There are 991 users in the forums

Is this our last season with Roman?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaksV:
Although Roman calls stupid plays at crucial times, it's Jim Harbaugh that has the power to veto said stupid plays...........food for thought.

i have always said, JH should have whacked him on the head with a clipboard and over rode him on several occasions including second and goal from the five. and to the poster blaming CK for the time out,, that was an issue all year long and I again trace that back to the coaches
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Here we go again...

"The OC who has taken us to the playoffs two years in a row is a bum."

do not put words on our mouth.. we have said his play calling was suspect on a number of occasions including and headed up by the most important sequence in recent team history. those are the facts
Originally posted by cciowa:
Here we go again...

do not put words on our mouth.. we have said his play calling was suspect on a number of occasions including and headed up by the most important sequence in recent team history. those are the facts

...but you still want to get rid of him, correct?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Here we go again...

I am ok with him this year as long as he learned from his mistakes from last year . If he leaves after this year it would not be tragic. How is that for a ringing endorsement? Of course I understand how much better our offense is since he arrived but I am sorry, a lukewarm endorsement is all i can give him "at this point in time"
Originally posted by SaksV:
Although Roman calls stupid plays at crucial times, it's Jim Harbaugh that has the power to veto said stupid plays...........food for thought.

i have always said, JH should have whacked him on the head with a clipboard and over rode him on several occasions including second and goal from the five. and to the poster blaming CK for the time out,, that was an issue all year long and I again trace that back to the coaches
this, plays weren't coming in on time with either Qb under center and that falls on coaching. Not to mention the amount of times he flat out came unprepared for an opponent. (Min, NY, STL, the first half against MIA, and then not surprising in the postseason
Here we go again...

I am ok with him this year as long as he learned from his mistakes from last year . If he leaves after this year it would not be tragic. How is that for a ringing endorsement? Of course I understand how much better our offense is since he arrived but I am sorry, a lukewarm endorsement is all i can give him "at this point in time"

I just know how bad we were then and how great we are now. Find me someone better.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I just know how bad we were then and how great we are now. Find me someone better.

agree and understand. I still have concerns but there is no one better out there and i will give him a bone cuz he did not have a full year to work with ck and maybe the ability and the things ck could do even surprised roman!
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Here we go. Hope we don't have to change coordinators for Kaps and the offenses sake.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MarkD:
Here we go. Hope we don't have to change coordinators for Kaps and the offenses sake.

no,, just play to his and the teams strength

agree and understand. I still have concerns but there is no one better out there and i will give him a bone cuz he did not have a full year to work with ck and maybe the ability and the things ck could do even surprised roman!

I was texting my buddies during the Super Bowl...

"Now is the time to abandon the pistol."

...multiple times. I meant for that game... not entirely.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on May 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM ]

In a foolish attempt to get back on topic, I'd say yeah it could be very well be our last season with Roman. But I see him more likely to take a college job to season himself as a head coach first. Walking into Dallas or the Jets is kind of a no-win situation.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

No that would be an opinion.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

ok. so you were fine on a fake toss to ginn at our own goal line and you were content with the last three plays called in the super bowl? well that makes one of you
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

ok. so you were fine on a fake toss to ginn at our own goal line and you were content with the last three plays called in the super bowl? well that makes one of you

First the perfect OC doesn't exist. Second if that last series was executed by Kaep better we win that game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
First the perfect OC doesn't exist. Second if that last series was executed by Kaep better we win that game.

i do not blame ck for the last series,, i do not blame ck for the countless times the plays were late coming in. i know the perfect OC does not exist. I just want someone who will play to the strength of our offense and not get cute at the dumbest possible times. Like a reverse in the rain with a wet ball on a bad field in a nfc title game and refusing to run the ball on second and goal from the five with the best run game in the nfl behind the best run blocking line in the nfl,, this even after little james got two yards on first down against a stacked defense
Share 49ersWebzone