LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

A.J. Jenkins and Quinton Patton

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Too early to write the book on Jenkins.....ask me again after this season...
agree.. if we are having the same type of conversation about jenkins in the pre season in regards to lack of getting on the field and lack of productivity then we have a major issue
Originally posted by bigwads:
What I am waiting to see is whether Jenkins makes the starting roster. If not, he will be flat out cut.

uh...I think you need to define "starting roster".

Only 2 WRs will be considered starters and they are Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by bigwads:
What I am waiting to see is whether Jenkins makes the starting roster. If not, he will be flat out cut.

uh...I think you need to define "starting roster".

Only 2 WRs will be considered starters and they are Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin.

what about Manny ? he is a starter if he was not injerd ?
Jenkins definitely looks bigger this year

him last year

Jenkins had a pretty sweet catch in the camp video posted at 49ers.com. At least his hands still work... now we just need his brain to pick up the offense.
Manningham could be in this last year as 49ers. Then Williams and Manningham too are both coming off injuries. So, both Jenkins and Patton are future replacement for both just in case. My guess, both Jenkins and Patton are a solid no 2 or 3 wr or slot reciever too. Also an insurance policy in case Crabtree doesn't re-sign. But I like both Jenkins and Patton to make the squad.
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree.. if we are having the same type of conversation about jenkins in the pre season in regards to lack of getting on the field and lack of productivity then we have a major issue

For realz.....i mean we only missed out on Colby Fleener.....no big deal....
Originally posted by cciowa:

For realz.....i mean we only missed out on Colby Fleener.....no big deal....

Who wasnt even the best rookie TE on the colts...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Jenkins' hands are so huge that they look fake.

I think he does look like he added some muscle to his frame. He still looks thin, but I think part of that is because he just has a long frame. He's got a body type that you see more often with much taller guys.

I don't think that drafting Patton has anything to do with Jenkins. When you have the opportunity to add talent to the roster at good value, you do it. It's the same with trading for Boldin... I think you take that trade even if Jenkins had good production last season. He's just too talented to pass on if you can afford to pay him. Patton is just too talented to pass on in the fourth round. This team needs WRs for the future, too. Now we have good talent for this season and good talent for the future. All for a fourth and sixth round pick.

Seems like a no brainer to me.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Jenkins' hands are so huge that they look fake.

I think he does look like he added some muscle to his frame. He still looks thin, but I think part of that is because he just has a long frame. He's got a body type that you see more often with much taller guys.

I don't think that drafting Patton has anything to do with Jenkins. When you have the opportunity to add talent to the roster at good value, you do it. It's the same with trading for Boldin... I think you take that trade even if Jenkins had good production last season. He's just too talented to pass on if you can afford to pay him. Patton is just too talented to pass on in the fourth round. This team needs WRs for the future, too. Now we have good talent for this season and good talent for the future. All for a fourth and sixth round pick.

Seems like a no brainer to me.
^^^Exactly..

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
SOB !
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
SOB !

If it happened on the internet, then it happened fo REAL.
I remember defending Rashaun Woods after his rookie season

But seriously, this guy needs get his ish together. Rooting for him
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
I remember defending Rashaun Woods after his rookie season

But seriously, this guy needs get his ish together. Rooting for him

Can we please stop acting like the same people who drafted bust after bust in the dark era are the same people drafting today
Share 49ersWebzone