 2013.

The only objective evaluation we have to go on, is the teams record. The saying, "You are what your record says you are" is usually correct.
I thought the Saints would have a winning record last year, they did not. I think the Saints will have a winning record this year too, but as of right now, OBJECTIVELY, their record says they are not that type of team.

My point is that we are very lucky. We are lucky because just about every single game we play against a team with a winning record the previous year, is at HOME. That cannot be understated; so I'll say it again. We are very lucky that nearly every game we play against teams with a winning record, is a HOME game. That is huge.
Wow, it's been over a half hour and I just came back. I expected to see lots of derision and jokes over that sweeping the division and going 14-2. Great. I guess there might be more dreamers around here than I thought.

We lost 3 games two years ago. We lost 4 games last year. Why is it such a "dream" to only lose 2 this year? It's a little optimistic, but nothing overboard. Our defense has far greater depth this year, and has even improved at NT. Gone are Goldson's game costing penalties. We have Kap with a full camp under his belt, and almost all of our toughest games are at home. I don't see what there is not to like. The only downside is Crabs injury. Culliver's we can deal with.
Evidently, JoseCortez doesn't realize that a 7-9 record means your are sub-500. Let's review: if you lose more games than you win, say you lost 9 games and won 7 games, you have a winning percentage that is less than 50% and are therefore you are a "sub-500" team. Get it, JoseCortez?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We lost 3 games two years ago. We lost 4 games last year. Why is it such a "dream" to only lose 2 this year? It's a little optimistic, but nothing overboard. Our defense has far greater depth this year, and has even improved at NT. Gone are Goldson's game costing penalties. We have Kap with a full camp under his belt, and almost all of our toughest games are at home. I don't see what there is not to like. The only downside is Crabs injury. Culliver's we can deal with.

Thank you. I just didn't want to predict 19-0 so I had to come up with a couple of losses somewhere.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Our schedule is easier than last year. Look at the non-division games:

Green Bay - Same as last year, except we are at HOME.
Indianapolis - Good team. At HOME.
Houston - Good team. At HOME.
@ Tennessee - SUB 500 team on the road.
@ Jacksonville - SUB 500 team on the road.
Carolina - SUB 500 team at HOME.
@ New Orleans - SUB 500 team on the road.
@ Washington - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
@ Tampa Bay - SUB 500 team on the road.
Atlanta - Good team. At HOME.

Only ONE game against a good team on the road.

Last year:
@ Green Bay - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
Detroit - Sub 500 team at HOME.
@ Minnesota - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
@ Jets - Sub 500 team on the road.
Buffalo - Sub 500 team at HOME.
Giants - Good team at HOME.
Chicago - Good team at HOME.
@ New Orleans - Sub 500 team on the road.
Miami - Sub 500 team at HOME.
@ New England - Tough game, team had not lost at home in December for 10 years.

THREE games against good teams on the road.

I think our schedule this year is clearly easier than last year. The divisional games are always the same of course, and one might argue that the division is tougher, but I don't think it is THAT much tougher from last year.

I think New Orleans is a better team than the Redskins.
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
If you really think about it, our schedule give us a chance to really prove what and who we are as a football team. We face all of the new hot commodities at quarterback. Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, and Robert Griffin III vs. Colin Kaepernick. That alone is just press for days. Okay and then we have the Packers, Saints, and the Falcons, not to mention the Seahawks twice. These are all of the top teams in the NFC. These are playoff previews. When I was trying to be optimistic as we went 6-10 I was scared to see a winning team on our schedule. Since Harbaugh has taken over I can't wait to see the outcome of these type of games. I don't know am I a homer that is too excited to see a tough schedule? Am I just a fan that knows that his team is the most dominant in the NFC? You tell me.

I know what you mean. I think that when most of us saw a late season trip to New England on last years schedule we thought it would be a good test. It should have been a but kicking if the defense had played two halves. Being from Wisconsin I just love slapping the Packers around. It feels so good after losing to those cheesedicks for so long.
with Rose colored glasses on...

