LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

A.J. Jenkins and Quinton Patton

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:
QUIT SWOONING OVER JENKINS' MUSCLES AND TELL ME WHAT JOE STALEY IS DOING IN THAT PICTURE!

I'm seriously disturbed.

He is messing with Culliver's head -- mind f*****g him
Originally posted by Beeker:
I can't wait for the "OMG how did they manage to resign Crabs???" threads. Dude's not going anywhere.

Second - Manningham will not be game ready before mid-season. People need to understand with the severity of his knee injury (ACL,MCL,Meniscus) he is actually rehabbing THREE injuries, not just one. He will start out the season on the PUP list, and stay there as long as is needed.

Agree with Doc that the FO decided too many instead of not enough is better.

Crabs, Boldin, Jenkins, Williams, Patton to start the season.

Go 5 wide with that. Or - Crabs Boldin, Jenkins, Davis, Gore.

Teams will have no clue who to cover.

I foresee the season scoring record going down this year. PREDICTION.
Crabs won't be signed. He'll pull a Goldson and we'll get a 3rd rounder
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows The skinny on A.J. Jenkins: The #49ers wide receiver has added some needed bulk in the offseason. http://sacb.ee/1840FDM
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows The skinny on A.J. Jenkins: The #49ers wide receiver has added some needed bulk in the offseason. http://sacb.ee/1840FDM

He'll be cut.
Originally posted by Joecool:

He'll be cut.

That would be a real disappointment. I doubt it, but I don't think he'll be a major contributor.
Originally posted by Joecool:

He'll be cut.

lulz
I can't wait for the "OMG how did they manage to resign Crabs???" threads. Dude's not going anywhere.

Second - Manningham will not be game ready before mid-season. People need to understand with the severity of his knee injury (ACL,MCL,Meniscus) he is actually rehabbing THREE injuries, not just one. He will start out the season on the PUP list, and stay there as long as is needed.

This would be devastating..NFC west should shudder at this lineup..F..k Richard sherman!!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

This would be devastating..NFC west should shudder at this lineup..F..k Richard sherman!!

Davis has to be in that, hes one of our best weapons and the only one of our guys who cant be covered very easily. i really hope Kaep can get on the same page with Vern. its a shame were not using this guy to his full potential. I think Vernon can put up 1500 this year if they focus on him as a receiver
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Davis has to be in that, hes one of our best weapons and the only one of our guys who cant be covered very easily. i really hope Kaep can get on the same page with Vern. its a shame were not using this guy to his full potential. I think Vernon can put up 1500 this year if they focus on him as a receiver

No way they would though. Outside of the our linemen he's the best blocker on our team, and we run a ton. I just don't see our offense turning into a 600-700 pass/yr attempt team like the Lions/Patriots/Saints, and that's really what you'd need to get numbers like that from VD.
The funny thing is that there will be so many targets this year for Kap to throw to, that there won't be any 1000 yd receivers.

With the arrival of Crabtree, the trade for Boldin, the addition of McDonald, and the emergence of Jenkins, we are fielding the most talented receiving corp in a decade. Kap will make them all better with his velocity on intermediate and deep throws. D's won't be able to play 8 men in the box, which will improve our running attack.

With Bolden and McDonald, our 2 TE sets are going to be lethal.

Finally, we can spread the field and distribute the ball. Our offense this year will be fun to watch. Like Walsh's 49ers, we are going to slice and dice D's.

Nice report by...wait for it...Grant on Patton and his matchup with Hayden:

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/05/inside-the-49ers/quinton-patton-vs-d-j-hayden-highlights/

While it appeared it was his worst "statistical" game he did force two big P.I. plays, showed success out of the Q-formation (pistol), demonstrated excellent blocking in the screen/run game and had a knack for making plays at the goal line (RZ/EZ). This kid really seems to have a complete "team" game and with his attitude and drive and on this team in particular, he really could be a monster success.
"Said Lockette: "I think A.J. will definitely surprise a lot of people this year. Last year, he took it as a building year. This year from what I've seen so far, it's night and day. I expect big things out of him. He expects big things out of himself, and Kap expects big things out of him. I think Niner nation and the Niner empire will be proud of what A.J. Jenkins brings to the field this year."

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/05/the-skinny-aj-jenkins-muscled-up-this-offseason.html#storylink=cpy"
[ Edited by leon49 on May 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM ]
Some poster said it best earlier. Manningham may be on the PUP list and someone like Jenkins needs to step up. I think he'll be a bigger contributor than what most people think.
Share 49ersWebzone