LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

A.J. Jenkins and Quinton Patton

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
A man touched his junk. It's not a big deal. You need to go somewhere and reflect on your life if this is that big of an issue to you.

Nah, I just think it's funny that he's got both hands down his shorts in a picture on the official 49ers website.
Jenkins' arms got bigger
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
A man touched his junk. It's not a big deal. You need to go somewhere and reflect on your life if this is that big of an issue to you.

Nah, I just think it's funny that he's got both hands down his shorts in a picture on the official 49ers website.

s**t I gotta use both hands too
Originally posted by Wodwo:
QUIT SWOONING OVER JENKINS' MUSCLES AND TELL ME WHAT JOE STALEY IS DOING IN THAT PICTURE!

I'm seriously disturbed.

It looks like Staley is also swooning over Jenkin's muscles.
This thread just guy weird. Salivating over AJ's arms and Staleys playtime with his junk

PS: whats with all the Patton threads lol is it the magic of no. 11 that does this?!
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
And we are on page 11!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Tman:
Yea the dude is sportin some guns now! I like it

This, appears to be in very good shape too, big reversal from last year. If everything clicks for Jenkins.....along with Crabtree, Boldin and Patton....oh lawd.....

Looks like that time in the ATL with Kaep was well spent.
Bawahahahaha! Some of you guys crack me up! A lot guys sure don't know about football or more important developing a team. Nor do some take history into account. As one poster said "AJ and Patton are apples and oranges." Although you may look at their stats and think they are the similar, they are different. Patton catches short passes and picks up a lot of his yardage after the catch. AJ is a burner that has the ability to take the top off, however, he needed to get stronger. He was young and didn't know what to expect or realize how much he had to work and showed up out of shape, but so did LMJ-the reason in case some of you forgot the two of them belonge to schools that had late graduations, per NFL rules they couldn't participate in a lot of the camps and missed a lot of valuable time. If you think that matters for a rookie, then consider yourself ignorant, especially the wr position. He needed to get stronger so that he can escape the jams and use that speed. However, for all the experience, strength and speed that Randy Moss still had, they still hardly went to him, how many games did you see him open but did not get the ball? It was because of Alex being safe, then even with Kaep in there, the problem was chemistry or the design of the play. In the preseason they did pretty good (Kaep & AJ) in their short stint. Roman has to find a way to get him open and on the field. AJ was luxury pick, that had to beat out the likes of many veterans. We all know when it comes to crunch, the coaching staff will go with season vets first.

As another said, we may not be able to resign Crabtree, do some of you even remember how he held out into almost the middle of the season? A rookie! The niners are looking at the future one and two years down the line. Look at the examples that another poster provided who had slow starts, especially if you have veterans in front taking up practice snaps.

Plus some of you are forgetting that Manningham may not make it back in time to get his reps with Kaep. He may end up being on the PUP or injured reserve. The niners may use that move just in case one of the receivers gets injured, then move him to the 53 man roster later. Plus any praise given to a guy like Locketter needs to be taken with a grain of salt, look at how many have been praised and then let go.

As for the TE that wasn't, is it not evident that JH and Baalke, knew the stanford tight ends very well (includes Reuland), but still did not take/keep them because they felt others had more potential/upside or fit what they wanted to do better? Ertz for example is taller yet has shorter arm length, also was not that strong (we needed a blocking te first more than a receiving te.

I think AJ will be fine, it is up to Roman to find a way to utilize his talents. Kaeps to get him the ball if Roman does. Does not mean AJ will get a lot of catches just important ones. maybe like 28 catches/ 476 yards and 4/5 TDs.
I think it was the case of a guy too high on the board to pass up...and since we'll need WR's next year and the year after if we lose Crabtree it's a smart move.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I think Patton is a replacement for Boldin after this year. Boldin is not a burner either. For that matter, neither is Crabs, but he is getting better at YAC.

Thinking its likely that the odd man out will likely be due to injury( kyle and manningham) and not lack of abillity.Feeling very confident about the talent on our receiving core and its depth, we should have a nice pick your poison at the no3 wideout spot
Originally posted by Shemp:
I think Patton is a replacement for Boldin after this year. Boldin is not a burner either. For that matter, neither is Crabs, but he is getting better at YAC.

For either Boldin or Crabtree.....with Jenkins hopefully stepping up and the 49ers adding one more WR early in the draft next year in case Crabtree really is out the door.
Jenkins is yoked.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Shemp:

For either Boldin or Crabtree.....with Jenkins hopefully stepping up and the 49ers adding one more WR early in the draft next year in case Crabtree really is out the door.

IMO its gonna be easier and more cost effective to keep Boldin for another 3 years then it would be to nail down Crabtree. If CK and him keep at the same pace they set at the end of last season he will be in line for a huge payday that we cant afford if we want to keep our O-line, QB and Aldon together.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
Jenkins is yoked.

doe
Share 49ersWebzone