1. Packers - the Niners beat them last time even though their defense was ailing. Kaepernick has an entire off season to prepare, the defense is healthy - Niners roll.
2. Seahawks - couldn't go in there at a better time for the Niners - early September so the weather is dry, team is healthy and looking to bring a healthy dose of payback; Bowman and Willis stunt up the middle and rock Wilson - Niners shock the league with a convincing win.
3. Colts - they simply cannot protect Luck against a relentless Niner pass rush and he has a tough game; Niner offense continues to roll - another Niner win.
4. Rams - Niners roll into town ready to lay a heavy beating on the Rams; Rams defense has no answer for a fully prepared Kaepernick and a focused offense; defense continues the sack show on Bradford three or four times.
5. Texans - Niner defense gets another four sacks; Kaepernick guts out a tough game against a tough defense for a close win at the Stick.
6. Cardinals - Palmer is a sitting duck and gets completely pummeled by Smith, Lemonier, Smith and Brooks; Kaepernick is focused - a big win and everyone is talking about the 6-0 Niners running first in all power rankings.
7. Titans - no match for a very focused Niner juggernaut intent on not letting down for anyone.
8. Jaguars - no match for the NIners in London.
9. Panthers - Kaepernick wants to put all comparisons to Newton to rest - has a monster game; Kaepernick MVP talk is heating up as the NIners go 8-0.
10. Saints - first loss of the season in a barn burner - offense still rolls, but Brees is on fire and the Niners lose a squeaker to be 8-1.
11. Redskins - Niners complete their sweep of teams with the other hot young QB's; RGIII cannot evade super-quick NIner ILB's; Redskins defense cannot stop the Niners. 9-1
12. Rams - the last Rams game at the Stick is a blowout - NIners win 38-6 to go 10-1.
13. Seahawks - NIners completely handle the Hawk running game and beat the Seahawks in a close one at the Stick to sweep them and the Rams ending all this talk of who is the NFC West power.
14. Bucs - Niners finally have a let down; resurgent Bucs defense controls the passing game 11-2
15. Falcons - Niners come back in a big way from the loss and shock the NFL by convincingly beating the Falcons; Falcons D cannot stop the NIner offense.
16. Cardinals - Niners continue the sack show pummeling Palmer again; complete the division sweep and end up 14-2 with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

The last game at the Stick is an NFC Championship win. Kaepernick goes on to fulfill his dream of winning a Super Bowl two weeks later. It's one of those Niners Super Bowls where everyone knows by early in the third quarter that the game is over.

Right now, that's my dream and it will continue to be my dream for at least a few more weeks.

I see a loss other than the Saints game. We beat them there last year and Sean Peyton is good but he doesn't walk on water. The Saint defense is still porous even with Rob "Ron Jeremy" Ryan calling the D. Tampa could be trap game but I see the loss coming early in the season at Seattle. That place is too freakin loud.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I see a loss other than the Saints game. We beat them there last year and Sean Peyton is good but he doesn't walk on water. The Saint defense is still porous even with Rob "Ron Jeremy" Ryan calling the D. Tampa could be trap game but I see the loss coming early in the season at Seattle. That place is too freakin loud.

If we could beat the Seahawks in week 2, it would be a miracle and definitely would put me at ease. If you look at the schedule and ask yourself which will be the toughest game to win, I doubt anyone could say there is a tougher game.
i think we start off 4-1 or 3-2
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i think we start off 4-1 or 3-2

4 and 1 would be the best case scenario. I just can't see how we can beat the Seahawks at Clink. And is not just because of the Clink, but I really think this Seahawks team now has come of age. Noone puts a 40 burger on us even if Justin Smith was injured and we were tired from the Pats game. Do you know when was last time someone scored more than 40 on us ? 2006 by the Chargers. I think the key is make sure we don't lose at home against them and tie the series. 3 and 2 would probably be more realistic. For the season, I am looking at 11 and 5 if I am being optimistic, but it could easily be 10 and 6.
Originally posted by Rascal:
4 and 1 would be the best case scenario. I just can't see how we can beat the Seahawks at Clink. And is not just because of the Clink, but I really think this Seahawks team now has come of age. Noone puts a 40 burger on us even if Justin Smith was injured and we were tired from the Pats game. Do you know when was last time someone scored more than 40 on us ? 2006 by the Chargers. I think the key is make sure we don't lose at home against them and tie the series. 3 and 2 would probably be more realistic. For the season, I am looking at 11 and 5 if I am being optimistic, but it could easily be 10 and 6.

Basically you are predicting we can only win one game against a quality opponent? 14-2 may seem optimistic but saying our best chance is 11-5 is just pessimistic. There isn't a team on this schedule that we cannot beat. 10-6 is possible but, unlikely. 11-5 to 12-4 is probably the most realistic, while we have a higher chance of 13-3 then 10-6.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
when we start out 0-2

How about if the Niners start at 2-0? Will you come back and chow down on some crow for all of us?

We may never hear from him again

Share 49ersWebzone